Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad screen alignment problem

Default iPad screen alignment problem
    received my ipad 3g two days back . jailbroke it.
    After installing some apps from cydia noted that screen alignment has gone wrong. i had to press below a button to get it activated. found a thread at this sites iphone forum telling a firmware restore solves the problem. restored firmware and the alignment problem was solved.
    but jailbroke it again. and on installing fullforce which also installed mobilesubstrate, applist, preferenceloader as dependencies the alignment problem is back. i am sure the culprit is not fullforce as i hadnt used it previously. so its one of the other three or a script.
    seems it's a common problem among jail breakers according to macrumours forums.
    also the alignment problem is more evident in landscape mode.
    hope we will have a fix for this from cydia soon!

had posted this on macrumours forums , posting it here too to bring to the notice of cydia community-- or is there a better place to discuss this?
    Last edited by weaana; 05-21-2010 at 04:38 PM. Reason: update

fullforce is the culprit.

no it's not. the first time I had the issue, I hadn't installed full force.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to weaana For This Useful Post:

clearNET (05-27-2010)

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

Definitely not FullForce. I just installed it and everything still works fine. Haven't even heard of this problem until now. It's probably some dependency that gets installed.

I thought the dependencies of full force caused the issue. but hearing mitchell it would definitely be some install script going awry on some app.

I had the same problem here with my jailbroken iPad.
    After reading this thread I had the idea to check the applications I installed via Cydia.
    And I decided to remove the Bluetooth mouse driver.

What should I say? Everythings fine again now

( and sorry for my English, it' not my native language ...)

Default Same problem but no Full Force or Bluetooth mouse driver
    I have the same issue, it just started today. Was OK in the morning but after playing a game noticed it was mis-aligned.

Uninstalled iTether (which uses bluetooth) and still the same issue. Just runing a restore to yesterdays settings to see if that works.

----
    In fact, itunes backed my ipad up on loading so i restored to an image a few minutes old... bizzare thing is, it worked, alignment is now fine.
    Last edited by tonyharris25; 08-26-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: update