+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using iPad with blackberry data plan

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey guys, my sister has an unlimited blackberry data plan, and she gave me the sim card, i cut it and put it into the iPad with the correct APN
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Using iPad with blackberry data plan
    Hey guys, my sister has an unlimited blackberry data plan, and she gave me the sim card, i cut it and put it into the iPad with the correct APN settings, and Internet works, however i have heard that i will be billed additional charges for doing this etc. And a BELL representative said it Would not work at all. Bottom line is that it does work. And according to the link below no additional charges will be occurred. Anyone here try this? With any luck?

Here is the link:

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Blackberry Plan on Google Nexus One?

Thanks

I just would like to confirm that you CAN use the iPad with a Blackberry plan, i ended up using my sisters Blackberry Unlimited Data account with my iPad. And bell has a spending cap, so that when you go over lets say $199.99 they will automatically disconnect your line. And i have used about 15GB on this account and so far so good, no additional charges.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought a CradlePoint PHS300 Router that plugs right into my blackberry tour 9630 and it creates a mobile hot spot. I turned on my tether plan for Verizon and bam wifi for all! (up to 15 devices)

The router (PHS300) stands for personal hot spot and its wireless too for power. You hook up the blackberry cable that came with it to the usb port on the Cradle Point and your good to go.

Thanks

I don't know about that, I am still using my ipad with the blackberry unlimited plan, i have used approximate 19.9 GB and still no additional charges. I guess it's luck, im gonna keep using this until i can.