Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad Car Kit Install For Everyone

Default iPad Car Kit Install For Everyone
    Saw this posted online and couldn't believe how easy to do.... and FREE

All you need is the string straight from the Apple bag the iPad came in Should work with most cars and folding cases

Not so sure you want your iPad dangling It will ram itself against the upholstery every time you accelerate and decelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyben View Post
    All you need is the string straight from the Apple bag the iPad came in Should work with most cars and folding cases
    But.. but.. I ordered mine through the mail..

I suppose a nice shoestring will work just fine?

This is so ghetto lol...

Save money and do it teh right way. Stop promoting ghetto fabolous....

You know how stupid this looks?

A person driving a benz but have strings holding his ipad lol
    Last edited by GenNove; 05-11-2010 at 06:55 PM.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Thats pretty funny.

Good thinking!!!!
    You should patent it before Apple does, and they'll make millions

That is ghetto fab but hey apple is about innovation and thinking differently so are its users. Check my car mount i used velcro instead and i love it : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnPx4opR7o4]YouTube - DevToaster Rev 2.0 app demo on iPad w/ Plx kiwi OBD monitor[/ame]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Damn, that's a good idea, i actually went to home depot and bought plexiglass, U shaped aluminum piece. I cut the plexiglass to iPad size along with the aluminum pieces, then riveted everything together. Then i drilled a hole for the headphone jack for my auxiliary. And then riveted 2 L brackets to the back of the entire bracket which slides into the sides of my factory Mercedes deck and viola! Dosnt move around when you turn. The angle is adjustable as well. If anyone wants to see how it looks let me know ill post pictures and instructions :-)

Default lol almost the same car...check mine out =)
    sorry its so small its with my phones camera.i didn't even think to use the string from the apple bag thats good thinking bro....all i did was go to the 99. store to buy the little sticky tabs that were 2.99 and they don't leave a mark or any residue when peeling them off. i saw the video u r talking about that give me the idea to do and was goon do it the way u did through the vent but then i said i wanted to figure out a way that wouldn't block the vents cuz summer is here...either way now we have pad for the car =) good looks bro

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...chmentaspx.jpg
    Last edited by Versaceboy54; 05-18-2010 at 12:32 PM.

here's mine - Bluetooth headunit allows me to access all my songs and no wires or charging needed =)

The great thing my head unit is motorized and extends out it makes a section for the rubber case around the iPad to hold on to.. And the center dash is a decline so it sits back, i just want to put something on the side to avoid it sliding off On sharp turns but for now the rubber case controls it from slipping off

also i noticed using the $3.00 usb ebay car charger does give it enough to charge to keep charging it.. it seems to be more of a trickle charge but it does show its charging.