Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Battery Life

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Battery Life
    Not sure what is causing my battery life to be cut in half. I'm not using backgrounder right now. Haven't used it at all today. The only thing ive been doing is surfing every now and then. The same usage pre jb and I wouldn't get bast 85%. In 8hrs today, I'm down to 43%. Something is happening in the background. Just not sure what it is. Any ideas?

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

List some of the things you have installed via Cydia and maybe somebody will figure out what is running in the background,

Thanks

I have installed:

SBSettings
    Snes4iphone
    Activator
    Dtunes
    Backgrounder

My battery life is now terrible compared to what it was before I jailbroke. Before I could go a few days with fairly heavy usage before charge, now one day of the same usage leads me to need a charge.

My available memory in SBSettings is normally below 50% with nothing except iPod and mail app running in processes.
    The Original Autobot of MMi
    Jesus couldn't turn into a fire engine

LOL -> "Winterboard does not interfere at all with my performance."

Suck it up, Sucker

I have all but dtunes and snes installed and I have nit seen any battery issues. I am using the beta sbsetting and not the standard one. There was a beta repo to add so I could get that. Reboot lately? That may help.

how will jail breaking influence battery life?

JB'ing shouldn't effect battery life really at all. Putting apps on that run in the background like backgrounder can greatly effect it though.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

i have all of that except for dTunes and i'm not seeing any loss of battery time. whats your wifi/bluetooth/screen brightness settings?(just a thought)

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStone641 View Post
    i have all of that except for dTunes and i'm not seeing any loss of battery time. whats your wifi/bluetooth/screen brightness settings?(just a thought)
    Seconded.

Thanks

I haven't been using Bluetooth and I haven't changed the screen settings or any of that since I was getting extremely good battery life so its definitely a cydia app.

I started to experience random reboots. the ipad would literally just restart itself randomly every now and again.

I restored, jail broke and installed pretty much everything except backgrounder and my battery life is back to normal again.

Suck it up, Sucker

Backgrounder can obviously kill your battery life. Worst case scenario you could restore and see if that helps. If it doesn't you may have a bad battery and Apple should replace.

Thanks

Lol, after a full heavy days use I'm now on 75% battery. I'd need to recharge at the end of the day before the restore.

Suck it up, Sucker

So...? The restore did it? Interesting
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

the ikee worm may be the cause of battery drain
    I had similar problem after jailbreak.
    poc-bbot was running without my knowledge.
    the worm got in from some app I installed as I hadn't changed my root password after jailbreak.
    restored the firmware and rejailbroke it. and changed the root password immediately after jailbreak.
    then reinstalled the apps. now battery life seems ok.

Thanks

Wasn't the ikee worm the one that changed your wallpaper to Rick roll? If my wallpaper was the same it couldn't have been??

But yes, the restore saved me. In the fluster of actually getting the jailbreak last time I didn't change the ssh password but it was the first thing I I'd this time so It may well be related.

My battery life is now as good as new again.

Suck it up, Sucker

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I get about 16 hours out of my ipad 3G that is with continues use! O have backgrounder setup so that it automatically kills safari, iPod, videos when you get out of them. Try that see if it helps.

I went 3 days without a charge and used the ipad for about 5 hours a day if you totalled all the sessions. Still had 40% of my battery left.

I wish my iphone could go just one day without charging