+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad sshd_config

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
I am attempting to lock down the sshd on my iPad so that it can only be accessed via the iPad itself. My logic here is I am using iSSH
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPad sshd_config
    I am attempting to lock down the sshd on my iPad so that it can only be accessed via the iPad itself. My logic here is I am using iSSH to ssh to the localhost sshd as explained in Musclenerd's demo, but I don't want the sshd to be accessible via the wifi network for obvious security reasons. I added the the below statement to the /private/etc/ssh/sshd_config file and rebooted the iPad:

ListenAddress 127.0.0.1

Although the above text is intact after the reboot, sshd still accepts connections from the wifi network. This is how to generally lock down sshd on any Unix box I have ever worked on. Has anyone else noticed that sshd_config seems to be ignored by sshd during start-up? Any suggestions on a workaround are much appreciated.

Thanks

Not sure but I swear I uninstalled OpenSSH to fix the location services issue but when I tested connectivity via wifi afterwards it still worked, AND location services did as well so maybe something else is handling the connection?