+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which case should I get?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey all. I just purchased a 64gb iPad and it is coming in tomorrow. I'd like to get a case for it, but don't know what to get. Here are
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Which case should I get?
    Hey all. I just purchased a 64gb iPad and it is coming in tomorrow. I'd like to get a case for it, but don't know what to get. Here are some specific points I am looking for ...

A case that isn't bulky
    A case that will somewhat protect the unit.
    A case that is $30 and under.
    A case that still lets me view the Apple logo on the back.

Please let me know what cases you recommend for me, since I'd like to get one ASAP to make sure that it has a case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I might be in the minority but I like apples ipad case. I've had mine since launch of wifi iPad and i like it very much. Good feel, functional and compact.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

+1 for Apple's case. I like it. Wouldn't say it protects from bumps or anything but not bad case/stand.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

I've seen people complain about the Apple case, but that will probably be the case im going to get.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

The one that I know have my eyes on is the ClamCase. It has a bluetooth keyboard built in but it is hinted at costing 69.99$ though and not coming till fall.

Thanks

I have Apple case...I love it, only thing is it collects dust/dirt

Green Apple
    Thanks

Switcheasy nude case:

Welcome to SwitchEasy

It doesn't make your iPad thicker or bulkier. They have different translucent colors or clear if you still want to see the Apple logo and they cost about 30 bucks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gary86 View Post
    I agree but it's still a very nice case.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gary86 View Post
    That really is the big negative. I also grabbed the microfiber cloth from one of my iPhone packages and keep it tucked in behind the iPad to wipe the dust off screen. I never did clean the apple case and after enough in and out of my backpack it's relatively clean.

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

The Apple case is great. It is somewhat protective and makes the iPad soooo much easier to use. But, the protruding sides really suck. I'm not sure why it's made that way...

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey guys, thanks for all your help. I actually decided to go with the Belkin Vue Case as it seemed to be the best protection but keeps the iPad's ports and stuff still very accessible.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The Apple Default case is great. It gets dirty really fast though. So I am waiting on the Otterskin's commuter case.
    iPad Commuter Series Case // OtterBox.com

But it doesn't have the outer cover like the default apple case, which makes carrying it around a bit tricky - since you will be gripping onto the screen directly.

Thanks
    I went to the Apple store cause I really didn't like the Apple one, I didn't like how it felt when I would open it cause of the odd shape it would make on the back so I went and purchased the Belkin case. I like it cause it just covers the back I got the see through black case, It feels great not bulky at all. I did invest in the screen protector since I don't have the front covered and it really fits crazy snug.

BTW it is a little more then $30 though.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dunlapface View Post
    A case that still lets me view the Apple logo on the back.
    Really?? I mean really?? Why not go with the crappy cases on eBay? I bought a cheap case from there, and was unable to find one that did not leave the apple logo exposed. Honestly, that's about as stupid as it gets. Why have only 92% of the back protected?

I'm currently looking for a screen protector that leaves a portion of the middle of the screen exposed...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

iPhone? More like MyPhone louee6's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Incase Carrying Pouch...
    Im just curious why everyone wants to have that apple logo showing!! I'm a cop here in Miami and people carrying those same apple cases revealing what you carrying in your hands are the ones being snatched by thieves!! Im just saying, why not have it concealed anyways when you go out!! I purchased in another topic an Incase Carrying Pouch, and it's actually worth every bit of $39!!! The handles on this pouch even tuck away if you feel like carrying just a sleeve!! Everybody have different taste, but im just thinking of the obvious, you be surprised how many people wanna get there hands on an iPad and if the oppurtunity is there, they gonna snatch it...
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Well...
    Call me stupid, but I can't understood someone spending $800.00+ on the iPad, and they want a crappy slim case?? Sure the slim cases look nice (even better on a iPhone) but they suck when it comes to protection. Sorry, but any day of the week I would rather keep my semi bulky case that easily protects my investment, I bought the Marware Eco - Vue and love it. And a huge + about the Marware case, it protects my screen when the case is closed as well.

Eco-Vue for iPad

Also make sure you get a decent screen protector... TRUST me it makes a huge differance and protects the screen from scratched etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    I'm currently looking for a screen protector that leaves a portion of the middle of the screen exposed...
    Holy Crap! Tou made my day with that comment, and made me piss myself with laughter.

Quote Originally Posted by louee6 View Post
    I'm a cop here in Miami and people carrying those same apple cases revealing what you carrying in your hands are the ones being snatched by thieves!!
    Exactly!! Having a case with a Apple Logo screams STEAL ME to a local thug. This was one factor in why I bought my Marware case. I know the Apple logo looks nice and people want to show it off, but use common sense.
    Last edited by gwilliams; 05-18-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Thanks

I just received my Vaja case today. Expensive but as always top notch.