+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I get the IPAD?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Im a huge apple fan and i have gotten every iphone the day it came out and im not about to graduate from high school and i want to know
    iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Should I get the IPAD?
    Im a huge apple fan and i have gotten every iphone the day it came out and im not about to graduate from high school and i want to know is a ipad worth it?

I would like to hear everyones opnions.

plain jane vanilla (post count restored to FULL AWESOMENESS) cpjr's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,461 Times in 1,264 Posts

Yes.

Thanks

for me. I got it the week it came out. it has been VERY WELL worth it, and it was much more than i thought i would be. this past month I have really not found a use for my laptop/PC when i had the iPad with me.

everything i did daily on my laptop, can be done on the ipad.

go for it

iPhone? More like MyPhone aaauustiinnn's Avatar
    Thanks

im a huge facebooker, does the full facebook site work well on it...like facebook chat and all that?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aaauustiinnn View Post
    im a huge facebooker, does the full facebook site work well on it...like facebook chat and all that?
    ohh i remember you ur that creepy person telling people to add u on facebook n stuff.

lol yea the full facebook works on safari. but not chat. you need an app for that IM+ works good for me

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

To bad you're graduating from High School and this just came out hunh... I got an iPad for my 6th grade daughter to do her school work on and she loves it. It's portable and convenient for a traveling student. Library, on the road, home or whatever. The only drawback is it doesn't have print capability at the moment. You have to either email and attachment you created on it, or use one of the App store utilities which aren't that good from what I've read in the reviews. Hopefully Apple will come out with a printer driver that will allow connection to a wireless network printer in the near future. Other than that it's awesome!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yes!!! I love mine!

Thanks

I was torn about getting one or not since I have both an iPhone and a MBP. The phone will always be with me and my wife has hijacked the MacBookPro. I have a PC, but hate being tied to sitting directly in front of it, so I got a 16GB WiFi. I LOVE IT!!!!! I love it so much that this weekend I will be upgrading it to a 32GB model (sucks though cause I have to pay a $49 restocking fee since I openned it). You will be very pleased that you got one, trust me!!
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

iPhone? More like MyPhone lostwhiteboyy's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got mine three days ago 64gb wifi model. And the only regret I have is not getting it the day it came out. I love it. I use it more than my laptop or my iPhone now. I use mywi on my iPhone to tether my iPad. And it works flawless. Amazing device I didn't think I would use it as much as I do but its great.
    Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll Die today!

Thanks

Now that it has been jailbroken, I regret not getting a 32GB or 64GB version

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    I was torn about getting one or not since I have both an iPhone and a MBP. The phone will always be with me and my wife has hijacked the MacBookPro. I have a PC, but hate being tied to sitting directly in front of it, so I got a 16GB WiFi. I LOVE IT!!!!! I love it so much that this weekend I will be upgrading it to a 32GB model (sucks though cause I have to pay a $49 restocking fee since I openned it). You will be very pleased that you got one, trust me!!

I know how you feel bro , 16gb is just not enough for the iPad , after adding a few good movies , songs , and apps , all of a sudden you're out of capacity !

I got the 64gb model all because of a best buy employee told me the 16gb wasn't going to be enough when I was at the checkout desk

iPhone? More like MyPhone FerrariCUBU's Avatar
    Thanks

I would certainly recommend getting one. It is great for everything aside from intense word processing. If you get the one with 3G you can use it just about anywhere. Despite what my friends say, it was definitely worth the money.

Thanks

Yes.
    I my MacBook is sitting on the desk crying from non-use.
    This thing is super convenient and redefines portability. I'm not at all in regret from this purchase.
    I had a 16gb wifi and upgraded to the 16gb 3G model. I love it.

Thanks

hey guys, ipad comes out later in the month here is the UK, and we can preorder on Monday.
    I want one, BUT, i have an iphone and a macbook, so I guess I dont really need one, Im thinking its going to be one of those things I know I'll get and I dont really need but after using it for a few weeks, I wont be able to live without it, like the iphone was, if you get me.

If Im in the house I'll use my Macbook for pretty much everything, emails, facebook, general browsing and doing uni work and research. I use my iphone everywhere else for emails and music and browsing, and if i cant be bothered getting on my mac i'll use my iphone for browsing too.

I know ipad will never replace my macbook, because of word processing and stuff, but is it worth it? I know il use it if im watching tv or when i wake up i can send emails and just browse and things like.

I know I'll get one, but would just like to know... does it get uncomfortable holding it for ages? can u type with your fingers on it or is it just thumbs like iphone? AND something which is really annoying about browsing while in bed, can you lock the screen to landscape? i hate the way the iphone screen flicks about!

thanks, Im new here but have been a reader for over a year and finally thought id join and drop my comments in! :P

Thanks

on a side note,

raptor, is that your girlfriend or you?

Like A Boss

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah man, just get one. You won't regret it. I know lots of people are saying that the 16gb model is too small, but keep in mind that the camera connection kit reads USB disks and SD cards, and its only a matter of time before we have a good software solution for external storage. That said, I'm running low on space and would probably go for the 32.

rezcky - there's a hardware switch to lock the screen orientation. It's where the mute switch would be on a phone. Also, I also have an iphone and a MacBook, and while I still use both occasionally, the iPad is now my go-to device. I basically just use my phone as a phone now (imagine that!) and I pretty much just use the macbook for coding, plus any extensive writing. The virtual keyboard is actually surprisingly useful once you get a little practice. All your touch typing muscle memory is still relevant. The iPad is just so much more comfortable to use than a full computer. I think one of the things I like best is that it's completely silent - no fan noise! Plus it's super responsive and easy to pick up and put down as needed.
    Last edited by WoozleWrangler; 05-07-2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Reply to rezcky

Thanks

well I have the 32gig iphone, so im not going to putting loads of music on my ipad, its mainly for internet use. but I'll probably get the 32gig.

thanks for the advice, shame about the lack of flash, that seems to be the most common gripe i've read but I'll get over that. deffo gona preorder on monday
    Last edited by rezcky; 05-07-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,138 Times in 888 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metaljay View Post
    on a side note,

raptor, is that your girlfriend or you?
    Can't think of her real name but it is the girl from That 70's Show. And several movies and voice of Meg on Family Guy. Name starts with an M.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Can't think of her real name but it is the girl from That 70's Show. And several movies and voice of Meg on Family Guy. Name starts with an M.
    ya man, my girlfriend is MILA KUNIS

iPhone? More like MyPhone mitchell209's Avatar
    Thanks

I would go for the iPad. I just got the 16 but I wish i had gone with the 32. Running out of space because of the amount of space apps take up.. My 700+ songs and some videos don't help much either.