Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Making SBSettings work better on iPad

Default Making SBSettings work better on iPad
    If you use iFile, SSH, iPhone browser,........ Go to User/ Library/ SBSettings then delete the png named respring. Then respring. This will get rid of the little black respringing box that pops up. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -33377819.jpg  

iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Thanks

Orrr you could update to the beta of sbsettings that is compatible with iPad
    Last edited by ltjbigshot; 05-04-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo
    Sent from my iPad

Yea, I think I read he updated it tonight. I don't have my iPad on me tonight to see.

Thanks

It works great! Even supports rotation!
    Sent from my iPad

is there a seperate repo for the beta? its not showing up in cydia for me.

I think it is just an update when you open cydia. Not home so haven't done it yet so not sure.

Thanks

Thebigboss.org/betarepo/
    Sent from my iPad

My original post applies to the beta SBSettings too

Thanks

the beta makes the image take up the full screen. so it does not need to be deleted. Buuut if you don't like the image, then yes that would be the thing to do
    Sent from my iPad

Just try it

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

would installing SBSettings cause the iPad to drain the battery faster? ... same with multiflow + backgrounder(with no apps running in the background)?
    Last edited by therockk; 05-04-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: said iPhone instead of iPad /// :)

No, SBSettings doesn't seem to have that problem

Thanks

What about backgrounder? i had 35% battery when i installed SBSettings and Backgrounder. Since then i only have been watching Youtube videos over WIFI, with 3G off. and its used 10% battery in under 45min. I have NO apps on in the background. all day i have been watching youtube and browsing the net NON stop! since 12PM. and i have had very good battery. I guess i will find out tomorrow for sure how much battery this new setup will be from a 100% battery charge

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

My battery has been draining faster also and i have backgroui under and sbsettings installed. I think it might be backgro under but i am not too sure. I do admit that i am constantly using the iPad even more after jail breaking it though. Hahahaha
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Thanks

I have been constantly using the iPad since i bought it! (April 4th)(April 30th). But like i said all day today was amazing, and when i installed both SBSettings, Backgrounder, it has been draining faster .. im not 100%. But im going to charge it now and when i wake up and use it tomorrow i will see the difference. If its a DRASTIC difference i will first uninstall SBSettings, if still dosnt help, then Backgrounder will go to .. Battery life is a BIG deal for me ... i'll wait until OS 4.0 comes out for multitasking.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    My battery has been draining faster also and i have backgroui under and sbsettings installed. I think it might be backgro under but i am not too sure. I do admit that i am constantly using the iPad even more after jail breaking it though. Hahahaha

I think that is backgrounder that is doing that right now. Because I got sbsetting beta installed after jailbreak and the battery is good as it was on day one.
    IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)

Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
    I think that is backgrounder that is doing that right now. Because I got sbsetting beta installed after jailbreak and the battery is good as it was on day one.
    Yep same here. When I installed backgrounder is when my battery problems started. No battery problems with just SBSettings

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    I have been constantly using the iPad since i bought it! (April 4th)(April 30th). But like i said all day today was amazing, and when i installed both SBSettings, Backgrounder, it has been draining faster .. im not 100%. But im going to charge it now and when i wake up and use it tomorrow i will see the difference. If its a DRASTIC difference i will first uninstall SBSettings, if still dosnt help, then Backgrounder will go to .. Battery life is a BIG deal for me ... i'll wait until OS 4.0 comes out for multitasking.
    When Apple releases their version of backgrounder in the 4.0 OS it will be optimized for less power consumption as stated in their last keynote. You can still watch the video BTW. So, if you see the current version of Backgrounder sucking the life force out of your iPad battery you might want to hold off on using it and just wait for Apple's version...

iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Thanks

I have both sbsettings and backgrounder on my iPad. My battery works just like day 1. Obviously if your running many apps in the background you are going to drain the battery quicker.