Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Making SBSettings work better on iPad

  1. #1
    Default Making SBSettings work better on iPad
    If you use iFile, SSH, iPhone browser,........ Go to User/ Library/ SBSettings then delete the png named respring. Then respring. This will get rid of the little black respringing box that pops up. Enjoy
    *
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -33377819.jpg  

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Orrr you could update to the beta of sbsettings that is compatible with iPad
    Last edited by ltjbigshot; 05-04-2010 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Typo
    Sent from my iPad

  3. #3
    Yea, I think I read he updated it tonight. I don't have my iPad on me tonight to see.

  4. #4
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    It works great! Even supports rotation!
    Sent from my iPad

  5. #5
    is there a seperate repo for the beta? its not showing up in cydia for me.

  6. #6
    I think it is just an update when you open cydia. Not home so haven't done it yet so not sure.

  7. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    Thebigboss.org/betarepo/
    Sent from my iPad

  8. #8
    My original post applies to the beta SBSettings too

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ltjbigshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    290
    Thanks
    55
    Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts

    the beta makes the image take up the full screen. so it does not need to be deleted. Buuut if you don't like the image, then yes that would be the thing to do
    Sent from my iPad

  10. #10
    Just try it

  11. #11
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    would installing SBSettings cause the iPad to drain the battery faster? ... same with multiflow + backgrounder(with no apps running in the background)?
    Last edited by therockk; 05-04-2010 at 11:49 PM. Reason: said iPhone instead of iPad /// :)

  12. #12
    No, SBSettings doesn't seem to have that problem

  13. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    What about backgrounder? i had 35% battery when i installed SBSettings and Backgrounder. Since then i only have been watching Youtube videos over WIFI, with 3G off. and its used 10% battery in under 45min. I have NO apps on in the background. all day i have been watching youtube and browsing the net NON stop! since 12PM. and i have had very good battery. I guess i will find out tomorrow for sure how much battery this new setup will be from a 100% battery charge

  14. #14
    iPhoneaholic
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    316
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts

    My battery has been draining faster also and i have backgroui under and sbsettings installed. I think it might be backgro under but i am not too sure. I do admit that i am constantly using the iPad even more after jail breaking it though. Hahahaha
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

  15. #15
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    I have been constantly using the iPad since i bought it! (April 4th)(April 30th). But like i said all day today was amazing, and when i installed both SBSettings, Backgrounder, it has been draining faster .. im not 100%. But im going to charge it now and when i wake up and use it tomorrow i will see the difference. If its a DRASTIC difference i will first uninstall SBSettings, if still dosnt help, then Backgrounder will go to .. Battery life is a BIG deal for me ... i'll wait until OS 4.0 comes out for multitasking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gom33 View Post
    My battery has been draining faster also and i have backgroui under and sbsettings installed. I think it might be backgro under but i am not too sure. I do admit that i am constantly using the iPad even more after jail breaking it though. Hahahaha

  16. #16
    I think that is backgrounder that is doing that right now. Because I got sbsetting beta installed after jailbreak and the battery is good as it was on day one.
    IPHONE 3G "DEV" (LETS HACK THIS IPHONE!)

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by grmiller View Post
    I think that is backgrounder that is doing that right now. Because I got sbsetting beta installed after jailbreak and the battery is good as it was on day one.
    Yep same here. When I installed backgrounder is when my battery problems started. No battery problems with just SBSettings

  18. #18
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    I have been constantly using the iPad since i bought it! (April 4th)(April 30th). But like i said all day today was amazing, and when i installed both SBSettings, Backgrounder, it has been draining faster .. im not 100%. But im going to charge it now and when i wake up and use it tomorrow i will see the difference. If its a DRASTIC difference i will first uninstall SBSettings, if still dosnt help, then Backgrounder will go to .. Battery life is a BIG deal for me ... i'll wait until OS 4.0 comes out for multitasking.
    When Apple releases their version of backgrounder in the 4.0 OS it will be optimized for less power consumption as stated in their last keynote. You can still watch the video BTW. So, if you see the current version of Backgrounder sucking the life force out of your iPad battery you might want to hold off on using it and just wait for Apple's version...

  19. #19
    iPhone? More like MyPhone sandstorm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Cranston, RI
    Posts
    208
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 33 Times in 17 Posts

    I have both sbsettings and backgrounder on my iPad. My battery works just like day 1. Obviously if your running many apps in the background you are going to drain the battery quicker.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •