+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No ebooks/ ibooks showing up

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hi Guys I just got my iPad. Now, I reformatted some ebooks to epub and i was abke to add them to my iTunes. Now, the only problem is that
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default No ebooks/ ibooks showing up
    Hi Guys

I just got my iPad. Now, I reformatted some ebooks to epub and i was abke to add them to my iTunes. Now, the only problem is that they're Not showing up on the iPad...
    I don't live in the States (switzerland) is that the reason why there's no ibooks (the shelf app-thingy) on my iPad (the iPad is Imported from the us, official Date here is at the end of may)...
    I thought that the Store wouldn't work, but it seems there's no ibooks app at all on my iPad...

Can Anyone tell me what the problem could be?

And if there's no Way for me to use the Apple Book Reader, is there a good alternative where i can add my own epub books?

(sorry for all the typos, stupid autocorrect isn't off yet)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just get a US iTunes account and download ibooks from there. There are plenty of places to google how to go about getting a US iTunes account.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Here is what i did, i live in Canada. Just one thing that the tutorials don't tell you. Once Apple emails you the confirmation email. Sometimes it take HOURS to get to your inbox. So DO NOT keep pressing RE-SEND confirmation email.

Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card

Here is another if the first doesn't work for you.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-...Credit-Card-N/

If you need help converting .PDF's to .EPUB then putting on the iPad, take a look the YouTube video that i made in regards to that. that is located here.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSDpPDzzMM]YouTube - [HOW TOf] ADD YOUR OWN PDF BOOKS TO IPADS IBOOKS[/ame]

Create an iTunes App Store account without a credit card
    Last edited by therockk; 05-05-2010 at 01:55 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to therockk For This Useful Post:

gorduxo (05-05-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thanks for the replies!
    I found a program to conbert to epub...

If i download it from the us store, doesnt that require to use the us account to be synced? I bought quite a lot with my swiss account and if i have to chose i'd rather stay with the swiss account...or can i download it from the us store and still sync it with the swiss account?

Edit:

Nevermind it worked, just had to authorize my computer... Indidn't know it was possible to sync with 2 different accounts... Does that work with everything or just the free stuff?
    (i remembered that i already had an us account ;-))
    Last edited by gorduxo; 05-05-2010 at 02:20 AM.