Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to make non-iPad specific apps, iPad Size Compatible

Quote Originally Posted by pcmartinez View Post
    Download iFile from cydia is more easy to work with also post some screen shot of info.plis to see what you did wrong.
    Check to see is you did everything right
    <key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <integer>2</integer>
    </array>
    Got it to work. iFile was straightforward.

I did it on the mobileme gallery app. And it looks pretty good.
    I noticed the touchscreen is limited to the upper left corner only

This could be teh reason why apple left this option out.
    I also tried it on opera mini and it looks awesome but the touchscreen is limited to a small portion of the screen.
    Anyway to make the apps react to the entire touch screen?

Default Cool hack
    Well I've got Facebook running full but when I try either SNES or N64 emulators they crash as soon as I try to open a rom. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by GenNove View Post
    I did it on the mobileme gallery app. And it looks pretty good.
    I noticed the touchscreen is limited to the upper left corner only

This could be teh reason why apple left this option out.
    I also tried it on opera mini and it looks awesome but the touchscreen is limited to a small portion of the screen.
    Anyway to make the apps react to the entire touch screen?
    Yes but it would take a lot of work. I did it on Apple's Remote app but it's an on-going thing to get all the features to work 100%.

Still, nice to be able to browse my desktop music library full screen and control my iTunes using the full sized screen.

iPhone? More like MyPhone brianmarocco's Avatar
    Thanks

would you be willing to upload the .plist for the remote app???

My iPhone is a Part of Me zinjen's Avatar
    Thanks

is it possible to make an iPad App compatible with the iPhone? For Example: The GoToMeeting application is only available via iPad but would love to use on the iphone?
    Don't forget to hit the thanks button if you liked what I said or did

Quote Originally Posted by Pared View Post
    Yes but it would take a lot of work. I did it on Apple's Remote app but it's an on-going thing to get all the features to work 100%.

Still, nice to be able to browse my desktop music library full screen and control my iTunes using the full sized screen.
    how'd you get the whole screen to react in remote.app? I'm only seeing the top left corner reacting to input, but the app will take up the whole screen.

You have to modify the interface builder files and put in the appropriate values.

Currently most of them are associated with a 320x480 resolution. Modify them based on a 768x1024 resolution.

It's quite a bit of work. I can't upload it because it's a copyrighted file. Don't need anyone after me.

It's a WIP but it's going along well. The sections (artist, album, search, etc.) disappear when altered but that's because I haven't been able to find the right value to change for them.

Zinjen,

It's certainly possible but may take an incredible amount of work since it also deals with video. I don't think anyone would want to attempt that one...

I have tried this on a few different apps and getting the limited touch screen problem as well. I wonder if there is any other lines of code we need to change, or maybe it's a bit more complicated then that???

Again, that's because they have an interface builder file specifying resolutions that coincide with the iPhone.

Change it to the numbers based on an iPad and you'll be fine. I wouldn't attempt it for games, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Pared View Post
    Again, that's because they have an interface builder file specifying resolutions that coincide with the iPhone.

Change it to the numbers based on an iPad and you'll be fine. I wouldn't attempt it for games, however.
    What is the file called. Where is it located?

I would guess it is different for each application. For Remote, one of the files you modify is MainWindow.nib.

Ok, So I modified every .nib file I found and I messed the app up(TextFree). I ended up with a white screen filling 3/4 of the screen in the top left. Maybe I went to far, should I only modify certain files?

It's an app by app thing. No way I can really explain it to you... each value is a placeholder and if you don't know the appropriate conversion of the value from the 320x480 res. you end up with what you just explained.

mobileme gallery heavily modified for the ipad. Working perfectly. Thank you KMMXRACER for the nib info.

Hi!

I just also wanted to make some of my iPhone apps look nicer on my iPad and as I have iFile on my iPad (which I use on my iPhone already for some time) I opened some iPhone apps info.plist, moved to the end of the file and added

<key>UIDeviceFamily</key>
    <array>
    <integer>1</integer>
    <integer>2</integer>
    </array>

After that I selected "Save" and "Done" without any error messages and did respring.
    However it didn't work, the iPhone apps appearance didn't change and now I found out, that iFile seems to unable on my iPad to edit/save the info.plist.
    I tried that now many times, also copied the file first to another location, made sure that access permissions are correct, but no luck, I can't change any info.plist with iFile.

What am I doing wrong, I don't think that this should be so hard?
    I just select the info.plist, select "Edit" (top left), add the lines needed, after that select "Save" and "Done" (top right). Everything correct?

I am using a fully registered to my name copy of iFile I purchased from Cydia and it is the latest version (1.2.1).

Thanks

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345