Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers

Default iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers
    I have bought an iPad 3G in US and did the cut on a Fido SIM card to fit on the iPad. The service comes up and shows that the iPad is not SIM locked but, the APN profile with FIDO does not allow service on iPad. People is reporting the same problem with Rogers.

When you configure the APN correctly and try to go to a website you are forwarded automatically to a Rogers portal with a 404 Error and you are kept inside the rogers portal.

Anyone got any clue of how they are keeping this wall garden and how to get around of it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I'm havin the same problem. I even used both rogers and fido ipcc files .... No luck!!! If u figure out a solution let me know .... And ill do the same if I come across something

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just curious, are you guys using a SIM that's meant to be used in a phone, or a SIM that's meant to be used in a mobile broadband (WWAN) modem (e.g. a MiFi device)?

A SIM that is meant to be used on a 3G USB Dongle however, after the failed attempt I contacted FIDO an asked to put an iPhone plan on it to see if it would solve my problem and didn't so I called them back to revert to the service I had before.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalman1369 View Post
    just curious, are you guys using a SIM that's meant to be used in a phone, or a SIM that's meant to be used in a mobile broadband (WWAN) modem (e.g. a MiFi device)?

Thanks

^^^ Same ... Called both fido and rogers ... they had no clue why only the rogers website works and everything else does not .....

Same here, I cut my iPhone sim card from Rogers. I noticed that pages start loading in safari and then get blocked.

Ipad 3g works fine on Bell network!

Thanks

I wonder why is works on bell ... I have a bell chip but i can't use that because its a business line (blackberry). What kind of data plan do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by marklu98 View Post
    Ipad 3g works fine on Bell network!

maybe it's that you have bad service where you are
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

therockk

Have you tried restoring the iPad and starting from the beginning? I'm about to try that as I think I messed too much with it's configuration. It should be simple.

Thanks

No service is good where i am

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    maybe it's that you have bad service where you are
    No i haunt tried that .... I have only played around with the apn settings ... But let me know what happens after u restore! If it works or not! I would reqlly prefer not to restore as i have my iPad setup exactly how i need and don't want to re-sync everything manually! Lmfao

Quote Originally Posted by frviana View Post
    therockk

Have you tried restoring the iPad and starting from the beginning? I'm about to try that as I think I messed too much with it's configuration. It should be simple.
    Last edited by therockk; 05-02-2010 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Very annoying thing happening during restore... when it finishes and you go setup as a new iPad, you select New iPad and when you click Continue it goes automatically to restore backup. I will try for the 3rd time now on another computer that never had the iPad plugged in... so annoying.

Thanks

Wow, that does sound annoying .... Ya let us know your progress! If anything im going to have to goto bell and get a data plan setup and a chip later on ..... I honestly don't mind though ... Bell has the best reception and customer service ....

Very annoying thing happening during restore... when it finishes and you go setup as a new iPad, you select New iPad and when you click Continue it goes automatically to restore backup. I will try for the 3rd time now on another computer that never had the iPad plugged in... so annoying.

Didn't work. I thought I had missed something at the beginning and as I had messed up with it so much adding IPCC, AT&T IPCC etc... I am glad I took the time to restore fresh and re-build with all those changes.

I can't go Bell, I have a USB 3G contract with Fido that I never use and I want to take advantage and switch to an iPad plan to it. I will probably wait until the end of the month and ask them to enable the iPad plan to the SIM I have or keep the eyes on the forums to see if someone else could make. Fido/Rogers sucks bad time on this.

try:

APN: fido-core-appl1.apn
    USER: (blank)
    PASS: (blank)

let us know if this works. I'm thinking about getting a 3G ipad from the states too.

Doesn't work. Just tried. The other APNs at least redirect me to another page but this one just says that there is no data connection.

Here is the photo of what it displays when on
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    USER: fido
    PASS: fido

Quote Originally Posted by yeungman View Post
    try:

let us know if this works. I'm thinking about getting a 3G ipad from the states too.

Doesn't work. Just tried. The other APNs at least redirect me to another page but this one just says that there is no data connection.

Here is the photo of what it displays when on
    APN: internet.fido.ca
    USER: fido
    PASS: fido
    hmm, so fido-core-appl1.apn didn't work. This is the APN that is coded into the fido iphone so I'm not sure why there's no data connection at all.

Thanks

I have a Rogers sim card in so i just replaced the fido with rogers. No luck. Then i just copied and pasted the fido one ... Same, no luck. This is becoming very frustrating. I mean boh my fido and Rogers sim cards when i put them in the iPhone they work no problem .... And seeing how the iphone and iPad Both have the same operating system i do not see why the internet is blocked! I mean it IS connected to the Internet but wick not go to anything other then the Rogers website :-S. Maybe Rogers and fido purposely have setup the system so that an iPad without a proper plan will not work? That's the only logical thing i can think of ....

Quote Originally Posted by yeungman View Post
    try:

Bump...

Screw it .... I just went and got a data plan with bell. 5GB for $65 a month. Its not great but it's good until rogers gets an unlimited plan. Or until their are better data plans available from. Bell. I really like their service.
    Last edited by therockk; 05-03-2010 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I can't believe that no one got yet the iPad running on Rogers or Fido.
    Anyone?

Thanks

I just finally gave up and went and got a BELL sim card and signed up for a monthly account. Right now on my fido and rogers accounts i got the 6GB / $30 data plan. The one i got from BELL today is 5GB $65. It's double the price and less data, but its the best plan any company is currently providing at the moment.

I can't believe that no one got yet the iPad running on Rogers or Fido.
    Anyone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast