+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Guys I can confirm that I have the iPad 3G working. I have a rogers rocket stick. I took the sim out of that and cut it. Left the plan
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Guys I can confirm that I have the iPad 3G working.

I have a rogers rocket stick. I took the sim out of that and cut it. Left the plan as is.

1. Turned wifi off just to be sure
    2. APN setting to: rogers-core-appl1.apn
    username: blank (nothing)
    password: blank

and then turned my iPad off and turned it back on.

Working!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I tired that too. Didn't work. But I had just their iphone plan. Maybe it dosnt work with iPhone plans ....

Quote Originally Posted by ssingh1234 View Post

I have a rogers rocket stick. I took the sim out of that and cut it. Left the plan as is.

Working!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Have the Rogers Flex data plan $45 per month for 1GB but as I use it upto a max of 5GB for $100. Its a ****** plan for my rocket stick (thru work) - would never pay for it on my own.

But I just tried 2 separate iPad 3Gs with the same method and I can confirm they are both working and pretty fast too.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ssingh1234 View Post

Working!
    Is your sim still working in the rocket stick after you cut it?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm going to buy a micro sim adapter to make that work. $10. I would think there wouldn't be an issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up Confirmed: iPad 3g on Canada's Virgin Mobile
    Purchased a $10 Virgin Mobile SIM card at Future Shop, activated with a friendly rep over the phone, and got a $30/500Mb no-contract data plan, cut the SIM to fit (youtube it, it's dead simple) and voilà!

iPad 3g in Canada!

françois
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers-img_0520.jpg   iPad 3G US version in Canada with Fido or Rogers-img_0518.jpg  

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Today I played very innocent and called Fido, explained all the situation and I got a nice guy that gone through the thing with me. He temporarily moved me to a Flex plan and still didn't work. He gone over the APN and nothing. He then contacted the technical team that told him to give me a phone from Apple to call.

I called Apple and they were super nice, I was transferred to the iPad department who registered my iPad and I told him that I had trimmed down the SIM card from Fido and what happened. I told him that on the forums people are saying that works on Bell and Virgin and some even on Rogers. He said that unfortunately he couldn't help me after going though the right APN settings. He told me to contact FIDO again and check if they had a micro sim.

End of story, even though customer service have very nice people willing to help they have no training on this and plans from Fido (tried 3 different plans) keep redirecting me to a portal. I have this damn SIM card with a DATA contract that is useless to me.

Anyone has been successful with the iPad on FIDO? If so, could you please share which plan you are on and what you have done?

Thank you

Got a solution. FIDO allows you to switch your contract to Rogers. I am switching it to the new Rogers iPad plan in a 1 year contract (thats what I have left with Fido) and they won't charge any penalty for breaking the contract when they confirm I have just open a new line with Rogers for the same period or long.
    Last edited by frviana; 05-10-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I bought a 3G iPad this weekend, trimmed my Fido SIM card and used fido-core-appl1.apn successfully.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I am using with BELL, But i got a Blackberry UNLIMITED DATA internet, BELL said it would not work at all with the iPad, but other people on different forums that if you use it with the Blackberry plan you will not get billed extra. So i popped it in and have been using it. So far i have not been billed anything extra. I have used total about 15GB so far ...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

What data plan do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by yeungman View Post
    I bought a 3G iPad this weekend, trimmed my Fido SIM card and used fido-core-appl1.apn successfully.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frviana View Post
    What data plan do you have?
    I'm using Fido's discontinued $50 unlimited data plan. Typing this message on my iPad right now via 3G connection.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12