+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bluetooth, iPad, SIP: let's have this conversation.

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
iPad 3G + Unlimited 3G $30/month + Fring + (Google Voice / Gizmo5) basically means unlimited internet and unlimited voice service over iPad for $30/month. There, I said it. And
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Bluetooth, iPad, SIP: let's have this conversation.
    iPad 3G + Unlimited 3G $30/month + Fring + (Google Voice / Gizmo5) basically means unlimited internet and unlimited voice service over iPad for $30/month. There, I said it. And while the microphone and built-in speaker for iPad work sufficiently for this route, lets face it: a bluetooth headset of sorts would be much better to get the whole thing up and running as it should be.

I have a Sony DR-BT100CX Bluetooth Wireless Stereo Headset that I'd like to pair with the iPad to use the Microphone and Call Answer button with in Fring. As of right now, I can pair it with the iPad for listening to music, but neither of the aforementioned functions work (along with skip forward/skip back functionality, but I can live with that for now).

Is there any chance, once the iPad is jailbroken in the coming days, that custom support can be added for bluetooth devices that aren't having their signals processed properly (i.e. aren't properly supported by Apple)? Perhaps remapping keys on the headset to perform different functions on the iPad? If this sort of thing could be done, it'd blow the device wide open.

EDIT: Read more about Bluetooth troubles with iPad here: http://www.macworld.com/article/1504...atibility.html
    Last edited by NessLookAlike; 05-01-2010 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks

Yeah but if you're calling another person on the opposite side Of the line don't that person also need fring? It'll be nice though if you talk to your wife or husband only but having to call your job or get apple support to call you back ,fring is not a choice for it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    Yeah but if you're calling another person on the opposite side Of the line don't that person also need fring? It'll be nice though if you talk to your wife or husband only but having to call your job or get apple support to call you back ,fring is not a choice for it
    No, the person with Fring (you) can dial out to regular telephone numbers just like a phone (Fring handles the GV-Gizmo5 set up beautifully), and any other person can dial your Google Voice number, have it bounced around with GV and Gizmo5 in the background, and have it ring you in Fring. It is exactly like having a phone. It is a phone. And its free to use and very simple to set up. Fring handles everything properly.

Like I said, the only problem with this is the lack of bluetooth headset compatibility.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NessLookAlike For This Useful Post:

mytran80 (05-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NessLookAlike View Post
    No, the person with Fring (you) can dial out to regular telephone numbers just like a phone (Fring handles the GV-Gizmo5 set up beautifully), and any other person can dial your Google Voice number, have it bounced around with GV and Gizmo5 in the background, and have it ring you in Fring. It is exactly like having a phone. It is a phone. And its free to use and very simple to set up. Fring handles everything properly.

Like I said, the only problem with this is the lack of bluetooth headset compatibility.
    You got thanked

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mytran80 For This Useful Post:

vtaran (05-01-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    You got thanked
    Now if I could just get that bluetooth support for my headset, I'd be good to go..