+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do you think you will be able to pick up a 3G in the store on Friday?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hope it don't sell out. Just sold my wifi version today to get my 3g. Was just wondering if i got a shot at getting one on friday
    Thanks
    Default Do you think you will be able to pick up a 3G in the store on Friday?
    Hope it don't sell out. Just sold my wifi version today to get my 3g. Was just wondering if i got a shot at getting one on friday
    Last edited by idigipunk; 04-27-2010 at 12:03 AM.

Thanks

I sure hope so! I'm fairly confident that I will be able to at least get a 64GB model.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The only shot you'll have is most likely Best Buy stores... but you never know. Good luck.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Their might be a line of people, So get their early and if you want it really bad camp out the night before Good luck though it is worth a try. If i had money i'd buy one yesterday I was at the apple store playing with an a iPad it was amazing I fell in love with it I plugged me head phones into it and right before I was gonna leave I pulled the iPad with me thinking it was mines and remembered wait its the stores :P
    "I want to change the world but they won't give me the source code"

"With Great Power , Comes Great responsibility" That is something we all need to remember

Thanks
    Now I hear the Apple stores will release the 3G at 5:00PM. What about Best Buy?

Thanks

Remains to be seen...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Sales Clerk at Best Buy said they will have them in stock tomorrow, but they are not allowed to sell them before 5:00pm. It will be first come first serve.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesX007 For This Useful Post:

idigipunk (04-29-2010)

Thanks
    Got it!! Just picked up my 3G at the Apple store, not to big of a line. About 25 people in line with me. Went with the 32GB this time instead of the 16GB I had with the wifi version.

Thanks

Typing this reply from my 64gb 3G

Thanks
    Nice!

Thanks

Soldmy 32gb wifi.
    Waited in line at best buy for over an hour as #7 in line .. 4pm rolls around they finally decide to let us know that they only have 5 in stock.
    I ran out the door. Rushed over to the one on the other side of town in rush hour traffic. Got there at 5:00.
    Didn't look good. The line was about 30 people. They only had 30 units. I waited anyways.
    They soon announced they ran out of 64gb and like half the people got upset and left.
    Woooohooooooo!!
    Needless to say I got me an iPad 3G 16gb.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by idigipunk View Post
    How much did you lose after selling your wifi? I notice some guy sold his 64gb wifi for $675 after 3 weeks of usage , assuming he lost around $75 to $100 , it's like renting an iPad for 3 weeks at blockbuster lol
    Apple got him by the balls , but I'm happy apple offered the wifi without 3G model , I didn't want to pay more and get stuck with more monthly payments ,so offering 2 models was a good move for both ends

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mytran80 View Post
    How much did you lose after selling your wifi? I notice some guy sold his 64gb wifi for $675 after 3 weeks of usage , assuming he lost around $75 to $100 , it's like renting an iPad for 3 weeks at blockbuster lol
    Apple got him by the balls , but I'm happy apple offered the wifi without 3G model , I didn't want to pay more and get stuck with more monthly payments ,so offering 2 models was a good move for both ends
    I sold my 16 GB wifi on ebay for $590. Yeah rented it for a few weeks and made a couple bucks on it too. Paid for my $40 apple case also. Worked out for me!

Thanks

I didnt lose a dime.
    I bought a 16GB wifi on April 3rd from Best Buy... was having the wifi issue so before my 14 day return policy expired, (April 17th)I took it back to Best Buy. I was just going to get my money back... but they talked me into an exchange for a 32GB wifi at an open box price... so I saved almost $80 off the retail.
    Now this model was also having the wifi issue... every now and again...
    so when April 30th rolled around I took the iPad back to Best Buy again... and got a full refund with no restock fee.
    And same day bought me a 16GB 3G iPad.

got home... this one still has the occational wifi issue.
    WTF... maybe it is the damn router like apples says... but none of my iPhones, nor any other wifi device in my house has the issue.

I guess we will have to see if a firmware update fixes it, or the dev team after jailbreak..

But lucky for me I didnt lose out at all on my return.

iPhone? More like MyPhone br8thw8's Avatar
    Thanks
    My local Apple store let me return mine with no restocking fee if I was going to buy a 3G. So I got to use an iPad WiFi for almost a month for free!