+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Returning iPad :(

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Returning my iPad today only bcuz I scratched the screen tho lol of course ima blame it on the battery lol or some other thing...but I can't stand a scratch
    Thanks

Default Returning iPad :(
    Returning my iPad today only bcuz I scratched the screen tho lol of course ima blame it on the battery lol or some other thing...but I can't stand a scratch on my screen...i don't know how the hell this happened but it did...woke up with a scratch...probably did something while I was sleeping lmao
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks
    I'm like that too... When that happened to my iPhone I broke the connector and said it was just not charging to get another one. No matter how hard I tried to ignor the scratch it became an eye sore to me! I feel your pain!

Blame it on the Wifi and they'll hand you another one, that is what I did and no questions asked they gave me another one!

Thanks

Wifi it is lol

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lexquiles View Post
    I'm like that too... When that happened to my iPhone I broke the connector and said it was just not charging to get another one. No matter how hard I tried to ignor the scratch it became an eye sore to me! I feel your pain!

Blame it on the Wifi and they'll hand you another one, that is what I did and no questions asked they gave me another one!
    Did the new one have the same WIFI issues? My WIFI signal strength is all over the place when I'm sitting in the same spot.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Did the new one have the same WIFI issues? My WIFI signal strength is all over the place when I'm sitting in the same spot.
    That is what mine was doing, no matter which wifi connect I was on... It was a big pain.

When I replaced the iPad, I don't seem to have the same issues. I have noticed a difference not only in the connection coming and going, but the distance I was able to use my iPad before and how well the new one works now.

My father loves the iPad so much, he asked to borrow mine. He left Saturday for New York and will be there a week. He told me that he was able to use the Wifi at the airport with no issues even running netflix which i found to be great! He has also updated me that at the hotel the wifi worked along with family member's houses he has been at connected with their wifi.

So far so good! I can say without a doubt that the problem I was experencing before with the wifi connection had nothing to do with my "wireless routers" but rather the iPad itself. Hope this helps

Thanks

Well they didn't buy it lol. ,they said that they have to replicate the issue lol

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    Well they didn't buy it lol. ,they said that they have to replicate the issue lol
    Damn that sucks

You should try Apple support going through Apple support. I know they are replacing these iPads for wifi issues. Just yes them to death on the phone and say you restored like 2 times, used multipule routers, blah blah blah...

Thanks

Yea ima do that tomorrow

Thanks

I hate scratches
    Keithsta

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I am that way too, mainly with dust that gets under my iPhone screen. But Apple takes them back with no problems. Did you get angry at t in your sleep and wanted revenge?

I didn't have wifi issues with my iPad till I got a new router. Last weekend my router I had just died in the middle of the night. Not sure what happened but it completely died. Bought a newer version of the same router and now my iPad will randomly give the "Connecting" blue message and the wifi signal will be gone.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I could never let that happen to my iPad I love it so much and I haven't had any problem with it at all....I bought it the day the other guy got his hand ripped off because of the iPad thief and while I was walking out of best buy I was holding it to my chest with my fake tazer app open on my iPhone in my hand.... READY to get some action!!!!! I couldn't stand someone touching my ipad I don't know what I would do if it got scratched

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Do you really think that is it a valid reason for returning the device.
    mod/edit no signature spam

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

No, but like many others we want our devices in perfection.

I have returned 2 iPhones because of dust under the screen, yes 1 peice under the screen. Apple takes it back no problem. The second time they just cleaned it and gave it back. They acknowledge it as a QA issue.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muqtada123 View Post
    Do you really think that is it a valid reason for returning the device.
    Lol, I was thinking the same. This is why when you purchase your i[insert name], it MUST have a screen protector on it IMMEDIATELY. Well, that's my motto. Any iPhone, and when I get my iPad next friday (going to pray that I get one at the Apple store), I will be purchasing screen protection with it. I know that it is hard to justify spending more than $3 on a piece of sticky plastic, but it is worth it in the long run.
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    Except apple pulled all screen protectors from their store.
    Best Buy's got them!

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's why I love my Zagg for mine!Talk about protection!! Goodluck!!

Thanks
    Did you find a way to get your iPad replaced yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thisisasticup View Post
    true. But you could make the argument saying apple didnt provide them at their store. haha
    Lol, so litigious! At the end of the day, it is your responsibility, not Apples. If you honestly think that because they do not offer screen protectors in store, that you should be able to get a replacement; then perhaps I should get a new TV, because they didn't offer screen protection for it at the store.

And actually, on second thought, I realize that they sell cases in the store that come with screen protectors...

Isn't this wrong? I could understand if the screen scratches easily, but this doesn't appear to be the case. Making Apple pay for your negligence isn't right...
    And it will be like a taco inside a taco within a Taco Bell that's inside a KFC that's within a mall that's inside your dream! Springboard screwy after reboot? Here is the fix

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Imahottguy View Post
    Making Apple pay for your negligence isn't right...

I agree to disagree!