Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad misbehaving

Default iPad misbehaving
    Hello to all!
    I'm really enjoying my ipad but there are a couple of things that aren't working as expected.
    The first thing is auto correction.
    I was expecting a similar experience to the iphone with common spelling mistakes to be auto corrected. And other neat features like the letter I to be automatically capitalized. Instead it doesn't show any suggestions at all. It seems like there's not dictionary in it.
    So if I mistype a word the next time I'll mistype it or type something close to that it'll bring up the misspelled word as the suggestion. Is there some kind of dictionary I need to enable?

The other issue I'm having is with the video app. Recently I rented a movie from the itunes store which I haven't had the time to watch yet. But since there's a 30 day limit I wasn't stressing too much about it. Yesterday I started downloading some video podcasts through the ipad itunes store and to my amazement they showed up on the video app in a new tab but the Rentals tab was gone!! I was infuriated but I went to sleep having in mind to write a very angry letter to apple. This morning I opened up the video app and the rental was there but now the video podcasts tab is gone!!!
    What exactly is going on here???

There's also one other problem.
    Search in tunes is extremely slow. We are taking about 2-3 seconds to find any results.
    The strange thing is that searching on spotlight gives instantaneous results!! Anyone else notice this.
    My music library is about 30GB but it seems this is irrelevant since spotlight brings up the results immediately.

Anyone else having these issues?

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Auto correction works exactly like the iphone for me. Maybe you turned it off in settings?

restore? That can fix just about any problem.

Twitter: @tshoults

Auto correction is on.
    You guys mean that ipad was auto-correcting on the get go for you?

Looking through the internet for an answer I stumbled on this article which pretty much explains exactly what is happening to me
    and I'm really wondering why you're not noticing the same behaviour,

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3640/a...dtech-review/9

and I also found this

[ame]http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=893325[/ame]

At least I know this is not a individual problem but I really wonder why they changed so drastically the auto correction.
    If it isn't broken don't fix it.
    Last edited by phobos; 04-16-2010 at 09:06 AM.