Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for ipad

Default Jailbreak for ipad
    I jailbroke my iphone a couple years ago, but I thought it slowed it down a bit and reinstalled the regular OS. I'm looking forward to buying an ipad, but I'm curious to see what might you be able to do when jailbreak is available, granted it's not out yet.

Anyone hear any rumors?

I'd like to convert it to function more like a computer.

Thanks

As of now the only good things will be back rounder themes and emulators.
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

How us someone able to run emulators? I thought there wasn't a full jailbreak released?

Thanks

I mean when it is released and there are some videos of someone running an emulator on an iPad
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

I would love to run an emulator on the iPad. I am really waiting to see what type of battery change the jailbreak will have. I know it isn't the actual Jailbreaking that causes the battery to die quicker, however to emulate Snow Lepoard would be really cool.

Gettting back to the actual topic, I don't think there will be a release of the jailbreak until the 3g model is release. I agree with them holding off until this happens so Apple will not be able to make a change before the either leave the warehousing or make an update durring the production. I for one have a 3g on order and can't wait for the Jailbreak to be released!!!

I've seen a few topics elsewhere... Is it possible to run Snow Leopard on this ipad?

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmage View Post
    I've seen a few topics elsewhere... Is it possible to run Snow Leopard on this ipad?
    No. It would take a ton of coding to configure using your hands instead of a mouse. Also, Im not sure if the internals could handle OSX...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

way off topic but if the damn iPad (that i love) can run netflix app, cant they just port the damn thing over to apple TV, sheesh
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

When you say "function more like a computer" what /exactly/ do you have in mind. I've posed this question several times on this forum and all I seem to get is a general negative response such as "well I just want the choice to run what I want". This doesn't answer my question at all. I'm genuinely looking for a concrete and specific answer. What can't the iPad do with an app that a full OS would allow? As stated above you are still restricted by existing hardware which means given a full OS.. it wouldn't run on 1Ghz and 256MB RAM. BUUUUT.. for arguments sake lets ignore that fact.