Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wi-Fi Working Routers

Default Wi-Fi Working Routers
    We all know people have been talking about wi-fi problems with the iPad, but no one is doing any experimentation to figure out why. Apple said it's a problem with bands and network names so I'm starting this thread so that we can start listing confirmed working routers and iPad types. Please post in the following format:

Router:
    -Brand: (I.e. Linksys)
    -Model #: (I.e. WRTG45GS)
    -Types: (I.e. a/b/g)
    -Bands: (I.e. Single)

iPad:
    -Type: (I.e. Wi-fi)
    -Size: (I.e. 16Gb

Um. I have a verizon fios router and it's blazing fast.

Works amazing

time capsule dual band (a/b/g/n)

ipad 64gb

Router:
    -Brand: D-Link Xtreme N
    -Model #: DIR-655
    -Types: B, G, N
    -Bands: Dual

iPad:
    -Type: WiFi
    -Size: 32GB

I found the problem not being with the routers honestly. I run the IT department for my company. We have 3 different wireless routers all through our buildings. Netgear, Linksys, and a Belkin...

At home I run two wireless, one through AT&T which is a Gatway wireless router, and a the same Linksys you have stated above.

My iPad was having problems with each one of these with the connection loss. On Saturday I went to Apple and they exchanged my 16g wifi model with another one. After the change I went home tried it on the different wireless routers, and today trying it on my multipule ones at work... EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT.

What I have found is that I don't see the problem being with the routers, I would have it exchanged and try a newer one.

Quote Originally Posted by lexquiles View Post
    I found the problem not being with the routers honestly. I run the IT department for my company. We have 3 different wireless routers all through our buildings. Netgear, Linksys, and a Belkin...

At home I run two wireless, one through AT&T which is a Gatway wireless router, and a the same Linksys you have stated above.

My iPad was having problems with each one of these with the connection loss. On Saturday I went to Apple and they exchanged my 16g wifi model with another one. After the change I went home tried it on the different wireless routers, and today trying it on my multipule ones at work... EVERYTHING WORKS GREAT.

What I have found is that I don't see the problem being with the routers, I would have it exchanged and try a newer one.
    Ok, good, we're making progress. There has been a rumor about an entire shipment of ipads being "Tainted" (Having wi-fi torubles)

+1 on the DIR-655, works great!

Quote Originally Posted by br8thw8 View Post

Router:
    -Brand: D-Link Xtreme N
    -Model #: DIR-655
    -Types: B, G, N
    -Bands: Dual

iPad:
    -Type: WiFi
    -Size: 32GB

Linksys WRT54GS with Comcast here and I'm having issues maybe once a day.

We have a 16 and a 32gb in the house and the 16 drops quite a bit.

I've changed some router settings and it seemed to help... (Crosses fingers)

Not really wanting to go back to the apple store 45minutes away to exchange it.
    Hit Thanks!

My net gear does
    Keithsta

Router
    Brand: Linksys
    Model: WRTU54G-TM
    Firmware: v1.00.21
    Mode: b/g (Mixed)
    Bands: Single
    Encryption: WEP 128bit
    Channel: 6

iPad
    -Type: WiFi + 3G
    -Size: 16GB

I did not get data plan using it solely with WiFi, 3G I'll activate when I travel. When I'm browsing for a while, screen hasn't locked yet WiFi drops. I notice WiFi disconnects almost everytime screen is locked and unlocked when left for a period of time.

I've never had WiFi issues before in the past with any device. iPhone 3G & 3GS works great.

I set my wireless to G only and changed channel from 6 to 11 there's no auto setting. I also removed the SIM card, I'll report back later to see if that helps with my WiFi constantly getting disconnected.

----------------
    UPDATE #1: 5/2/2010 5:21PM

Got off the phone with Apple they suggested I change from WEP to WPA and set my channel to 11 if not bring it in to an Apple Store.

----------------
    UPDATE #2: 5/2/2010 8:16PM

Changing to WPA and channel 11 connection still drops, I'll take it to work tomorrow and try it on my work Verizon Wireless router if not I have an appointment at the Apple Store on Tuesday.
    Last edited by dv8ed; 05-02-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayman11 View Post
    +1 on the DIR-655, works great!
    Disagree. I had to kill my N band in order to get a full signal on my iPad. Also, I still have disconnect problems.