+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: YouTube slow on iPad ?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Hey I was wondering if anyone have a complaint about YouTube on the iPad? Everything is great except for YouTube! It takes at least 1-2 hour for me to load
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default YouTube slow on iPad ?
    Hey I was wondering if anyone have a complaint about YouTube on the iPad? Everything is great except for YouTube! It takes at least 1-2 hour for me to load a 4 minute YouTube video halfway . I want to watch YouTube videos but it just takes too long. I could watch a entire movie and the YouTube video isn't finish loading

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Wow to even now it goes that far in that amount of time is patience. Mine loads very quickly. Maybe a router issue?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yeah my laptop broke so in mean time im using my iPad as a Internet device but YouTube is slow. I'm waiting until I can fix my laptop or purchase a MacBook. Hmmmm May I ask what kind router you use? I mightngo router shopping tomorrow and see if that is the problem.

My laptop is super fast on my router so I don't see why my iPad YouTube isn't
    Last edited by jnguyennikka; 04-08-2010 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

I have a Netgear "N". Not sure on the actual model cause I never paid attention. How fast is the web browsing on it?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Web browsing on my iPad is pretty quick. Loads up extremely fast. Only thing I have problem with slow loading is youtube

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Mine loads almost instantly .. Most likely a router issue i think ... just reset you router. Usually a button on the back of the router, you have to use a pin. press and hold for 30 seconds. Try that ...

Quote Originally Posted by jnguyennikka View Post
    Hey I was wondering if anyone have a complaint about YouTube on the iPad? Everything is great except for YouTube! It takes at least 1-2 hour for me to load a 4 minute YouTube video halfway . I want to watch YouTube videos but it just takes too long. I could watch a entire movie and the YouTube video isn't finish loading

Green Apple
    Thanks

I tried all that already and my YouTube takes forever. I have to pause it and go do something for a few hour and it still takes for ever to load a 4 minute video. I guess I really have to buy a new router. Mine is probably getting too old since I bought it in 2008

I will record a video of me using YouTube on my iPad and post it later
    Last edited by jnguyennikka; 04-10-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I tried all that already and my YouTube takes forever. I have to pause it and go do something for a few hour and it still takes for ever to load a 4 minute video. I guess I really have to buy a new router. Mine is probably getting too old since I bought it in 2008

I will record a video of me using YouTube on my iPad and post it later
    Yes! I too am having YouTube issues. When I run speediest, I'm getting 11mb download so I know that my connection is not the problem. Netflix and the Abc apps work well. My router is a three year old dlink dgl-4300. I too have been thinking of buying a new router, however, I'd be really pissed to go and get a new on and have it solve nothing. It's got gigabit Ethernet, though it is lacking wireless n, I feel that it is more that sufficient.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unknown_soldier View Post
    Yes! I too am having YouTube issues. When I run speediest, I'm getting 11mb download so I know that my connection is not the problem. Netflix and the Abc apps work well. My router is a three year old dlink dgl-4300. I too have been thinking of buying a new router, however, I'd be really pissed to go and get a new on and have it solve nothing. It's got gigabit Ethernet, though it is lacking wireless n, I feel that it is more that sufficient.
    Exactly my problem lol. I don't want to buy a new router and it solves nothing lol.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Exactly my problem lol. I don't want to buy a new router and it solves nothing lol.
    What kind of router do you have? Maybe we can figure out this issue. I wonder if it is common on certain routers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have a linksys wrt150n. How about you? I flashed it to a custom firmware last night which sped up my browsing on my ipad by alot but YouTube still sucks. I'm going to walmart tonight to but a linksys wrt320n

Green Apple
    Thanks

Updated:

I have restarted my old router and updated the firmware but my youtube was still slow. I bought a new router and I'm still having problems with my youtube! it is still very slow so the video always pause cause it has to load. I uploaded a quick video of it with my iphone to show you guys what it is doing. I don't know what it is considering I bought a new router too!

[ame=http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Shookupitzjoseph/?action=view&current=IMG_0461.flv][/ame]

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is youtube fast on your iPhone with the same wifi connection?

Thanks

I'm not having issues
    Keithsta

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have a d-link dgl-4300. My YouTube streaming issue is hit and miss. Sometimes it works fine. Other times it completely sucks. Also, I get disconnected from my network randomly throughout the day. It reconnects quickly but I don't think it should be doing that. I tried changing my security settings from using wpa to just using Mac filtering and it hasn't helped. So I'm confident that my router is not the problem.

Banned
    Thanks

Thanks a lot.So useful information)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have no clue! I will check back tonight with YouTube on my iPhone and see. It's been awhile since I used my iPhone YouTube when I'm at home cause I just use my laptop

Thanks

your router sucks bullocks lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

hahaha I changed router though man! I bought a new one and it is still slow. I don't know if it is just the ipad itself.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

YouTube is very slow for me as well. I am also having the wifi drop every so often too. I have already went to Apple once and they swapped it out. Getting to be very annoying. Any suggestions my modmyi friends?