Results 1 to 19 of 19

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: [how to] add your own pdf books to ipads ibooks

  1. #1
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Default [how to] add your own pdf books to ipads ibooks
    Hey Guys, i made a YouTube Tutorial on how to add your own PDF files to iPad and how to use them through the iBooks App. Watch it in 720 HD!!!! Comment, Rate it if you like it! thanks ....

    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dSDpPDzzMM]YouTube - [HOW TOf] ADD YOUR OWN PDF BOOKS TO IPADS IBOOKS[/ame]

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to therockk For This Useful Post:

    iggychins (04-08-2010)

  3. #2
    great tutorial. Just converted 5 pdf ebooks into iBooks. So cool!

  4. #3
    Can't see it on corp internet but will look when I get home. I used a conversion tool already to make my PDFs into epubs. I used this calibre - E-book management . Worked great for me and it is free so not to bad. Since I won't be home for many more hours, lol, what program is used in the youtube vid?

  5. #4

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Since I won't be home for many more hours, lol, what program is used in the youtube vid?

    lol Caliber

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to happypappy For This Useful Post:

    Cer0 (04-08-2010)

  8. #6
    Ok, lol thanks. Can't see it at work cause of corp internet blocks. It is a great program. Had to manually input some ISBN because it did not recognize the authors and titles.

  9. #7
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    I used the same program . Full tutorial even on how to add the book cover so it looks like a purchased iBooks :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by cerote View Post
    Can't see it on corp internet but will look when I get home. I used a conversion tool already to make my PDFs into epubs. I used this calibre - E-book management . Worked great for me and it is free so not to bad. Since I won't be home for many more hours, lol, what program is used in the youtube vid?
    Thank you! im glad you liked it, and it helped out. This is the first tutorial i have ever done lol ...

    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
    great tutorial. Just converted 5 pdf ebooks into iBooks. So cool!
    Last edited by therockk; 04-08-2010 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  10. #8
    been using calibre but just one issue i cant seem to get figured out....

    books are easy and work great.

    magazines though the text is way too small to read on the ipad. while in ibooks the option to increase the font size doesnt work -- as the pages i am assuming are images and not text????

    Is there any way of increasing this size during conversion so that they are readable?

    tia.

  11. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Ontario
    Posts
    216
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by crunchaweezy View Post
    I dont' like Calibre for iBooks conversion, because you're still gonna get the nice iBooks book theme, not good for magazines.
    All my magazines turned out fine .....

    Quote Originally Posted by dannyben View Post
    been using calibre but just one issue i cant seem to get figured out....

    books are easy and work great.

    magazines though the text is way too small to read on the ipad. while in ibooks the option to increase the font size doesnt work -- as the pages i am assuming are images and not text????

    Is there any way of increasing this size during conversion so that they are readable?

    tia.
    Last edited by therockk; 04-11-2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #10
    there is alot of free online converters to epub format

    just google it
    Last edited by iphone8130hak; 04-11-2010 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Keithsta

  13. #11

  14. #12
    funny that i posted this before the iPad came out....but hey ,
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  15. #13
    Did a handful of books last night, super easy and clean result, thanks for sharing!


    I was shocked to learn how many books are available *******
    Last edited by z3r01; 04-12-2010 at 09:20 AM.

  16. #14
    easy with the pirate talk
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  17. #15
    All my magazines turned out fine .....


    I found that all the magazines i have in PDF's are scanned, so that the text in them are actually pictures and NOT text. So when calibre converts (or any of the epub conversion tools) the resulting image does NOT fill up the screen -- making the text within them too small to read, Obviously trying to change the font or text size in iBooks doesn't do a thing because it is not text, and there is no zooming feature.

    I sprung the $0.99 and purchased GoodReader. Does a great job reading the pdfs, but would have been great to keep all books/magazines under one program.

  18. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyben View Post
    I found that all the magazines i have in PDF's are scanned, so that the text in them are actually pictures and NOT text. So when calibre converts (or any of the epub conversion tools) the resulting image does NOT fill up the screen -- making the text within them too small to read, Obviously trying to change the font or text size in iBooks doesn't do a thing because it is not text, and there is no zooming feature.

    I sprung the $0.99 and purchased GoodReader. Does a great job reading the pdfs, but would have been great to keep all books/magazines under one program.
    thats what i did, some of the conversions dont come out well so , goodreader did it for me
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  19. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    easy with the pirate talk
    Aye me lilly livered land lover!

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Aye me lilly livered land lover!
    lmao
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

    ClerkDante (04-12-2010)

  22. #19
    Loaded up over a hundred books over the weekend. Honestly my iPad felt sluggish, delays trying to draw all the covers.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •