Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The IPad hype

Default The IPad hype
    personally i don't find anything about the IPad interesting in my eyes its just an Ipod touch (with or without 3g) stretched out, honestly i just find it as not as good as a pc/mac.

theres so much hype about this ipad please tell me whats so different about the ipad because i think its a waste of money to buy

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Then by the same reasoning no one should EVER buy a monitor bigger than.. hmm... 3.5"? Since you obviously think the iPod Touch real estate is adequate for every singe program and task in existence... correct?

u and many others share the same "its a big iPod touch" thing make me sick to my stomach lol (j/K) but yea, listen..when a product comes out with success, the only thing is improve that product for more success...apple has tested its audience with iPhones and its touch screen/ease of use/reliability with perfect results...they took that same platform and made it bigger for better possibilities..example:

cue.play.dj

simple app for the iphone..dj, mix tracks etc...great app..now take that same app and give it more screen luxury and u get

mixr for iPad

more features and visuals...

another one is docs to go

great app for documents on an iphone...now take that same concept and make it better and u get

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUO_w_rf0E]YouTube - Apple iPad Guided Tour - Pages[/ame]

so yes while it is a "big iPod" , well...the iPod has great potential and this will have better
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-31-2010 at 08:09 AM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

What's ironic is every year when the iPhone and iPod touch get upgraded there's a massive group of people that want them to come out with a larger version!! This is the audience they are catering to along with all those people who bought eReaders. The camera adapter to USB could prove to be the missing link. On a jailbroken iPad I bet it would be possible to make this a functional USB I/O port. You could have a redsn0w app to jailbreak other devices! Now that would make this thing replace my laptop in a heartbeat. As it stands right now it's a great supplement.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

z3r01 (03-31-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    Then by the same reasoning no one should EVER buy a monitor bigger than.. hmm... 3.5"? Since you obviously think the iPod Touch real estate is adequate for every singe program and task in existence... correct?
    i didnt say that i just said it just looks like a bigger stretched version of it and the layout is the same, i just find it really pointless to be honest, i also didnt like the idea of an ipod touch either because theres an iphone but hey we're all entitled on our own opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What's ironic is every year when the iPhone and iPod touch get upgraded there's a massive group of people that want them to come out with a larger version!! This is the audience they are catering to along with all those people who bought eReaders. The camera adapter to USB could prove to be the missing link. On a jailbroken iPad I bet it would be possible to make this a functional USB I/O port. You could have a redsn0w app to jailbreak other devices! Now that would make this thing replace my laptop in a heartbeat. As it stands right now it's a great supplement.
    now that be great! what i was thinking tho is use that camera adapter to connect a camera or even the iphone and use its camera for video chat or whatever..as for the keyboard attachment thing, im not getting that bcuz i already have the apple bluetooth keyboard that i will use with that

so thats how apple are getting more and more money.. by buying an IPad then buying a bluetooth keyboard and then an external camera adapter when you can get all of that in an macbook pro, see where im coming from? i'm really not finding this ipad
    and whats this all about ' iPad Owners Must Pay for OS Updates, May Not Get All Features paying for updates...... not nice

ok...i have a mac book pro.....and im still getting that....plus people pay for updates on the iPod...so...

exactly... so why do you need to buy an external camera for ipad when you have one for macbook pro?
    to me some people are just buying it because its new and different
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 08:43 AM.

Thanks

I honestly don't want to carry around a MBP ranging in weight from 5 to 7 lbs depending on the model when I can slip an iPad (0.68 lbs) with just as much functionality and double the battery life into my notebook. I've been waiting for a product like this for a long time. Speed of this thing blows any netbook out of the water b/c every app is optimized to work on an iPhone OS rather than a bogged full version of Windows.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

ClerkDante (03-31-2010), z3r01 (03-31-2010)

ok, so im on a busy train in manhattan...want to video chat or import pics from my camera...hmmm..wipe out the macbook pro , wait for bootup, start iphoto and import? or take out ipad thats lighter, connect camera and sync....which is faster for my convenience ?
    which would you buy?

or

both the same products right? wrong! captain crunch tastes better!
    both from quaker but captain is sweetened
    just because its a blown up ipod doesnt mean its not better...bigger is always better , sheesh crunch-a-tize me captn!!

and yes i have the big mask on the back from the king vitamin cereal!
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-31-2010 at 08:57 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

ClerkDante (03-31-2010), Poseidon79 (03-31-2010)

5-7 pounds ouch thats so heavy..... lol
    14 hours battery life on ipad thats impressive :P
    you still have to boot up an ipad and mind you my macbook pro boot up is pretty fast lol(unless theyre both on standby then they'll boot up prob around the same time anyway
    im still not convinced about this IPad (busy train to Manhattan dont forget there are thiefs you know and if you talk about they weight of it it would be easier to steal an ipad because they are lighter and easier to run away with lol)

so with the lightness of the ipad and the double amount of battery power is it worth $500 - $830 when youve allready got a mac?

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    just because its a blown up ipod doesnt mean its not better...bigger is always better
    so why dont you stick with your widescreen iMac Os X 10.5.6 and macbook Pro unibody snow leopard
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok but as a thief i can flip a mac book pro for more money...and yes its not heavy...5-7 pounds..right? but when u have other stuff like, the laptop bag, oh wait, i have to lug this thing around too
    and a mouse of course, wait what else am i forgetting? wait a minute here nicely packeged for mobile convenience :

..charger fits in my pocket..dont have to open up a huge bag in a crowded situation aahhhhh
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-31-2010 at 09:05 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to z3r01 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-31-2010)

Thanks

Absolutely! As for the weight...it doesn't seem like much as face value but lug around a 17" MBP + accessories all day in a breif case or laptop bag. It's a huge chore whereas a 0.68lb iPad that can go in a large day planner is hands down the way to go! The iPad has a MONTH of standby time if you didn't catch that in the keynote speech so there's never any booting up involved. It has 10 hours of continuous video playback which is the most CPU intensive task possible so I can see this thing lasting a week or more under "normal" use.

Edit: z3r01 and I almost write the exact same thing every time.. this is great!

Quote Originally Posted by cookbenj View Post
    so why dont you stick with your widescreen iMac Os X 10.5.6 and macbook Pro unibody snow leopard
    is this portable?

didnt think so.....and my macbook pro is very portable but if i could leave it at home i would (starting saterday i will )

Thanks

Of course it's portable?! You mean you don't carry around your 27" iMac like I do?... PSH... typical.

i dont use a mouse, i have a bag which fits all my stuff in and it still doesnt feel heavy and then i can put my iphone in my pocket,
    hmmm lets put the ipad down on my lap so i can type oh heres my blue tooth keyboard i'll just put that under my chin and then heres my camera for the ipad (i hope my ipad doesnt slip off whils im typing)
    even if you dont use the keyboard the touch screen will take up a 1/3 of the ipads screen and also you cant hold your ipad whilst you type so you'll have to look vertically over the ipad and type then which can cause neck injury or you could just use your mac and lean back and type easily

Battery life. Apple says ten hours. Softpedia says, “Not likely” and, “Would you like to put your money where your mouth is?” That’s how sure we are the iPad will not live up to its name, from a battery life standpoint, just like the iPhone. Your regular iPhone user - who browses the web, downloads an app or two, sends emails and listens to music on their iPhone, every day - will tell you that he or she needs to recharge that baby once every 24 hours. Apple claims up to seven hours of video playback on the iPhone 3G, and ten hours on the 3GS. These figures don’t reflect our experience with any of the iPhones we’ve employed. Sure enough, graphics-intensive apps - like racing games, for instance - will drain the iPad’s lithium-polymer battery before you can even reach for the charger. Of course, this is one take on the matter, based on experience with other Apple portables. We truly hope we’re wrong here. On the other hand, the device really belongs in a bag, or on a tabletop, so it’s bound to either have a plug nearby, or always be close to its charger.
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

neck injuries? sheesh what angles are u thinking about lol, listen even if u dont use a bluetooth keyboard and just the on screen...by looking at the video i posted on the first page, did u see the guy have an inconvenience typing? even when he flipped the screen? any neck injuries there? nope...no chin keyboards there buddy...now if u can knock 5-7 pounds off ur bag with a device that can be optimized to do the same thing ur laptop does , will u do it? or still say i want my laptop? and with that note, i will be back in 15 minutes, gonna run and get me a turkey sandwich at the store
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-31-2010 at 09:17 AM.

capacity:
    Macbook pro = 160-500gb
    Ipad = 16-64gb
    Processor:
    Macbook pro =2.26-2.8Ghz
    Ipad = 1Ghz

will i waste $500 - $830 just to knock off 5-7pounds i don't think so... and as i said earlier 5-7 pounds is not heavy at all
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

This is obviously not the product for you and you see no value for yourself over a traditional laptop. For the millions of other people such as myself I gladly welcome this product. I HATE surfing the web on my iPhone.. it's ridiculously small [and I'm forced to use mobile optimized web pages just to get through an article. I think about taking my laptop with me at all times and when I do I remember how much of a pain it is. I always have my planner/notebook and to slip this baby in there and have what I consider a fully functional computer (for my own purposes) is simply amazing and long overdue.

Edit: Your spec comparison means nothing since these 2 devices are running 2 completely different OS. The iPad doesn't need a massive processor to run intense apps (go through all the tutorial videos). As for the storage.. .when are you going to need more than 64GB worth of anything at a time? If you take a trip for a week you can load more than enough content on the iPad to keep you busy.
    Last edited by Poseidon79; 03-31-2010 at 09:31 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast