Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: The IPad hype

I think your expecting a bit too much from this ipad

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I think about taking my laptop with me at all times and when I do I remember how much of a pain it is.
    Laugh out loud!! i have to take my Macbook pro with me all the time and have no problems at all, i dont see how you have problems with taking your laptop with you. you must be making up rubbish now if you have problems carrying a macbook pro with you imagine all the poor people the a pc dragging it behind them because they're so much heavier than macs lol
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

For most people carrying around an extra bag.. or a large enough bag to fit a laptop and any other misc stuff one might need for business.. is not convenient. Again.. I believe you are the exception who doesn't mind lugging around a bag on their shoulder all day. As for expectations of the iPad... I expect it to serve my specific needs with flying colors.

i carry my laptop and books...let me knock some weight off of that completely by getting ebooks and an ipad...done deal, and clearly this isnt the product for you...damn this is a good turkey sammich

which essentially is

actually im surprise you havent screamed "yea well, iPad has no FLASH" yet...amazing
    Last edited by z3r01; 03-31-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

These "I hate the ipad" people make me giggle.

Dude if you don't want it, don't freakin' buy one.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ClerkDante For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-31-2010)

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Exactly. People turn their nose up at Apple products in general because of the high price point in comparison to a PC. I don't care what anyone says though.. OSX is just flat out easier and more intuitive than Windows. My dad bought his first iMac a few months ago and since then I have not had to go over there for tech support one time! He raves about how easy it is and even set up Mail with a POP3 account all by himself. Now that's saying a lot for someone who is not computer literate at all. He saw the added value in the extra cost within days. For everyone else who turns their nose up and doesn't even give Apple and OSX a fair shot just because of price you are a sad bunch. For those people that hate a particular product just because it doesn't fit their particular needs you are just narrow minded and can't think about customers as a whole... just yourself in your own little world.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

z3r01 (03-31-2010)

now i was a big winbot , even when it came to studio recording, i used pro tools on windows and cubase...but with that came sooooooooooooooooooooo many crashes its not even funny...i found myself re-installing windows every six months due to some dumb BS...now that i purchased my macs a couple years ago..i only upgraded them to snow leopard, and bought 2 more macs including this macbook pro...why? because i have no crashes and i haven't had to reinstall os x due to some type of corruption...i love my macs cuz they are wel built and very reliable...APPLE FTW! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    For most people carrying around an extra bag.. or a large enough bag to fit a laptop and any other misc stuff one might need for business.. is not convenient. Again.. I believe you are the exception who doesn't mind lugging around a bag on their shoulder all day. As for expectations of the iPad... I expect it to serve my specific needs with flying colors.
    I only carry one bag lol

haha we all hate windows :P

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    These "I hate the ipad" people make me giggle.

Dude if you don't want it, don't freakin' buy one.
    haha im not, i wasa just asking what was so amazing about it and if any of it interests me i might of bought one but im clearly not interested in buying one lol
    Last edited by cookbenj; 03-31-2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

If you needed people on a forum to help you understand the usefulness of the iPad, then you shouldn't buy one.

I have a 13" MBP and it is very easy to carry around, but most of the time I find myself leaving it at home. I do more of my heavy lifting computer work at home anyways. In my business, the iPad would be an awesome replacement for my day planner. I could easily take it on appointments, take notes with it, check modmyi.com from a parking lot between appointments, show my customers my business's portfolio or website, read comfortably in bed, and many other things...

I don't debate that I can do those things on my iPhone or MBP because I do them all the time. However, the larger screen size and the portability of the iPad will make these tasks more enjoyable.

I hate to be "that guy" but I can't help but think that this REALLY boils down to whether, to you, $499-$849, is a lot of money.

For me, I am fortunate enough, that annually I receive a nice work bonus in March, and it always goes towards the latest gadget of my fancy. My first Macbook and first iPhone all were purchased with this (as well, as other "unnecessary" toys like home theatre projectors, blu-ray jukebox, etc.)

If 5 bills is too much for YOU to want to spend on such a device, so be it, but the amount of time people waste whining to rationalize this is astounding.
    Last edited by ClerkDante; 03-31-2010 at 04:16 PM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClerkDante For This Useful Post:

iggychins (03-31-2010), Poseidon79 (03-31-2010)

Ah "CookBenj" probably secretly orded one and just try to ruffle some feathers or can't afford one at this time and decided to get people worked up for nothing! LOL!

how about this, come back on saterday and i will tell you all about how good of a time i had with my iPad and all its usefullness

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12