+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How Many Actually Video Chat?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
So many "experts" deem the iPad an "epic Fail" because of the lack of a camera. My macbook (which I've owned for approx. 2 years) has a camera in it
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default How Many Actually Video Chat?
    So many "experts" deem the iPad an "epic Fail" because of the lack of a camera.

My macbook (which I've owned for approx. 2 years) has a camera in it and it's been turned on exactly zero times.

Argument after argument, "it's gotta have a camera", "I'm not buying it unless it has a camera". etc. etc.

Do that many people really utilize this?

Thanks

its more mobile then ur laptop so yes...lots of people want this basic feature on a mobile device. a piece of crap samsung or nokia phone has this option on a 20 dollar phone....so....yea
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm in college in california and my girlfriend goes to school in Oregon, so yes I video chat on a daily basis. Also its great for keeping in touch with my friends from highschool. A lot of people use it to talk to their relatives as well.

Thanks

At my house we use it about once a month to talk to family overseas but not that often.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've been online in one way shape or form since 1981. (Compuserve)

I just used a webcam for the first time last week. It was the first time I ever really had a need to use it. I was able to speak and see my sons who are away at college.

While its pretty cool and a wonderful way to communicate, its not something that would be a daily thing like emails, phone calls or text messages.

Ipad not having a camera is far from a deal breaker with me.

Thanks

i'd say it's a necessity. Like z3ro1 said, it's an expectation that customers have for mobile devices. If you want something to take the place of a netbook persay, then it MUST HAVE ALL the features that come standard with netbooks period point blank. With that being said, Apple knows exactly what they're doing. It was left out on purpose just like they did to the ipod touch 3rd gen. They gave video/camera capabilities to the ipod nano and left them out of the touch... why? Because they're going to add it to the 4th Gen ipod touch to give it a fresh look this year because more than likely, they ran out of things to upgrade on the touch besides the capacity.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

steve you suck
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Last edited by the tech kid 1234; 03-27-2010 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yeah i hardly use it on my macbook, but was cool when i was in barbados and i video chat my kids. i think it was useless on portable devices because of the cost of using it mobile, but now we can use them with our data plans (data usage may be high) i think it should have it. but its the 1st and they aint dumb, so we will see it in the 2nd or 3rd ipad/ iphone