Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari detects device and changes web page contents

Unhappy Safari detects device and changes web page contents
    It seems that Safari identifies what device you are using and changes the web page so that it brings up the one designed for the iPhone or another hand held device.
    What I would really like the iPad to be able to do is when I am in Safari browser and I go to a URL that the page that comes up is an actual html page not one that is designed for the iPhone.
    I want to be able to use the size of the iPad for viewing the actual web pages not the revised ones.
    Please make it so.

even on my iphone most sites I can make go to the full version over the iphone version.

What I wonder is if people will begin to develop ipad friendly versions or if they will just default to the full version.
    is there a such thing as a fanboY with a y? if so is that better or worse than a fanboi? im probably one of them just which ever one is less drastic

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't they have something in cydia that prevents this?

I thought the website detected the browser and displayed the apprpriate version of the site. iDroid Mini also displays mobile formatted sites if one exists for a particular domain.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iGotOne View Post
    It seems that Safari identifies what device you are using and changes the web page so that it brings up the one designed for the iPhone or another hand held device.
    What I would really like the iPad to be able to do is when I am in Safari browser and I go to a URL that the page that comes up is an actual html page not one that is designed for the iPhone.
    I want to be able to use the size of the iPad for viewing the actual web pages not the revised ones.
    Please make it so.
    It's the website that detects the device and changes the format, not the browser. The browser doesn't detect anything - Safari for iPad won't check itself to see if it's Safari for Windows or OS X, it doesn't make sense to, lol.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Some stuff
    Use UAFaker

Please make it so.
    Its called the User Agent. Its what the browser reports to the website its visiting. From what Ive read the iPad safari has the same User Agent as the Mac OS X safari.