+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Will you buy the iPad?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
finally decided on 32GB no wifi now that I have mywi working on my 3Gs
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    finally decided on 32GB no wifi now that I have mywi working on my 3Gs

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yes

now to decied between the 16 and 32g 3g
    My iPhone 2g is my test subject

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetX View Post
    Yes a camera would be nice, thats the one feature that I would really have enjoyed having.

However the iPad does have a microphone which struck me as a little weird, I don't think the iPod touch even has a microphone. Well at least we can make VoIP when this thing finally launches!

True multitasking isn't supported but listening to music while doing other things on the iphone OS has never been an issue.
    Now I am breathing easier! However it's not go yet. I am hooked on Skype and e-mails. So now I know that I could listen a music and do something else but I guess Skype and checking e-mail is out of question?
    I am writing this from MacBook and needles to say this thing is easily doing all that and more without flinch. Apple is boasting some new super chip in iPad but still it won't do this little things at once.

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZackP View Post
    So now I know that I could listen a music and do something else but I guess Skype and checking e-mail is out of question?
    Correct. And to clarify, you'll only be able to listen to your iPod music - no streaming radios such as Pandora. This will be the case until either:

A) Apple gets their head straight and decides to integrate multitasking into a device which is more than capable of handling it

B) The device is jailbroken and backgrounder is released.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

No. Put a real OS on it and allow me to make phone calls on it via Bluetooth on AT&Ts network and then I am in.

Steve is prolly laughing his *** off "if you build it, they will come"

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If I can watch instant netflix I would, but it's my understanding that you can only watch iTunes movies

iPhone? More like MyPhone aussiebob's Avatar
    Thanks

Its a Yes for me.
    Better to have this instead of waiting for the lap top or Pc to boot up to surf the net or check email on a big screen.
    Wouldn't want to take it outside though.
    My signiture? Whats that...............

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Yes for me. Buying a non-3G model on release day.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

no no no, definitely not....

I think the ipad will be successful as in terms of selling/making money. But i dont think it is anyway useful.

Think about it, if you have an ipod/iphone and a laptop this device is completely pointless.
    Not portable like an ipod, not as functional as a laptop.

It is just a huge ipod touch, nothing more. No added features, no added support, nothing. Just really big and since bigger size they can fit better processor/battery so it will be little bit faster with longer life.

If your like, well i like iphone gaming. is $500+ really worth a bigger screen, and faster speeds? You could play better systems like ps3,xbox360,pc, hell even wii is better... If you want portable gaming, well iphone= like 4-5hrs of gaming on a battery, ipad is 10hrs. Not that long of mobile gaming. psp/ds would be better choices. And even a laptop would be better for gaming.

Ok, then you like your iphone/ipod jailbroken? well good luck getting a jailbreak for the ipad lol. It uses 3.2 firmware and im sure a different boot-rom then 3g touches.

There is no and will never be flash for the idevices EVER! O well there is a glimmer of light, html 5! you can embed videos,audio,apps right into html code and there is no need for flash, yay! Awesome right? No its in beta right now. The time it takes to finish it, and get most websites to switch will probably be 5-10years >.>

so the point of this device?
    -laziness? you want to go online with a bigger screen then ipod, and dont want to move your laptop because its soooooo hard....
    no online or disc based movies here!

-Ultimate gaming!!!!! super big screen touch games, the best graphics ever!!! have to get to the top of the doodle jump leaderboard so i will be super famous...
    for a few hours and then i have to charge it. and sitting next to a computer for usb, or using an outlet would also be awesome, i mean i wanted mobile gaming but sitting here playing n64 or worse graphic games is sooo much better then current gen gaming!

-guess what i got? AN IPAD! im so cool i got the newest coolest thing from apple! Everything apple releases is cool and if i have one, all my friends and other people will be jealous about this brand new thing and think i am cool!!!!!

-people who really really like ebooks? anyone? *crickets*

so your better off with the iphone/ipod touch + laptop combo.

PS. they do actually have touch screen laptops >.o

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    PS. they do actually have touch screen laptops >.o
    Yes, HP makes them! I'm really excited for the HP slate - I think it's going to blow away the iPad. No offense, but I think Apple lost it's mind in giving iPhone OS to a device that could have been capable of so much more.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

If it came with a stylus and a writing application then yes. But Steve jobs hates the stylus so...

adp
    Thanks

The laptop does have a stylus but I've used it with my finger and it works just fine. Multi-touch makes it even better. And the HP slate will probably be as "finger friendly" as the new iPad.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No. Have to plug my phone onto iTunes already and that's more then enough.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12