+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Dear iPad haters...

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Originally Posted by bladesofkaos negative! No multitasking.... wtf?
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bladesofkaos View Post
    negative! No multitasking....
    wtf?

iPhone? More like MyPhone bladesofkaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZackP View Post
    wtf?
    Exactly!

Thanks

Negative! No multitasking....
    i listen to music and play doodle jump? is that multi tasking?
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

adp
    Thanks

Negative! No multitasking....
    I think you're wrong on that one. If you were to use Pandora, Slacker, etc. then yes, no multitasking. But with the iPhone you can currently listen to the iPod function and do anything else in the phone (excepting some apps which disable sound). I'm pretty sure the iPad will be able to do the same. Double tap to change track/pause.

I'm still not getting it though. Make a way to run OSX in it and I'll be the first in line. I need a notebook replacement, not a magnification of (less than) what my iPhone can already do.
    If I helped you out, please use the Thanks button ------------------------->

iPhone? More like MyPhone riku98523's Avatar
    Thanks

Well first obviously a tablet PC is worlds ahead of this (especially if its windows because then you aren't paying $1k for the OS alone) but second don't say you won't be able to listen to music and do other things do any of you people own an iphone? you can listen to music and use other apps the way the iphone OS works is it disallows multitasking third party apps but if you load up the music app it will multitask next to anything.

Now you need to remember about jailbreaking also because with jailbreak comes true multitasking. I multitask on my iphone all the time .

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't get why anyone would want this thing to run OSX, in fact if it had anything but touch based iphone OS I wouldn't be interested at all.

I have a MBP why would I want a 10" touchscreen laptop? it certainly isn't going to replace my MBP and even if it did (it would have to be a larger screen) all that would accomplish for apple is to cut into their sales of laptops. Not smart business to cut into your own sales.

I think the people calling it a glorified iPod touch have little to no imagination, because give it 6 months and this thing has the potential to do an incredible amount more than the iPod touch.

Can't wait to stand in line

adp
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kylen721 View Post
    I have a MBP why would I want a 10" touchscreen laptop?
    Just because you have one doesn't mean everyone else does. And if you want to keep the more powerful MBP then no one is forcing you to throw it away. It would just be a better alternative for those who don't have one already and don't want to spend the $1.3K. Many people would be interested in replacing their notebooks (ie. windows users) with a mac, and many of them would like to have something compact such as an iPad running OSX (at the $500 price, see the attaction there?).

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boe_dye View Post
    There are already true Windows based tablets that do way more and are just as nice. And in fact they run a full blown Windows 7 OS, which is going to be the next XP once it matures.
    And that is the inherent problem. There have been a load of pure-windows "Tablets" that have failed because they didn't change the interface. You can't simply used a touch-screen or a stylus, and expect the user interface of the iPad.

don't even mention you are subjected to the other inherent failures of windows, viruses, slow OS over time, constant virus upgrades, and oh yes, viruses.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Just because you have one doesn't mean everyone else does. And if you want to keep the more powerful MBP then no one is forcing you to throw it away. It would just be a better alternative for those who don't have one already and don't want to spend the $1.3K. Many people would be interested in replacing their notebooks (ie. windows users) with a mac, and many of them would like to have something compact such as an iPad running OSX (at the $500 price, see the attaction there?).
    Oh don't get me wrong I completely understand the appeal to those without a mac, but there are two problems with that: As was my main point in my post, why would Apple bring their own competitor to their notebook line? and also the bigger problem is that if they had made it a more fully functional tablet with full OSX it would be much closer to the 1k mark than the 500 mark thus negating the appeal of the price.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Vonage+iPad= one giant iPhone. And you will be able to text using Textplus.

The largest fail of the iPad? The battery. Bring your portable generator with you.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jbone1337's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol i really like how every iPad defender says "well no one thought ipod or iphone would be successful, ect"
    (well i think ipad will be successful in terms of sales, but not usefulness)

Hmmm...
    ipod(USEFUL, people can use a mobile music/video player)
    iPhone(USEFUL, you need a phone)
    iPad(you need it for..! ummm, hmmmm, ebooks??????)

yes people were skeptical about other idevices, but this one has NO use what so ever, and is very very very limited.

If you have ipod touch/iphone and a laptop, you would have to be really ignorant to purchase one of these unless you really LOVE ebooks or surfing a flashless internet on a bigger screen...

also check out post HERE more more of my debate.

so please explain to me why i should get this device?
    OpenFient/Any other gametype: JBone1337

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Well I guess people who do not read books and rely on video games to entertain them, it will not be useful.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Well I guess people who do not read books and rely on video games to entertain them, it will not be useful.
    well its probably me,my generation and probably all below mine. but reading books is ehhhhhh.

I mean i like to read and learn things, like tutorials ect. but i go to the web for that(which can be done with laptop). Dont read books/eboks on that stuff and dont really enjoy reading stories

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbone1337 View Post
    Lol i really like how every iPad defender says "well no one thought ipod or iphone would be successful, ect"
    (well i think ipad will be successful in terms of sales, but not usefulness)

Hmmm...
    ipod(USEFUL, people can use a mobile music/video player)
    iPhone(USEFUL, you need a phone)
    iPad(you need it for..! ummm, hmmmm, ebooks??????)

yes people were skeptical about other idevices, but this one has NO use what so ever, and is very very very limited.

If you have ipod touch/iphone and a laptop, you would have to be really ignorant to purchase one of these unless you really LOVE ebooks or surfing a flashless internet on a bigger screen...

also check out post HERE more more of my debate.

so please explain to me why i should get this device?
    That's EXACTLY what people said about the iPod in the link that I posted in the 1st post. People saw the iPod and called it another crappy product because we already had MP3 players, and not look what it's turned into. It might have been limited then, but over the years, it improved, and 250+ million iPods later, Apple is in total control of the MP3 industry...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    That's EXACTLY what people said about the iPod in the link that I posted in the 1st post. People saw the iPod and called it another crappy product because we already had MP3 players, and not look what it's turned into. It might have been limited then, but over the years, it improved, and 250+ million iPods later, Apple is in total control of the MP3 industry...
    but the ipod was just a different brand of mp3. Just ipod was made by apple, and X mp3 player was by X company.
    like pepsi and coke are the same thing, different companies.

the ipad is its own category. And that category is not all that useful unless you a huge ebook fan.

I mean if it some kind of flash(or html5 was much much farther) and you could have a stylus so you could handwrite things. and had a camera. also if someone made a jailbreak for it i would consider maybe getting it after price drops. i mean $500 for only 16gb isnt too great.

adp
    Thanks

Mp3 industry = huge quantity of users. Only expected to rise.

eBook indsutry = small - how many kindles have you actually seen in the past year? Expected to grow? Maybe but not anywhere near to the Mp3 industry.

I can see the iPod being a huge success as their predecessors only had a few mb of memory - it crushed them with Gb's of memory. But the iPad? At this day and age, it's only capable of doing less than what an iPhone can do. It's not portable, yet not powerful to be worthwile carrying as a notebook replacement (you carry both). It's just an extra accessory in an era where we are trying to consolidate devices and not expand on the number we carry.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by adp View Post
    Mp3 industry = huge quantity of users. Only expected to rise.

eBook indsutry = small - how many kindles have you actually seen in the past year? Expected to grow? Maybe but not anywhere near to the Mp3 industry.

I can see the iPod being a huge success as their predecessors only had a few mb of memory - it crushed them with Gb's of memory. But the iPad? At this day and age, it's only capable of doing less than what an iPhone can do. It's not portable, yet not powerful to be worthwile carrying as a notebook replacement (you carry both). It's just an extra accessory in an era where we are trying to consolidate devices and not expand on the number we carry.
    But the iPad wont only be an eBook reader. In the future, it will gain many functions just like the iPod did over the years. The iPod started off kind of weak, hence the response in the MacRumors thread I posted, but over the years became the MP3 player to get and I think the iPad will be the same way...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

adp
    Thanks

But the iPad wont only be an eBook reader. In the future, it will gain many functions just like the iPod did over the years. The iPod started off kind of weak, hence the response in the MacRumors thread I posted, but over the years became the MP3 player to get and I think the iPad will be the same way...
    I never implied it was solely an e-book reader. But that's supposed to be one of the main functions people say it will become popular for. It's a very limited market right now, and don't expect it to grow as the mp3 industry did. The iPad can only do what the iPod touch can do. It's not like if the original iPod was only replicating another device when it first came out. So there is a big difference between both releases. But you just wait and let time prove my response.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 586 Posts

The iPad is a going to be a great tool for all professions. Lawyers will have all their legal documents on an iPad. Doctors will go from patient to patient with all their medical records on one small iPad. Colleges will start offering all books on iPad, a lot of them are already requiring iPhones or iPod Touch. The list goes on....

The only people I see complaining are the children who wanted something cool to play on. Well Wake up time kiddos! The iPad isnt meant to be a toy, but a tool. And it will be an amazing tool. And then when all of the game developers make a plethora of games, you kiddies will love the iPad and be battling each other or whatever the heck you guys do all day! You can MMORPG all day!!! wooooooohoooooooo

Ok, the last part was a joke
    Last edited by Melech518; 02-10-2010 at 09:10 PM. Reason: My tongue was not sticking out properly
    If I helped you, hit the button or be Banned!

Download Macbook 3.1 for Winterboard-Now LIVE on Cydia-Macbook Final, Macbook Final Widget,Macbook SBSettings
    Need Hardware Repair Support?: PM ME

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

haha. I agree. I don't see why people cant see uses for it