+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Biggest Lacking Feature???

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
Biggest Lacking Feature/Features on the iPad? Also, post funny ipad hate/love here. useful links: http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/9-upc...he-apple-ipad/
    Thanks

Default Biggest Lacking Feature???
    Biggest Lacking Feature/Features on the iPad? Also, post funny ipad hate/love here.

useful links: http://mashable.com/2010/01/27/9-upc...he-apple-ipad/
    Last edited by lolcats1; 01-27-2010 at 08:07 PM. Reason: hmmmm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

i gotta say just flash

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Biggest Lacking Feature on the iPad?

The ipad, where is it? All this damn thing is an ipod touch w/ internet service.

I love Apple but they just got our hopes up! I'm just going to ignore this product and continue integrating the mac mini in my car. Almost done finishing up the script allowing it to boot up w/ front row.
    Last edited by adam.barb; 01-27-2010 at 04:20 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

no camera
    no flash support
    no multitasking
    no LTE
    no CDMA
    no real choice in carrier(See above)...you could use it with tslowbile but no 3g making it worthless (provided you can get this 'microSIM' from t-mobile)
    the screen should have been much higher resolution (1024x768 just doesnt cut it the iPhone has a higher DPI)
    ATT will probably limit the use of VOIP in the device
    the list goes on really...
    Last edited by pwntbywombat; 01-27-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    I made it ra1n...again

'Reloading Data' - Ive spent the majority of my life seeing this

Thanks

Either flash or multi-tasking wouldve been great. Make the iPad more like an actual MacBook and add those features. But people have to remember that the original iPhone wasnt that great looking back, and the original iTouch was horrible by today's standards. Give them some time to "perfect" it...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The name for one thing! They've been making jokes for years about if able released a tablet and called it the iPad. I think I saw a Mad TV sketch on YouTube from 3 years ago it.

Secondly I wanted a modded version of Mac OS X that runs iPhone apps not a giant iPod Touch. I need a desktop and folders not just applications.

No flash support? really...
    No Camera? really...
    No USB ports? Really I would like to plug in an external keyboard and not the one Apple is selling.

It should also come with a case because if you are carrying around something that is 50% glass and got $499 and can't fit in your pocket you'll need a case.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Either flash or multi-tasking wouldve been great. Make the iPad more like an actual MacBook and add those features. But people have to remember that the original iPhone wasnt that great looking back, and the original iTouch was horrible by today's standards. Give them some time to "perfect" it...
    apple does these things on purpose 2nd generation will have a camera an acouple things different and everybody will go buy the 2nd generation ipad and complain about missing stuff etc... then apple will drop the 3rd generation so on and so on oldest trick in the book cause everybody continues to upgrade as apple drops new products...

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm sure the multitasking will come in 4.0 this summer. Flash and the multitasking are the only disappointments.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Masterz1337 View Post
    I'm sure the multitasking will come in 4.0 this summer. Flash and the multitasking are the only disappointments.
    i certainty hope you are right. tho android has been doing that for, hmm, 2 years now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No flash support is my biggest gripe at the moment. The full internet is not at your fingertips on this device. If HTML5 were the standard right now, this would be a non-issue. After reading other threads like this, the lack of multi-tasking is a growing irritation for me now too.
    I stupidly let myself ride the wave of hype concerning the potential an apple tablet could have. The interface just feels like such a cop-out. I know that it is simple to use and doesn't alienate less computer savvy users, but come on. Steve Jobs said it was 'our most advanced technology in a magical and revolutionary device'. Color me underwhelmed.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Biig dissapointment. No multitasking is a NO NO NO. No connection to USB thumb drives another big NO. No standard OSX backbone: HORRIBLE NO. You know, these iWork apps may be nice, but they are no substitute for MS Office. If I could use the ipad with a keyboard and mouse and run office (and other OSX applications ) the it would be a sell. Another major complaint: no stylus (for when you want to write or draw on the screen, and don't want to look like a toddler doing finger painting). SAD looking device too with those pathetic 4 icons per row... What a lack of creativity!

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

pretty much the same as everyone else is saying haha i think this thread is kinda done everyone is saying the same thing :P hahah no multi tasking, no flash, no camera, it's not os x based

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm missing multi-user support,

can imagine this device to be used as a two-way remote control for the whole household (to replace my Philips Pronto panel) with web browsing, but to really use e-mail and calendar there needs to be a multi-user support as in MacOSX