+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPad=iFail?

is a discussion within the

General iPad Chat

forums, a part of the

General iPad

section;
After this announcement I can't help think that they really didn't do anything stellar here. It's a big iPhone without the camera and all the drawbacks (no flash support, mutitasking,
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPad=iFail?
    After this announcement I can't help think that they really didn't do anything stellar here. It's a big iPhone without the camera and all the drawbacks (no flash support, mutitasking, etc).
    Definitely dissappointed.
    Story here:

The iPad arrives, and it's basically a big iPhone : Ben Patterson : Yahoo! Tech

Thanks
    Thanked 1,034 Times in 956 Posts

we gotta see what os 4.0 brings.
    maybe it has those things
    but now i think its not thatgood

Please know we are praying Kyle (poetic_folly) and Robyn Matthews for your little one.
    You too blkcadi
    Thank You.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I think the iPad is awesome and I will be preordering

Thanks
    Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,169 Posts

I also will be pre-ordering.

Moved to our new General iPad Chat forum

Livin the iPhone Life wannabprogramma's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it's perfect for what it's for....I don't think it was aimed towards people with iPhones and MacBooks because they can use their MacBooks...I think Apple was going towards Windows users that have an iPhone, like it and want to use a Mac, but that's a big step, so they can use this in between....it's part Mac computer part iPhone
    The Next Generation of Phreaks.

Thanks

Why no Camera or Webcam?

Thanks

no lol it's a fail

Quote Originally Posted by dd721 View Post
    Why no Camera or Webcam?
    because apple makes hype. they don't live up to them
    Last edited by lolcats1; 01-27-2010 at 03:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I agree that I am disappointed that there are a couple of missing key components with the no flash support, I would have liked to see a mini display port to make things easier for hooking it up to a larger monitor or TV and I would like to have seen a front facing camera for video conferencing. Still as others said, for what it's supposed to do I would much rather have all my college text books on this thing, bring the dock with the keyboard to class and peruse/take notes on it rather than lug around 4 books and a laptop. For that purpose, I will have to convince my wife of our impending need for one.

Thanks

was hoping i could sync ipods with it's (full) itunes

Thanks

I think this product was over-hyped to make some people be disappointed. Although the product is nice, I dont think Apple differentiated the product enough from the iPhone. Putting multitasking, webcam, and push wouldve been cool too to not make it look like a big iPhone. Also, I dont understand having a version with and a version without 3G. It seems like having 3G would be a necessity so you can use it places outside of the normal work, school, home...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks

No ipad for me. It is a pathetic device, ugly (can you say thick bezel?) and disfunctional (uh? 4 icons per row in a 9.7" screen???). Even though I have a lot of apple products (iphone 3G, itouch, mac pro with 4 core 2 duos, imac 20") this is one I will pass. Who knows, maybe this is the end of my "romance" with apple. Google... here I come.

iPhone? More like MyPhone jwil736's Avatar
    Thanks

Ipad was a dissapointment for me. I am not a student nor do I enjoy to read. So therefore I would not get anything out of it that I wouldn't get from a laptop. It keeps getting revered to or compared to the iPhone when in reality, it has no PHONE or camera so therefore it is a glorified iPod touch in my eyes. Flash support and push could come in 4.0, who knows and even in that case is still a glorified iPod touchfor the iPod will also have those features. I believe it got pushed out too fast and was not thought out as much as it should have been. Front facing camera for skype conference capabilities was a big miss in my eyes. No matter the software upgrades they put into it, it would not be a device that I would/could use currently. It does have a ton of possibilities however, and room to build on. Looking toward the next generation ipad. VERY dissapointed nothing for iPhone/iPod touch .

Thanks

I can't believe we moved Steve to the top of the "Replacement liver" line for this.

Think about it... "We practiced with the iPhone to make this great." As far as I'm concerned the iPhone doesn't have a universal print button... and they think it's a great idea to add iWork (ahem, not M$ Office) to this? Really want us to not be able to print or use a USB flash drive, save to iDisk?

**** you Apple, you're always just holding back features to release in next year's model. I'm pretty sure we all want portable video chat. Hello. It's 2010. End of the world is 12/21/2012. Can you release this soon so I'll at least be able to have a nice handheld video chat device for a couple years? We're working with a deadline here.

Thanks Steve.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to goodluck4287 For This Useful Post:

barno909 (02-03-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks

I was hoping it would have something other than iPhone OS 3.2, something more like a stripped down version of OS X. AS SOON AS I saw the damn iPhone icons, I lost so much interest.

Despite what Jobs says about it being "easy and comfortable to type on", it won't be.
    To type: You're going to have to hold the pad with one hand and type with the other and productivity will be halved (likely more than halved; typing on a touchscreen IS slower than with a keyboard), or you're going to have to put it down on a flat surface and hunch over to see the screen as you type...

No stylus or handwriting recognition? I was expecting that at least.
    No multitasking?
    No USB port to transfer work directly TO the iPad?
    Instead of having slightly watered down or identical versions of the much more useful OS X applications that would've run great on an iPad with intel architecture and a stylus (Photoshop, etc), we have an ARM CPU and some of the crappy little iPhone apps to keep us company. Awesome.

No built-in stand for watching video; what a joke.

Apart from its size and 3G capability (), there really is nothing to differentiate this from an iPod Touch. It will piss me off to no end to open the settings app and see the same (lack of) options as I see in a normal iPhone/ iPod.

Revolutionary? I think I'vePad enough of that word from Apple now.
    Last edited by dale1v; 01-28-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Jay316's Avatar
    Thanks

As I said in a previous thread, the iPad is iPointless. 5 minutes on my first gen iPhone and I've got it looking like and iPad, it does everything the iPad does and has a camera, and makes phonecalls. It annoys me that fanboys will buy this crap, they'd be better off with an Advent 4213, which can run OSX, thats what Apple should have released
    16GB iPhone 4
    160GB Black iPod Classic

Sold
    16GB iPhone 3GS
    60GB iPod Classic
    80GB iPod Classic

Broke
    120GB iPod Classic
    16GB iPhone

Green Apple
    Thanks

a overgrown ipod wich does not fit into your pocket.

nothing significantly the iphone or ipod can't do.
    actually to get wifi and 3g you need to pay extra....

ok it runs for 10 hours straight without charging and a bigger screen.

no reason for me to purchase one.

i would have liked to see a multitouch mac os x leopard with at least a core 2 duo cpu in that size.
    that would cost more ofcourse but at least then it would have been worth it.

629 $ does make it cheaper then my iphone 3gs but it doesn't fit in my pocket.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dd721 View Post
    Why no Camera or Webcam?
    because apple is going green,and built in webcams cost money ,it's business nothing personal