+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Firewall ip locked up my phone?

is a discussion within the

Firewall iP

forums, a part of the

Rock Your Phone Discussion

section;
Just installed Firewall IP on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1. Rock said that I needed to do a soft reboot, so I did. After the respring, I unlocked and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Firewall ip locked up my phone?
    Just installed Firewall IP on my iPhone 4 running iOS 4.0.1. Rock said that I needed to do a soft reboot, so I did. After the respring, I unlocked and got to the Springboard, but then it froze. I rebooted the phone 3-4 times. Every time it would get back to the lock screen and wouldn't do anything from that point. The phone would not unlock. I could double click the Home button and get the media controls, but thats it.

Have there been any issues with this app with iOS 4 with anyone else?

TCW
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I registered just to reply.

This happened to me today. I was able to uninstall firewall ip and fix the phone (the touchscreen dosent function.) After a hard reboot you have a second to unlock the phone before the OS runs the firewall ip app and lock your phone. I constantly hit the homebutton and tap the tap to unlock (no slider on mine) so that it unlocks and opens the task bar with opened apps. Rock was sitting right there and once I got it open it didn't freeze and I was able to uninstall. It happened a second time when I wasn't sure if Firewall Ip was the culprit. After I reinstalled it, it locked up again. Although I did the hard reboot with it plugged into my laptop. It started to sync when I rebooted and didnt let me do my trick. I unplugged the cable, the screen flickered and said it was still syncing, then the screen went to the regular background (no theme) and mobilesubstrate said my phone was in safe mode because winterboard crashed. The touchscreen worked and I was able to uninstall again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    You can SSH into your Phone and rename "Firewall.djlib" in Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. So FirewallIP can not load anymore after a reboot…

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alba04 For This Useful Post:

jigmeister (08-15-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i had same and removing file worked great
    Hi
    I just subscribed to this forum as I had same problem. When I installed the firewall app my iphone 3gs 4.0.1 was freezing on the lock screen. I was just about to restore and lose everything when i saw this post.

I deleted the file "firewall.dyib" via cyberduck as above instructed and reset the phone. I then went to the rock store app and uninstalled it fully.

MUCH APPRECIATED!!

TCW
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How did you delete it if your iphone was locked up.