Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Themes and plist's -pc

Default Themes and plist's -pc
    Guys. is there ANYONE out there that can open plsts on pc for edit? anyone? Share your knowledge as I have ideas that I just can't expedite in photoshop alone. i need to rearrange things =)

note.. I just found out you can open them in wordpad.. Notepad opens funny. They are just xmls. Im not on my design computer now. Can these be opened in dreamweaver?
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 07-21-2007 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.
    Graphic Design | Vehicle Wraps | Website Design | Large Format Printing

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

Why would you need to edit .plist? What does the .plist file even do?

plist file allows you edit the arrangement of the icons. Ill try to find something.

Ya.. I got it. Just edit on wordpad -- not word. And save. Make sure the name remains ex "DisplayOrder.plist" when saved.

They open just like an xml of html code. Easy editing. Shows on top what bar.. then under is the top icons from upper-left to bottom-right from left to right and so on.
    So ya. Should help us pc guys move things around.

For example.. the DisplayOrder.plist which controls your icons looks like this...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>buttonBar</key>Your Bottom Dock
    <array>
    <dict>
    <key>displayIdentifier</key>
    <string>com.apple.mobilephone</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileipod</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>iconList</key>Your Icons from top left to bottom right
    <array>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilesafari</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilemail</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.MobileSMS</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilecal</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.Maps</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Photos</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobileslideshow-Camera</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.youtube</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.stocks</string>
    </dict>

<dict>
    <string>com.apple.calculator</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobilenotes</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.weather</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.mobiletimer</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.Preferences</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    <key>special</key>
    <array>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.springboard</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <string>com.apple.MALogger</string>
    </dict>
    </array>
    </dict>
    </plist>
    Last edited by LoringStudios; 07-21-2007 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Loring Studios Graphic Design Company | Serving the world, one cool job at a time.

iam using dos to edit mine, yeah theyre only xml. theres a stock OrderDisplay.plist in the downloads section. I havent used dreamweaver, since the computer i use to MMI doesnt have DW, but dos works fine :]

previously known as amalone87
    Thanks

So you edit the strings to be able to rearrange the icons? I was wondering how people were moving them around. I will mess around with this tonight.

LoringStudios - how did you get that to work on windows? When I open my DisplayOrder.plist in wordpad I see the binary converted plist looks like this...

bplist00&#211;'YbuttonBarXiconListWspecial&#1 64;
    &#209; _displayIdentifier_com.apple.mobilephone&#209;  _com.apple.mobilemail&#209;
    _com.apple.mobilesafari&#209;

Yea you have to watch out though have the orginal or download it because sometimes all your icons will disapear! But all you have to do is put the orginal back.

Ya I could see why, of all the posted DisplayOrder.plist (even the one in the downloads here) things are missing. I'd really like to be able to convert the plist I grabbed from MY iphone, no diss to anyone, I just like starting from known source

Has anyone found a plutil for linux?

its better the you copy the DisplayOrder.plist file from your phone then edit that copy... that way its not all garbled.. I had the same problem.. just use the getfile command..

yup that is my getfile plist, but without plutil I can't convert it from apples binary format to plain XML.

there isn't reallly anything cool you an do with the plists. Ive opened them all and the only valuble one is display order and you can really just move stuff around. If you mess up a value it seems to just default back to normal

It's the starting point for getting more apps on the springboard I got a friend with a mac to convert mine... on to the modding

I've uploaded the original complete binary to xml converted DisplayOrder.plist to the downloads section, awaiting approval... enjoy anyone else who needed it!
    Last edited by copland007; 07-21-2007 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by copland007 View Post
    LoringStudios - how did you get that to work on windows? When I open my DisplayOrder.plist in wordpad I see the binary converted plist looks like this...

Wow.. I dunno what I did different.. They just opened normal. I opened the original one off the downloads section

ah ok thats y the one in the downloads is not complete. Its missing the SMS block at least, I forget maybe 2 of the special blocks also.

Hmm. well thats not good. lol

If you want a list of icons incase you forget or what not or the plist is not 'complete'

click here

Thanx for the link arthursdomain, but that plist is still the binary format, pc users can't do anything with that, you have to run that binary plist file through this command to get it into plain xml...

Code:
    plutil -convert xml1 DisplayOrder.plist
    And thus the problem for us pc folk, we don't have that plutil goodie

edit: Looks like my download got approved, anybody looking for the converted DisplayOrder.plist here you go, enjoy!
    Last edited by copland007; 07-22-2007 at 04:22 AM.

works like a charm. thanks

how do I put my altered Display Order back on the phone?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast