+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DOS and Forum NEWB

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just joined today after checking out the forum for a couple of days. So far it seems like a pretty good place to be. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Question DOS and Forum NEWB
    Just joined today after checking out the forum for a couple of days. So far it seems like a pretty good place to be. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some information.

In the meantime...during my initial trials, it seems as though I wasn't paying attention to the fact that my directory paths were case sensitive and I've managed to create a directory "var/root/library/ringtones". Turns out, it should have been "var/root/Library/Ringtones". Also, before I realized this, I tried multiple times to upload my files (putfile after using mkdir and cd commands). So, now I've got this...var/root/library/ringtones/<CTU.mp3>, <The Good Solder.m4a (which doesn't make sense because the file I was adding was named The Good Soldier.m4a)>, <The Good Soldier.m4a>, <ctu.mp3>, <the good solder.m4a (once again...spelling)>, and <the good soldier.m4a>.

I've managed list these files through iphone interface, but the rmdir command doesn't remove them. Sorry this was long. I'd appreciate any help that anyone can offer.

iPhone? More like MyPhone skeredmobile's Avatar
    Thanks

i would use Manzana over iPhoneInterface......

Its a program that lists all the directories found on the iPhone and allows you to drag and drop files into directories rather than manually type the commands......

You can even delete entire directories by just right-clicking and deleting......which is what you need.....

You can download it here: http://code.google.com/p/manzana/

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by skeredmobile View Post
    i would use Manzana over iPhoneInterface......

Its a program that lists all the directories found on the iPhone and allows you to drag and drop files into directories rather than manually type the commands......

You can even delete entire directories by just right-clicking and deleting......which is what you need.....

You can download it here: http://code.google.com/p/manzana/
    I agree. Manzana is a great program for Windows users. I just used it yesterday to do a lot of modding on my iPhone. One tip: don't try to drag and drop multiple files -- it didn't work for me. I had to drag and drop one file at a time.

Retired Moderator arthursdomain's Avatar
    Thanks

I haven't used the drag drop prog yet so i can't say if it works well or not, but I can tell you that if you just started then it might be easier tojust do a restore.

On another note rmdir to remove files and directories does work. Make sure you use fullpath+filename also case sensitive.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I downloaded this but when I try to install it, I keep getting some kind of error. What could be wrong?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks all; I'll have to try manzana as soon as I have a chance.

iPhone? More like MyPhone GreggSymington's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryjam282 View Post
    I downloaded this but when I try to install it, I keep getting some kind of error. What could be wrong?
    Have you put the iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the folder?