Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there a way to Remove an icon?

Default Is there a way to Remove an icon?
    I never use clock.. i mean never. the clock i need is at the top. if i wanted to can i remove an icon... i try to edit the DisplayOrder.plist and even though i erased its string it still appears... HELP!

You can upload an invisible icon in its place, but all that is going to do is leave a blank spot on your home screen...and if you press that spot the clock is still going to open up.

Go into /Applications/ and then type rmdir

If you've never used it then you don't know that in Clock is where you set Alarms, Timers and the Stopwatch function. I realize we all use our iPhone's differently, just wanted you to know if you do remove the app and then need to set an Alarm, you'll be sol :-)
    Last edited by CyberGreg; 07-21-2007 at 10:54 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Tampa, Florida, United States
    Thanked 4,837 Times in 1,236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dharma4815lost View Post
    Go into /Applications/ and then type rmdir
    Yah I wouldn't do that... replace it maybe with Field Test or wtvr, so you could just enable it again later, but don't delete it from the phone completely...

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

remove it from the DisplayOrder.plist

Oh I was just saying hypothetically cause I want to replace the icon with a field-test one, but when I tried to, the clock was just added to the end of the list. I want to hide it so i can put it back later if need be.

I'm having trouble removing icons as well. I just want to hide the programs, but when I delete them from springboard.plist, it just moves them to the end.

Also, I added fieldtest to springboard and it showed up where I wanted it. Then I removed it and it put that, too at the end.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Orlando FL

just delet the icon.png and its gone..?? doesnt that work????`

I noticed that just removing the application from DisplayOrder.plist meant that it would appear again at the bottom. So instead I moved the application from the "iconList" to the "special" area where the fieldtest app is hidden. The icon no longer appears on my iconList.