Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HACK] Volume/Speakerphone/Ringtone Loudness for v1.0.2

Default Help
    Ok can someone write out step by step easy to use insctructions so we all can have better volume on the headset and speakerphone please

I have firmware 1.02 and have no idea how to make this happen

Thanks to everyone for great work!

iPhone? More like MyPhone NVMY4N's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dallasnights View Post
    Ok can someone write out step by step easy to use insctructions so we all can have better volume on the headset and speakerphone please

I have firmware 1.02 and have no idea how to make this happen

Thanks to everyone for great work!
    ******* Dallas Nights *******

Are these (from the First Post) not simple enough?

Not trying to be a wise @$$.

If they aren't then Ill write up something more descriptive.
    Also if you do need more info. Tell me how you will be modding. SSH (FUGU,CYBERDUCK) iBricker, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    After reading and understanding the code method and structure of the Celestial Framework. I've written my own modded file and have noticed ALLOT of difference..

P.S. First delete the existing files and then upload the new ones. Backup the originals, if you'd like

Test Experiment: (Thanks stlcaddie)
    If you want to see a difference download beatphone.app listen to the pads with the volume all the way up....then do this com.apple.celestrial replacement as instructed. Then go back to the beatphone.app and listen to how loud the pads are now.

Test the following: Please note that the iPhone has only ONE speaker (on the bottom left, the other is the MIC
    • Ringtones (Covert your ringtones to MONO, for optimum sound)
    • Speakerphone (Loudness Confirmed: Once again single speaker so can't expect much)
    • Headset (Loudness: Confirmed)
    • Bluetooth (Loudness: Confirmed)
    • Receiver (Clarity with less distortion: Confirmed)

Things you'll notice:
    1). DialPad is louder
    2). Speaker, Ringtone, Headset, Receiver, Speakerphone volumes are noticeable.
    3). System Sounds are louder
    4). Test the YouTube video sounds

Install Instructions:
    1). Copy the com.apple.celestial.plist file to /var/root/Library/Preferences/
    2). Copy the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
    3). Goto Settings > iPod > (switch off: Sound Check)
    4). Reboot your iPhone.

iVolume1.2_NormalDialPad.zip file has been attached - Use this MOD if you find the DialPad volume very HIGH with the first MOD (iVolume1.2.zip).

Original SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1abie

Update: Add iVolume v1.3, which is the latest code change to the files. It's still in experimental phase, please test and comment. Thanks to NVMY4N for the contribution.

*** Please keep this thread updated with your post/reviews/comments ***
    Last edited by NVMY4N; 10-14-2007 at 09:17 PM.

Transformers Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

"300" Movie Sound Pack for your iPhone-HERE

If you are helped, use the button. It's a much better stat than a post count.

Thank you so much, ok I want to use Ibrickr so how do i uplaod your files to the system to make it louder, and if ibrikr is not the easiest then what is

Thanks again

Thanks

Ygpm

Default transferring files
    If you do not know how to transfer the files to their appropriate directories then this is my attempt to help you -

First, I was like you just yesterday so don't take me to be an expert, just stubbornly willing to read for hours about things I don't understand.

I just discovered that the version of iBrickr that I used for freeing my iPhone (version 0.91) does give access to the file system on the iphone. Click on "files" and you get a file manager where you can navigate, create folders, upload files and delete some files. It won't let you delete certain files, which is probably good except that if you click on one of these files you get an oddly placed download option and no way to back out of it besides closing iBrickr.

I used WinSCP (windows) to transfer the mod files from this thread. I used
    the instructions at http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho...indows_74.html for setting the phone up with what it needs to work with WinSCP - installed AppTapp, OpenBSD Subsystem, OpenSSH, and Ulctl. Then moved on to http://www.hacktheiphone.com/74/ipho...indows_74.html and did everything on that page for downloading and using WinSCP.

From what I understand, OpenSSH is to make the phone a server and WinSCP is to interact with it which allows you to access the file system via wi-fi.

There is a simalar method for OS X outlined on this site here:

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Usi..._X_with_iPhone

Hope this helps.

Installed iVolume 1.2 = dial pad very loud
    Installed iVolume 1.3 (skipped iVolume1.2_NormalDialPad) = headset volume much improved, but overall sound quality suffers from static, maybe was already like that I really hadn't done much testing other than discovering the headset volume was way too low after unlocking. At least that is fixed. Very happy about that Headphone volume is way too loud when turned all the way up (headset requires full volume, but then it is plenty loud). No big deal it's easy to turn down with the volume buttons. Headphone sound quality does not suffer from static. Most importantly, thank you very much helping me make this thing usable as a headset.
    Last edited by Adsum; 10-14-2007 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I know nothing about windows for the iphone. Sounds like you know what you are doing......good job.

OOh loving 1.3.

Could you put more research into sound clarity!? I know its just one small speaker, but older phones with one speaker have pretty decent loud sounds. Like the Sony Ericson's!

THANKS for the mod!
    myRepoSpace.com - Easily create your own Cydia Repo.

so whats officially changed from 1.2 to 1.3?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LimitedEditioniPhone_com View Post
    so whats officially changed from 1.2 to 1.3?
    I believe adding the Integer value of 5 give each module, for e.g. Speakerphone the unveil it's maximum volume limit in spite of the harcoded volume restrictions or binary changes happening in the subsystem.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

docomar (10-15-2007)

how to delete the existing files? i don`t have the delete button in the ibrickr. and with iphoneinterface i don`t know the command.

I didn't delete the existing file , I just replaced it with the new one..iBrickr doesn't give u an option to delete that file...I asume it just overwrites with the new one..apparently it worked since I do notice a difference in sound volume with system sounds, but not so much on speakerphone volume.

i don's see any diference with my earspeaker volume. is this because i didn't remove the screen protection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rotterro View Post
    i don's see any diference with my earspeaker volume. is this because i didn't remove the screen protection?
    You only need to remove the plastic over the Receiver area, or install the iPhone screen protector.

Quote Originally Posted by mofolo
    OOh loving 1.3.

Could you put more research into sound clarity!? I know its just one small speaker, but older phones with one speaker have pretty decent loud sounds. Like the Sony Ericson's!

THANKS for the mod!
    Sony Ericsson uses dual Stereo speakers, even with their mono ones, they haven't hardcoded the volume limit. Secondly, Sony Ericsson provides with one powerful Sony Stereo speaker, whereas iPhone has mono speaker. Stevy wants everyone to use their headphones (which are the most brilliant piece of hardware I've ever come across).

Quote Originally Posted by TOYVAN
    I didn't delete the existing file , I just replaced it with the new one..iBrickr doesn't give u an option to delete that file...I asume it just overwrites with the new one..apparently it worked since I do notice a difference in sound volume with system sounds, but not so much on speakerphone volume.
    /

iBrickr gives you the option to delete, just Mark All the text on the left screen of the "Fake iPhone" image and drag your mouse down further to see the "Download" & "Delete" options.
    Last edited by ReVan; 10-15-2007 at 02:52 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ReVan For This Useful Post:

docomar (10-15-2007)

Amazing, Ufff The Dial Pad That's Is Loud I Used The Fixing File Because It Were To Loud I Note Some Important Change In The Speaker In The Fixing File Because In The First It's Lower But Increase A Litlleeee Bit Not To Much I Would Like To Have The Speaker Performing As The Dialpad In The First File Thanks For Your Work Keep Going, Please Make The Speaker Performance Better Just Focus In That Because Every Thing Is Ok Thanks Again From El Salvador, Central America. Regards

yes my friend when i had the plastic on i didn't hear anything i always used speaker when i used that plastic if you are loockin only for the ear performing just take that plastic off and you'll notice the diference with out this mod but this mod the fixing mode specially give a little performing in speaker and in the ear soun too
    Last edited by noar; 10-15-2007 at 03:25 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Headphone volume is definitely much louder, however, the volume from the receiver doesn't appear to be any louder. This is my main gripe. Anyone else experiencing this?

Ok I figured out how to use Ibrikr, deleted the 2 files, replaced with the ones menitioned and see no difference in the Sound from Speaker or headset, can someone help do we need to modify the files and if so can someone post those good ones that make volume loud on speaker and earpiece, thanks all this is great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by NVMY4N View Post
    To add to the above post.

Delete the two files FIRST don't just copy them onto the phone and select the option of overwrite.....

Why

I don't know, it's in the instructions on the OP and that's exactly what I did.

As for the max vol. before it explodes :shrug: on my files that I sent to ReVan
    some were set to 4.5 and 5 on the SystemMaxVol.
    and I think I set some onthe other file to 1.5 and 2

My intentions of modding the Files were to possible make the Ringtone Louder - and the Headset louder.

I changed a few others slightly from 3.5 to 4. just going up in small increments - re booting the phone and testing. then increasing. I stopped at 5, it was getting late
    regarding on your above instructions in red, i can't seems to be able to delete them.
    the option 'delete' went way out from ibrick, even 'download' is right at the bottom of the screen.
    any advise, sir?
    many thanks.

[EDIT] i got it up, but everything sounds so normal to me.
    Last edited by lollypop; 10-15-2007 at 09:32 AM.

did not notice any increase with any volumes....

Drag the file or click on it and the delete option shows up, how can we edit plist file

Thanks

U need to DL a .plist editor

Quote Originally Posted by leaken View Post
    did not notice any increase with any volumes....
    then maybe u did it wrong???

Others have noticed a difference so that would be my guess

When comparing to original iphone .plist there are differences

As ReVan stated: this isnt perfect..... DL at your discretion.
    Last edited by NVMY4N; 10-15-2007 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NVMY4N For This Useful Post:

dkny (10-25-2007), docomar (10-15-2007), pdgautam (11-05-2007)

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 15 ... LastLast