Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HACK] Volume/Speakerphone/Ringtone Loudness for v1.0.2

I have played with these files and values especially the "com.apple.celestial.list". What I have noticed is that phone resets the values to lowest levels when phone does not like these numbers. I tried to change the values to 3 or 4 (max). Phone changes these values to defaults (which are very low in volume) when ever it felt uncomfortable I guess.

All being said, There is definately gain in the volume atleast of 20%.

Note: for example receiver volume can never be more than "1" and speaker I've tried 3 for phone and audio/video. But then I played video on YouTube and then checked the file again then value is 1. I don't think we could do much here with this file I think phone is helping us in a way that you cannot overboard with these numbers and screw up the hardware.

Dhanamjay which files did you use, did you put this on 1.1 firmware phone, please share, thanks

I see 1.12 is released on this board, anyone try the volume files on this to see if they are louder, please advise and share on this thread if you have, thanks all
    Last edited by dallasnights; 11-09-2007 at 07:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

er... how about if i want to restore my orginal sound back? cuz use this, cant change EQ in ipod..

VERY cool mod Revan - love it!

Ive been wanting to upgrade to 1.1.1 because of this volume issue but now there's no reason to!

Thanks so much!

It works! (i'm on 1.0.2)
    Last edited by meichow; 11-09-2007 at 09:50 AM.

er... how about if i want to restore my orginal sound back? cuz use this, cant change EQ in ipod.. how to backup?

Do It Work in 1.1.1 iPhone ..

Or its only foe 1.0.2 ?

Any new updates, anyone extract the volume files from 1.12 and try that, please advise we are all wondering and hoping for a volume fix in 1.1, thanks all

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReVan View Post
    After reading and understanding the code method and structure of the Celestial Framework. I've written my own modded file and have noticed ALLOT of difference..

P.S. First delete the existing files and then upload the new ones. Backup the originals, if you'd like

Test Experiment: (Thanks stlcaddie)
    If you want to see a difference download beatphone.app listen to the pads with the volume all the way up....then do this com.apple.celestrial replacement as instructed. Then go back to the beatphone.app and listen to how loud the pads are now.

Test the following: Please note that the iPhone has only ONE speaker (on the bottom left, the other is the MIC
    • Ringtones (Covert your ringtones to MONO, for optimum sound)
    • Speakerphone (Loudness Confirmed: Once again single speaker so can't expect much)
    • Headset (Loudness: Confirmed)
    • Bluetooth (Loudness: Confirmed)
    • Receiver (Clarity with less distortion: Confirmed)

Things you'll notice:
    1). DialPad is louder
    2). Speaker, Ringtone, Headset, Receiver, Speakerphone volumes are noticeable.
    3). System Sounds are louder
    4). Test the YouTube video sounds

Install Instructions:
    1). Copy the com.apple.celestial.plist file to /var/root/Library/Preferences/
    2). Copy the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
    3). Goto Settings > iPod > (switch off: Sound Check)
    4). Reboot your iPhone.

iVolume1.2_NormalDialPad.zip file has been attached - Use this MOD if you find the DialPad volume very HIGH with the first MOD (iVolume1.2.zip).

Original SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/i1abie

Update: Add iVolume v1.3, which is the latest code change to the files. It's still in experimental phase, please test and comment. Thanks to NVMY4N for the contribution.

*** Please keep this thread updated with your post/reviews/comments ***
    if u can make more updates please

Im using IVolume 1.3 and the music over the headphones is frikking LOUD and is not even 1/3 of the volume .lots of bass,thanks.

i dont understand this should be a popular thread!!!! many people have 1.1.1 and i cant see how anyone is satisfied with there speaker volume???? is there anyone that knows how to do this on 1.1.1

it's not binary is it

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

the thing is that i need a stable firm first,,,iam messing with 1.1.2 now grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!.but yes the vol fixes that involve the systemsoundmaxium.plist can still be modded to you likeing but you will NOT notice an increase on your speakerphone on phone calls..and the the regionalvolumelimits.plist that iam attaching you can change the values up too..change these values to 1 or above.all of these modd are done in the System/library/frameworks/celestial.frameworks!!!!!this is for firm 1.1.1 and 1.1.2
    Last edited by jedinight; 11-14-2007 at 11:39 AM.

Moderator / DRP Dev Team jedinight's Avatar
    Thanks

Default regionalvolumelimits.plist STOCK NOT MODDED
    the sys sound that iam attaching it to my liking fell free to use it

ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL.PLISTS BEFORE MODDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

your wording is very confusing what is the difference between these files and the 1.3 posted above and what volumes are we actually changing with these files. I am really only interested in the speaker volume and or ear piece.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by roger505 View Post
    i dont understand this should be a popular thread!!!! many people have 1.1.1 and i cant see how anyone is satisfied with there speaker volume???? is there anyone that knows how to do this on 1.1.1
    U DONT KNOW? I will tell You! coz still there are a lot of 1.0.2 users. AND MOST OF THE IPHONE USERS have problem in their sound. SO now WHY DO U THINK THEY NEED TO READ THIS thread...and why do u think that you are posting in this thread? now u know

Will this work on 1.1 and will this solve the problem? Has anyone got 1.2 on their phone and can you share the files here for Volume to see if that fixes it?

Default Iphone self restore
    Quote Originally Posted by theone77 View Post
    if u can make more updates please
    I installed the files in the right folders but, com.apple.celestial.plist is self restored to the original one after reboot.
    No problem instead with the SystemSoundMaximum.plist
    (originals have been deleted, not replaced)

Anybody can help or explain?

thanks

does this work with 1.1.1? it seems like the receiver is distorted or something when you make the volume high.

anyone?
    Last edited by kyle sti; 11-15-2007 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

How do I go about doing step one???

Install Instructions:
    1). Copy the com.apple.celestial.plist file to /var/root/Library/Preferences/
    2). Copy the SystemSoundMaximumVolume.plist file to /System/Library/Frameworks/Celestial.framework/
    3). Goto Settings > iPod > (switch off: Sound Check)
    4). Reboot your iPhone.

Use WINSCP and go to that folder and drag and drop, more info in the forum do a search for WINSCP

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast