Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable EDGE? (Will pay $10 USD if you can help)

Default Disable EDGE? (Will pay $10 USD if you can help)
    How to disable EDGE? I dont have dataplan and I use ATT, and have my iphone activated. I am using FMW 1.1.1

I heard you go to SETTINGS> Carriers> and disable edge there, but I dont have that option.

Please dont tell me how good EDGE is, I just dont want it.

I will pay $10 if you can help me figure this out VIA paypal.

Downgrade to 1.0.2, install Installer.app, then Services.app, and use it to flip the switch on Edge permanently. Done.

...and you can donate the $10 to MMi.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jwcrash For This Useful Post:

ugotpwned5 (10-06-2007)

A donation to MMi would be nice =]
    Or to the Dev Team..

I was told by quite a few people to not upgrade because of some handle reason.

I got the phone about 3 weeks ago from someone else so i dont think it shiiped with 1.1.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by woox View Post
    Please dont tell me how good EDGE is, I just dont want it.
    Tell you how good it is? EDGE is crap! Gimme Wifi anyday.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Eurisko For This Useful Post:

jwcrash (10-06-2007)

I was told by quite a few people to not upgrade because of some handle reason.

I got the phone about 3 weeks ago from someone else so i dont think it shiiped with 1.1.1
    If you havent updated it yet... meaning you dont have 1.1.1; you can tell by plugging your phone in while your in itunes, and it will say whether or not your firmware is up to date and will ask you to update it. If it asks you, DONT UPDATE. Then do what jwcrash said... and give the money to MMi.
    All is... so Accept and Just Be

Quote Originally Posted by Eurisko View Post
    Tell you how good it is? EDGE is crap! Gimme Wifi anyday.
    Word. I have yet to meet an EDGE "enthusiast".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

just call att tell em you want to disable your internet cause you keep hittin the button or sumthin...its that easy...i did it..and i cant get on edge it says cant find server or sumthin like that....still get wifi and everything too...

Thanks

You could also just blank out the information in the EDGE settings, that way it has no authorization to connect to anything.

I dont even have a option to "configure" edge as other people have.

Does that mean I dont have it? I was testing out my phone today and it showed a "E" next to ATT when away form hotspot, not sure if it loaded anything up though...does that mean it dosnt charge me?

Thanks

I dont even have a option to "configure" edge as other people have.

Does that mean I dont have it? I was testing out my phone today and it showed a "E" next to ATT when away form hotspot, not sure if it loaded anything up though...does that mean it dosnt charge me?
    You need to go to Settings -> General -> Network -> EDGE

You'll see APN, Username and Password. Remove them all.

You need to go to Settings -> General -> Network -> EDGE

You'll see APN, Username and Password. Remove them all.
    Ok I went there and this is all I see:

VPN (off)
    Wi-Fi
    Data Roaming (off)

No edge whatsoever...(this is what I was told before and didnt understand why).

So you don't have EDGE on this screen?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_90012.jpg  

best way is just to call at&t and ask. i did the same thing

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Oxygen View Post
    How did you get that screen to appear? I would like to know bacause there are some times that I don't want edge on. I have f/w 1.1.1 and I was looking forward to that option in the update. So what gives?

Thanks guys

Zman

No see i dont have that option thats weird. I have the other 2 as well but not the EDGE one.

I dont know what to call ATT and ask because I dont even see the option for it lol. So any ideas?

So I think we are getting somewhere I aprecaite all the help (for the money lol).

Edit: Also I should clarify my current ATT sim card I use is NOT activated because I didnt want the data plan. When I bought it used the previous seller left his sim there, activated. What I did was I swapped the sim while phone was on, with my ATT sima nd it worked fine and service works as long as I dont restart/shutdown my iphone then I have to swap again to make the trick work because the phone would read insert itunes crap for activation. I would like to know is there a way to activate phone on 1.1.1 yet or is it "in da works"?

Edit2: Will this activate my simcard the REAL way on 1.1.1?
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...r_windows.html
    or
    http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...intel_mac.html

He dosnt mention a FMW really just recent, so i am guessing 1.0.2 (I use ATT not Cing)

Sorry for DP, but I went away form WiFi hotspot, and my phone automaticlly went to EDGE, and I tried going to google.com, and it did go through, so edge is working right now on my phone, but I dont have the options to configure it as you showed in your screenshot.

What should I do now?

Should I try to activate my phone the real way (instead of SIM SWAP), get data plan and call the next day and cancel it saying I sold my phone?
    Last edited by woox; 10-07-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

No see i dont have that option thats weird. I have the other 2 as well but not the EDGE one.
    If your iPhone is locked into AT&T, its very likely the option to change EDGE parameters has been taken away from you, so it doesn't show up. Many settings on the iPhone don't even show up (like Carrier) until you unlock the phone.

If your iPhone is locked into AT&T, its very likely the option to change EDGE parameters has been taken away from you, so it doesn't show up. Many settings on the iPhone don't even show up (like Carrier) until you unlock the phone.
    Ah that might explain it, so I can disable EDGE that way if I unlock my iPhone? I am fairly sure th at there isnt a way to do this on 1.1.1 yet...

Or should I just downgrade from 1.1.1? I dont think it shipped with 1.1.1 because its about 3 weeks old.

Thanks

Unfortunately, if your iPhone was at version 1.1.1 at any time, you won't be able to unlock it no matter what you do (yet). The Dev team is working on a baseband crack so 1.1.1 phone can be unlocked.

Unfortunately, if your iPhone was at version 1.1.1 at any time, you won't be able to unlock it no matter what you do (yet). The Dev team is working on a baseband crack so 1.1.1 phone can be unlocked.
    Oh that is sweet is there any current time frame or do you know how close the hackers are to this? I know a TIFF was discovered recently running the unassigned code so hopefully around the corner..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast