Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform

Thanks
    Thanked 4,977 Times in 1,978 Posts

My SBHTML theme needed Widget Weather for localization reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    My SBHTML theme needed Widget Weather for localization reasons.
    I'm with Simon on this one. It's very unlikely Widget Weather itself causes any lag per the responses I've heard from others on 7.1.2 and using WW -- but it's the widget you're using - WHEN it's getting info from WW's xml that could cause lag depending on how the widget's written. And the jury's still out on how well certain animations are doing in the 7.1.2 environment. But all Widget Weather does it report a set of coordinates to an xml file that the widget refers to for info 'once' and then not again until your position changes.

The only way WW could be in the equation is if in its use of Location services when COnstant Mode is on - is somehow introducing more memory drain. Hard to imagine.. But anything's possible in the jailbreak world as KoH always tell me.. LOL!!

Try setting WW to SEMI mode and tell me if you experience the lag..

Thanks

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    I could do all that but I really don't care that much. iOS 7 is the first time I really ever tried widgets (except DasboardX for quick Toggles). I'm not into widgets like everyone else so not having it is fine w/ me.

For fun, though, here's my Pref Bundle list. I also have:
    - Cloaky
    - Fascy
    - Transparent Dock
    - No Page Dots
    - Exchange Unlock
    - PreferenceOrganizer7
    - vWallpaper (not using this right now)

Last edited by thazsar; 07-12-2014 at 11:12 AM.

Default SBHTML: SpringBoard HTML Wallpaper Platform
    Quote Originally Posted by thazsar View Post
    I could do all that but I really don't care that much. iOS 7 is the first time I really ever tried widgets (except DasboardX for quick Toggles). I'm not into widgets like everyone else so not having it is fine w/ me.

For fun, though, here's my Pref Bundle list. I also have:
    - Cloaky
    - Fascy
    - Transparent Dock
    - No Page Dots
    - Exchange Unlock
    - PreferenceOrganizer7
    - vWallpaper (not using this right now)
    Very interesting - I have close to 30 tweaks loaded. But only 5 of the ones you list there do we have in common. So I'm quite sure that somewhere in that list is your culprit and it has nothing at all to do with WidgetWeather or SBHTML. Because I'm rock stable with no lag as are most others on 7.1.2 that I've been following in the last couple of weeks.

But as you say… Widgets on your springboard are not a big thing for u. So may not be worth the effort doing the troubleshooting. All good!

Though I'd love for you to humor me and turn off all mobile substrates except mobile safety, SBHTML and WidgetWeather and see if you experience any lag.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 483 Posts

I have had a complaint from a user running 7.1.1 on an iPad 2 complaining of bad lag and crashing with my main project NextGenUI; running iLex restore completely resolved all issues for him while iCleaner and generally disabling tweaks would not. May well be issues going deeper than simply mobile substrate?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

kristatos (07-12-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    I have had a complaint from a user running 7.1.1 on an iPad 2 complaining of bad lag and crashing with my main project NextGenUI; running iLex restore completely resolved all issues for him while iCleaner and generally disabling tweaks would not. May well be issues going deeper than simply mobile substrate?
    Possibly, but I did a clean restore for 7.1.1 before upgrading to 7.1.2. I didn't have much crap stored on my device in that small timeframe. Regardless, I love the idea of SBHTML but I just don't 'have' to have it to be content! I'm good either way

Great tweak

Thanks
    Thanked 8,874 Times in 2,731 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zooropalg View Post
    Great tweak
    Great theme.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

@erayser Hey man, I'm hoping you could help me with this. Whenever I choose anything besides timed walls I get this white line on both sides of the SB. ImageUploadedByModMyi1406218410.029168.jpg

I just found this today and wow! Just a couple of questions, are the following currently possible or maybe planned for the future?

Detecting touch locations?
    Detecting springboard page?
    Detecting springboard scroll amount?

Now back to thinking up a nice wallpaper to make

Quote Originally Posted by spinal_cord View Post
    I just found this today and wow! Just a couple of questions, are the following currently possible or maybe planned for the future?

Detecting touch locations?
    No, not practical. Use iWidgets for that.

Detecting springboard page?
    Like for use with spring jumps? Possibly

Detecting springboard scroll amount?
    Possibly

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Thanks
    Thanked 4,879 Times in 923 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Here's a few quick videos showing off some various ones:

DCL Slideshow w/ weather option
    How i can change the Picture Animations ?

Thanks !

Thanks
    Thanked 23,569 Times in 4,687 Posts

Hi GroovyC,

Is it possible to add cycript support into SBHTML like you have in GroovyLock?
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 07-31-2014 at 10:09 AM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-31-2014), NewD (07-31-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 483 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Nicoll View Post
    Hi GroovyC,

Is it possible to add cycript support into SBHTML like you have in GroovyLock?
    Hi Ian, I did put a build together but since SBHTML lacked touch I figured I would leave it for a while since I already get complaints about GroovyLock instability since I added cycript and touch support. I am working on the issues described in your UniAW thread and would appreciate any input you have to offer. As it stands I'm trying to hit every bird with one stone, but willing to invest the time

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (07-31-2014), bliken (07-31-2014), Krima (07-31-2014), menard_00 (08-03-2014), NewD (07-31-2014), RKO1195 (07-31-2014), tito12 (08-01-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 23,569 Times in 4,687 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hi Ian, I did put a build together but since SBHTML lacked touch I figured I would leave it for a while since I already get complaints about GroovyLock instability since I added cycript and touch support. I am working on the issues described in your UniAW thread and would appreciate any input you have to offer. As it stands I'm trying to hit every bird with one stone, but willing to invest the time
    It's so hard trying to please everybody, no matter what we inventors do there will always be negative input from people, we just have to accept that.

The whole argument about clogging up the settings pane, well... maybe in the distant future, but at this time I don't think it's an issue (my opinion only) and very viable option at present, who knows what will happen after IOS8.

Like I said in the UniAW thread, I believe the best way for configuring widget options is to include a small settings icon in the widget that when tapped will bring up an options screen (via a plist file I guess), user makes the changes and hits a "Respring" button for them to take effect. No cluttering, no code input for users.

Lets take a day or two to think about things, rash decisions are usually the wrong ones.

All the best pal.

Ian.
    Last edited by <Ian Nicoll/>; 07-31-2014 at 09:50 PM.

"If it's not broken, I'll fix it till it is"

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to <Ian Nicoll/> For This Useful Post:

NewD (07-31-2014), tito12 (08-01-2014)

Well stated, Ian. I agree fully. Settings Panes would be convenient but ultimately clog the Settings.app in my opinion. Your 2nd idea there - a pop up settings in the widgets is a much better plan in my view and is along the lines with what Jake is suggesting as an alternative to a settings preference pane. So I think you and Jake are thinking alike.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to NewD For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (07-31-2014)

PreferenceTag can be used to clean up settings.app, by allowing you to create folders in preferences.

Credit goes to Gunny29 for telling me about this.

Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-31-2014 at 10:18 PM.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to June'sIphone For This Useful Post:

<Ian Nicoll/> (08-01-2014), kristatos (08-01-2014), NewD (08-01-2014)

Well Preference Tag would certainly solve my clutter issue. Though the things Jake is thinking about for how to replace config.js seem the best overall approach. I'm just glad we're looking for an alternative to config.js. However the devs end up taking us.

Cloaky does the samething

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bombmom For This Useful Post:

ottozuts (08-01-2014)

Page 35 of 55 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 45 ... LastLast