Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget Question

Default HTC Animated Weather Widget Question
    I have downloaded the app from modmyi repo and it works great, I can set the time format, select location, select real feel, etc.

What i would like to know is if it is possible to allow for this widget to adjust to location like the apple weather app.

for example, if I am in one place, lets say a city, then drive to city b the widget would show me weather in my new location, city b.

Thanks in advance.
    rc193

iPhone? More like MyPhone Jaybell4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Just now an update was distributed by cydia on this app. see if that fixes your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybell4444 View Post
    Just now an update was distributed by cydia on this app. see if that fixes your problem.
    i have installed it and now it seems as if the app is broken, only displaying the time.

Are you referring to this widget?
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1396824815.043156.jpg

As I have asked the same question to the developer and he said that he didn't know how to have the widget incorporate widget weather.
    I have tried looking into the plist and everything for the widget but to be honest I don't have a clue what I'm doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Are you referring to this widget?
    ImageUploadedByModMyi1396824815.043156.jpg

As I have asked the same question to the developer and he said that he didn't know how to have the widget incorporate widget weather.
    I have tried looking into the plist and everything for the widget but to be honest I don't have a clue what I'm doing lol
    Yes this widget, I'd love for it to change locations as I do.

For the time being you have to manually enter the location woeid when you tap and hold on springboard.
    Use google to find your woeid
    I am currently trying to modify the widget myself to get it to use widget weather location info but I've no idea how to do it
    Last edited by ryanDC; 04-07-2014 at 06:33 PM.

For the time being you have to manually enter the location woeid when you tap and hold on springboard.
    Use google to find your woeid
    I am currently trying to modify the widget myself to get it to use widget weather location info but I've no idea how to do it
    Ryan,

Come to the WW thread from the link in my signature and we can help you. I believe that GPS versions of this already exist.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ryan,

Come to the WW thread from the link in my signature and we can help you. I believe that GPS versions of this already exist.
    King, I can't as I'm using the modmyi app, but I have recently asked this question in the widget weather thread.

King, I can't as I'm using the modmyi app, but I have recently asked this question in the widget weather thread.
    I've had these hanging around for a bit. They have been 'Frankensteined' together from different snippets of widget code created by all the usual suspects (Dacal, the Durben, to name a few). I have made minor modifications to the digit images and some of the code, though, it's been so long I don't remember where, actually. They are not an exact duplicate of what you have pictured, however, I think you will find the digit animations to be a closer match to the actual HTC widget.

Grab them here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%20Widgets.zip
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-14-2014 at 04:27 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

ryanDC (04-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    I've had these hanging around for a bit. They have been 'Frankensteined' together from different snippets of widget code created by all the usual suspects (Dacal, the Durben, to name a few). I have made minor modifications to the digit images and some of the code, though, it's been so long I don't remember where, actually. They are not an exact duplicate of what you have pictured, however, I think you will find the digit animations to be a closer match to the actual HTC widget.

Grab them here:

Good man, this is looking good. Uses widget weather location.
    Now can you tell me exactly where in your widget does it tell it to use widget weather location info, and is it easy to transfer the instruction to a non WW widget like the one I screenshoted a while ago?

If not then is it possible to get weather animations onto the widget of yours?

Grab them here:

Do you mind if I look and maybe clean up and make a nice one?

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Do you mind if I look and maybe clean up and make a nice one?
    BY ALL MEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't spend nearly as much time as I probably should on these boards nor in the study of HTML, CSS, and Javasripting. You guys are far more adept at this sort of thing than I am. Just a heads up...I could never get the 24 hr mode for the animated flipclock to work properly. The coding is there (I think) but there must be something missing from the logic (based on other snippets of similar code I've seen). Please share once you've made a proper widget out of it

To Ryan:

As I indicated to King, I'm not really a coding guru, therefore, a lot of where I think stuff is going on is guess work at best. I am fairly decent at splicing stuff together to get things to work (sort of). King has indicated he will make a better version of this widget. I have every confidence he will do just that!

In answer to your question...YES...you can get weather animations applied to most of the HTML based widgets. As you are no doubt aware, they are AWESOME. I tend to stay away from them, though, as the battery drain on my aging iPhone 5 is significant. In addition...since I have to have a passcode set in order to access my work email, animation based widgets (when applied to the lockscreen) always crash my phone.

Well sounds like there is some work in progress here. I use the widget on my springboard and only have intelliscreenx on my lockscreen.
    I would love to have ago at modding widgets myself but understanding all the code is something I'm not good at, to be honest I'm useless.
    I'm much happier asking a question or request, and then if and when people answer like yourself and king. I give massive credit for people taking time to do the code work for me. If I could buy everyone who's made something or modified something for me a coffee or a pint then I gladly would until my bank balance was 0

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-14-2014)

One of the great things about the code gurus here is they are very helpful and provide a lot of this stuff for FREE. I always do my best to support their efforts by purchasing some of the widgets they upload to Cydia. I have even sent money (just because) to the ones that provide a Paypal account. It gives them an incentive (I think) to bring us new and exciting content, much of it (as indicated earlier) for free.

BTW...I'm not sure if you use "iWidgetTapper". This is an awesome little tweak that was developed (I think) by the guy who contributed to the Widget Weather project. It allows you to set "hotspots" on a widget to open an app of your choosing. I use it (along with the widgets I uploaded earlier) to open the Yahoo weather app and the stock 'Clock' app as outlined in the following image:

-img_2461.png

The green sections are the hotspots. The section that does not have a green highlight allows me to show the forecast function built into the widget.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-14-2014 at 06:10 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-14-2014)

King:

Please let me know if the following request is out of line, too difficult to pull off, or posted in the wrong thread (I didn't really want to create a new thread). It seems to me I emailed one of the other code gurus (I don't remember which one) with a similar request but did not get a reply. I assume (maybe) my request may have been out of line. I have no problem compensating anyone who can pull it off, which I probably should have made clear to the other coder.

At any rate...I used to be a fan of the 'Forecast' tweak by David B. Ashman. As you are no doubt aware, it conflicts with Widget Weather. Email requests to have him look at the issue went unanswered (I think you may have had a similar experience). I liked the tweak because it had a stock weather app feel to it. I have seen other lockscreen widgets sort of copy the layout of the stock weather app (with animations, even) but none (that I'm aware of) that has its exact layout. I decided to give it a go myself...with limited success.

I started with the WW_Forecast_iWidget as a base and arranged it as follows:

-img_2462.png

I wanted to be able to tap the temp/city region of the widget to have the forecast slide in from the right. In addition, I wanted to be able to touch the time/date region to have a calendar displayed (also sliding in from the right). Ideally, once the calendar is displayed, you would be able to advance the month forward or backward.

Here's what tapping on the temp/city region produces:

-img_2463.png

As you can see, the layout pretty much matches the stock weather app minus the hourly forecast (getting the 'Today' to show in a different color was a little tricky...I'm sure you'll laugh when you see how I did it). Tapping that little arrow in the upper right corner causes the forecast to slide out. I was unable to get hourly forecast working.

This is sort of how tapping the clock/date region should look (ideally it would have the same tinted background as the forecast and, hopefully, the ability to advance the month):

-img_2464.png

I grabbed code from different widgets out there (primarily The Durben's DB_WidgetWeather_iOS7) but can't seem to pull it all together. Is this something you think you could pull off? Please keep in mind, this would be without weather animations (they crash my phone).

I have inlcuded 2 test widgets in various degrees of working order (one of them does not have touch enabled for the clock/date region). Grab them here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ockWeather.zip

A quick note...one of the widgets has calendar code in it that I haven't removed (I think it's in the HTML). It doesn't work, obviously, but I didn't want it to throw you. Also...you will need to move the widget around to get it aligned properly. Do this from the forecast screen.

Let me know. Thanks
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-14-2014 at 10:35 PM.

I won't really comment on the Forecast tweak, but I can assure you that Ashman has no plans of working with us nor do I with him. We made an exact widget of his tweak too. Just because we could. Haha!

The animation issues you have on your LS are because you are using the wrong method of displaying it. I'm assuming that you are using LHTML3. It's not a bad tweak at all, but Convergance works much better! You can even use a passcode too.

http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=831092

I am currently working on WidgetWeather 2.0 amongst other projects. I want to get this HTC widget done so that there is a good copy out there. This is always asked for, so I want a good one to post on the OP of the WW thread and maybe on Cydia.

I will need to digest your post above and see what I can do. I don't take donations, but if you like to, please donate to the WW dev for all his work.

I'll be in touch, give me a little time. No promises yet.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-14-2014 at 11:31 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (04-15-2014)

Thank you sir! No pressure or obligation. I'm thrilled you're considering it.

Yes...I am using LockHTML3. Never heard of Convergence. I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I thought there was a group of developers (including you) that worked/are working on WW. I will donate to all involved...just let me know who.

Thank you sir! No pressure or obligation. I'm thrilled you're considering it.

Yes...I am using LockHTML3. Never heard of Convergence. I will definitely look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

I thought there was a group of developers (including you) that worked/are working on WW. I will donate to all involved...just let me know who.
    Yes, I am the lead on the WW team, but we give credit to the dev that writes the code. I'll post a link to his PP account.

I'm happy with not having an interactive widget,
    I just like the animations
    Be good to see what you guys manage to come up with, I'll gladly donate to both of you and include enough money to cover the paypal transaction fees

Hello all, any progress on this?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast