Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget Question

Quote Originally Posted by Splatty79 View Post
    @koh: hey mate were u going to release this to the public? Is there any chance u could send it to me to have a play with?

Keep up the awesome work mate!

You got PM

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

2. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Splatty79 (05-15-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Splatty79's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    You got PM
    Thanks a lot man!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-15-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Splatty79's Avatar
    Thanks

ImageUploadedByModMyi1400207579.000780.jpg

Looking great thanks king!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Splatty79 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-15-2014)

Have you been able to correct the animations to be full screen semi or none?

Sorry bro, I've been bouncing between projects. I promise that I have not forgotten this. I have them working separately, but when I combine them that's when it goes wrong. Worst case, I can send them to you split up and you can place them individually for now. Just a temp fix.

Whatever you feel comfortable doing my man.

Has anyone else got a problem with the app displaying an error message when opening the modmyi app on iphone?

Get the updated version in the App Store.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

ryanDC (05-21-2014)

Get the updated version in the App Store.
    Thanks king never noticed there was an update waiting to be installed lol

It actually just came out earlier today. Your question was just good timing.

...I've been bouncing between projects. I promise that I have not forgotten this.
    Hey King...how's it going, bro? Was wondering if you were still messing around with this. You had mentioned (early on) that as soon as you had made a 'proper' widget out of it you would post it for the general public. I assume since it hasn't been posted you are still working on it. If this is the case...I have 1 or 2 requests with regard to the Forecast Plus LS widget.

I have recently been playing around with SBHTML. Fantastic work! I had no idea animated springboard backgrounds were possible (my habit of not spending enough time around here has left me in the dark once again) on older versions of iOS. Kudos to GroovyCarrot for getting this working on iOS 7. I have been using Dacal's 'Animations_Only_SBHTML_v2.6'. It is truly impressive. It got me thinking if it was possible to have the background for the forecast page in the Forecast Plus LS widget change with respect to the current weather/time of day. Let me explain...currently when the forecast page is brought up, the background is a dimmed transparency. How difficult would it be to have the background display the iOS 7 weather images (day_clear, day_cloud, night_clear, night_cloud, etc.) instead? Keep in mind...this would be without the heavy animations (rain, lightning, wiper, etc.) as they are a problem for me due to the fact I have to have a passcode set. It seems as though the programming for this is already in place with the weatherwalls function. Using the weatherwalls function, however, changes the backgrounds for the entire widget. I only want it for the forecast page of the widget. Does this make sense?

Another request is with respect to sunrise/sunset. This seems as though it would be quite a bit trickier to pull off. I'm sure you are familiar with the stock weather app. As you know it displays sunrise/sunset icons/times in the hourly forecast. How difficult/possible would it be to add this to the Forecast Plus LS widget? Please advise.

In fact a friend of mine has just made a weather image slide show out of Dacals images and some others. Do you just want the sunrise/set times displayed on the main screen? Then you want the forecast part as a separate iWidget so you can access the touch function? Do you want the sunrise/set in the iWidget instead?

In fact a friend of mine has just made a weather image slide show out of Dacals images and some others. Do you just want the sunrise/set times displayed on the main screen? Then you want the forecast part as a separate iWidget so you can access the touch function? Do you want the sunrise/set in the iWidget instead?
    My apologies King. Sometimes I don't always explain myself in a way that others can understand (that's probably how NewD was a little confused as to what I was specifically asking for a while back). I'll use images to hopefully convey what I'm trying to accomplish:

1st the sunrise/sunset issue:

-img_2635.png

This is the stock weather app. As you can see, the precise sunset time, icon, and word 'Sunset' are displayed in the hourly forecast. Can this function be added to the hourly forecast on the forecast page of the Forecast Plus LS widget? This is the only place (forecast page) I would want this to appear.

2nd the background images displayed based on weather condition and time of day:

Here's the HOME page of the Forecast Plus LS widget (please note the stock wallpaper)

-img_2633.png

When the weather icon/city/temp region is pressed, the forecast page is displayed as follows:

-img_2634.png

Please note the dimmed stock wallpaper. What I want is for the forecast page to display like this:

-img_2636.png

The background displayed would be based on the current time of day/weather condition. I would only want this displayed on the forecast page, NOT the HOME page. Is this possible?

1 Sunrise/set info in the hourly timeline.
    2 Wallpaper image blurred with forecast.
    3 A different weather image for each hour based on the weather condition.

Ok, the first one I think can be done, I'm just not seeing the code in my head yet. The 2nd one easy. The last one is a lot of work. There are 48 different weather conditions. A couple of them are specifically for either day or night, so that only reduces it to about 45 and with 24 hours per day that equates to about 1080 give or take images that would be needed. Of you can obtain the images, I will right the code.

1 Sunrise/set info in the hourly timeline.
    2 Wallpaper image blurred with forecast.
    3 A different weather image for each hour based on the weather condition.

Ok, the first one I think can be done, I'm just not seeing the code in my head yet. The 2nd one easy. The last one is a lot of work. There are 48 different weather conditions. A couple of them are specifically for either day or night, so that only reduces it to about 45 and with 24 hours per day that equates to about 1080 give or take images that would be needed. Of you can obtain the images, I will right the code.
    Yeah number 1 seems doable, however, I wouldn't have a clue as to how. Might require a complete rewrite of the code that is currently employed for the hourly forecast.

No. 2 is already in the widget. That's my fault. I was trying to point out how it currently is then contrast it with how I want it. So...yeah it would be super easy cause it's already in there. You must have a lot of irons in the fire (sorry).

A little confusion with No. 3. I don't want the background to change hourly. What I meant by time of day is really day or night. If you've played around (I'm sure you have) with the SBHTML widget I mentioned earlier (by Dacal) that is how the background images should change (minus the heavy animations...rain, lightning, etc.).

Oh, ok. I think I got it now. I've got a lot going on, but I will look at it this weekend.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (05-29-2014)

Oh, ok. I think I got it now. I've got a lot going on, but I will look at it this weekend.
    Ok...cool! Would you like me to send you my version of the Forecast Plus LS Widget? It differs from the universal (lockscreen/springboard iWidget) version you provided in that the forecast page is oriented almost exactly like the stock weather app.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 05-29-2014 at 11:32 PM.

Sure, that way you don't have to rearrange it again.

Sure, that way you don't have to rearrange it again.
    In anticipation of possibly having a go of it myself, I changed the lined transparency image to just a blank transparency without the 3 horizontal lines (wouldn't want to have to add the lines to each individual background image). These lines are now drawn by CSS and HTML.

Grab it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ecast_Plus.zip

Got it. Off to bed now.

Good Saturday evening everyone,
    KOH…just wondered if the updated version of the HTC weather widget was any closer to been distributed?
    With the options of animation screen sizes and what not.
    Thank you for the time and effort you put in.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast