+ Reply
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget Question

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by ryanDC Is the 12 am m issue only on the lockscreen as I've not had an issue with the iwidget..... It is 12 PM, but only on
    King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,597 Times in 6,428 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Is the 12 amm issue only on the lockscreen as I've not had an issue with the iwidget.....
    It is 12 PM, but only on the black version. The link in the last PM that I sent you fixes it.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

Thanks

Ryan / dj you got PM
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (05-06-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Ryan / dj you got PM
    I pulled the code from your universal version of the widget and applied it to my version and...viola:

HTC Animated Weather Widget Question-img_2534.png

It works exactly as requested!!! BRILLIANT!!! Thanks for all your help King! Just received thanks from Stephen for the donation. I hope he conveyed his appreciation to you for giving out his PayPal info.

Thanks again!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-06-2014)

Thanks

Enjoy bro!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (05-06-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Just got back from hols, widget looking good king.
    Nice to see my neighbour displayed in the widget where I am and not just the city lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanDC For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (05-08-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lovin' the widgets you made, King. I was at the movies last night and had several people in line (behind me) ask me about them (none of them jailbroken). As I was showing them all the neat stuff that can be done with a jailbroken iPhone (several lockscreen widgets first, then the HTC iWidget) one of them was wondering why there wasn't a method for making changes to SB widgets on the fly, like there is for lockscreen widgets. As an example...if I change a setting (via LockHTML3) for a lockscreen widget, say the option to use (or not use) weather walls, the change is immediate. With SB widgets (via iWidgets) however, if I want to change from say black digits to white digits, I have to load up a new version of the widget with the desired change. Has anyone had any discussions with the developer (is it Stephen?) with regard to making iWidgets respond to widget changes on the fly? Is this even possible?
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 05-10-2014 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks

IWidgets was developed by a kid named Eldwin. He is in school and may be free soon to take some requests. I can ask some of the other devs that I work with too. I just don't know.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,071 Times in 4,562 Posts

iWidgets already have touch capability just like Lockscreens.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    iWidgets already have touch capability just like Lockscreens.
    That's not what he was asking, but thanks for the update.

Green Apple
    Thanks

IWidgets was developed by a kid named Eldwin. He is in school and may be free soon to take some requests. I can ask some of the other devs that I work with too. I just don't know.
    Ok...cool.

Thanks

That's not what he was asking, but thanks for the update.
    I was responding to specifically what he asked. What he asked to be done - on the springboard - is quite possible - with iWidgets.. without Eldwin adding anything.. What am I missing?

Thanks

I was responding to specifically what he asked. What he asked to be done - on the springboard - is quite possible - with iWidgets.. without Eldwin adding anything.. What am I missing?
    He wants to be able to access the widget options, change them and then have the changes take affect without having to delete the widget and replace it.

Sorry, but you kinda really missed the question.

Thanks

He wants to be able to access the widget options, change them and then have the changes take affect without having to delete the widget and replace it.

Sorry, but you kinda really missed the question.
    Nope. Wrong again. I got the question exactly.. Maybe I don't understand a limitation of iWidgets -- but I sure got the question, bro..

How does what he's asking for - differ from any of the touch layers we have now in iWidgets to start a slideshow or launch timed walls? Seems pretty easy to me to simply include, in a touch layer, the start of a code strand to change other aspects of the CSS without reinstantiating the widget. Have the new CSS started by a function() much like the "Reload for a Fresh Start" function() in all UniAW touch layers.

As I've said many times before - I 'never' miss the question... My 'solution' may be off -- but I always get the question and read thoroughly.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 05-10-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Nope. Wrong again. I got the question exactly.. Maybe I don't understand a limitation of iWidgets -- but I sure got the question, bro..

How does what he's asking for - differ from any of the touch layers we have now in iWidgets to start a slideshow or launch timed walls? Seems pretty easy to me to simply include, in a touch layer, the start of a code strand to change other aspects of the CSS without reinstantiating the widget. Have the new CSS started by a function() much like the "Reload for a Fresh Start" function() in all UniAW touch layers.

As I've said many times before - I 'never' miss the question... My 'solution' may be off -- but I always get the question and read thoroughly.
    Hello New. I think you're misunderstanding what I inquired about. Might be my fault (I'm not always clear/concise with my queries). I will assume you are familiar with LockHTML3. As you are no doubt aware, if a particular widget has options (i.e. changing font color, using weather walls, 12 hr clock, icon sets, etc.) any changes you make are immediately implemented. No closing/reopening of the widget (or a respring) are necessary. It just works . Not so with iWidgets. King asked for a good copy of an HTC widget a while back (possibly in another thread) and I happened to have 2 versions (white and black) of one that has pretty cool animations that are closer to the digit flipping of the actual HTC widget. The widgets had a bug related to the 24hr clock function (it didn't work, actually) that King fixed. He also added an option to select the color of the widget's flipping digits. This basically combined the 2 widgets into 1 (very cool).

Let's say I add this HTC widget to my springboard and select the color white for the digits. Since I also have iWidget Tapper I assign 2 'hotspot' widgets to open the clock app and the Yahoo weather app. These have to be moved to their proper positions on the widget. If I decide (later in the day) I want to change the color of the digits to black, I can't just open iWidgets and make that change. I have to close all three widgets (the HTC widget and the 2 hotspots) then add the HTC widget (with the desired change) and the 2 hotspot widgets all over again. Plus move them to their proper positions. If iWidgets functioned more like LockHTML3, I would be able to open the options for the widget, make my selections, and have those selections display immediately (on the fly, if you will) without having to go through the whole business of replacing/moving everything. I was merely asking King if this was at all possible.

Your method sounds interesting, however, for my purposes I already have a lot of touch layers going on and wouldn't really have room for another layer to activate a color change. Plus...it seems like a lot of additional coding (not that there wouldn't be A LOT of coding to make iWidgets function more like LockHTML3) would be necessary.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 05-11-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks

Whatever bro, you win.

@dragonjo sorry for misunderstanding, Newd will help you out with what you want. Feel free to send it to Newd so he can hook it up.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 05-10-2014 at 06:28 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Whatever bro, you win.

@dragonjo sorry for misunderstanding, Newd will help you out with what you want. Feel free to send it to Newd so he can hook it up.
    No King...you understood me correctly (see my reply to Newd). Making iWidgets function more like LockHTML3 is what I was asking about.

Do you have any contact with the developer of LockHTML3? Maybe he (she?) can make a version for springboard widgets. Just a thought.

Thanks

I will contact Eldwin and see about upgrading iWidgets. Subyrex is busy with iconomatic.

@Newd "wrong again", sounds like Newd 1.0

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (05-10-2014)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I will contact Eldwin and see about upgrading iWidgets.
    That. Would. Be. AWESOME!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    Hello New. I think you're misunderstanding what I inquired about.
    Hi Dragon.. I understood the complexity of your request from your first post as did King. King has a great deal of experience and he was right to say that a 'new' feature implementation in iWidgets itself might be the best route and as such we could ask Eldwin. But in suggesting that it also seemed he hinted that it wasn't currently possible. I just jumped in to tell you that it IS possible to do what you want, immediate updates, to each iWidget without unpinning them and repinning them with the new options. I can be accomplished in a touch layer and as you noted we see turning on and off a slideshow in a touch layer without a respring or repin all the time in iWidgets. You could simply use an 'EXISTING' touch layer to add this color change you want.

SURE -- it would take some coding.... And I'm not offering to take on the project. I was just answering your question the most accurately as I saw it. You said COULD it be done? - I said YES.. It CAN.. Because it 'can'.. without the developer of iWidgets making any changes to his tweak. NOW - the efficacy of the coding necessary to accomplish what you want is another matter entirely. What I was trying to share was that "IF" I needed, in one of my widgets, what you are talking about - I could code it.

I agree with King - that a 'less javascript intensive' way to accomplish it would be a new implementation in iWidgets itself. But most of the best code written around here has been out of the 'need' for something a current tweak didn't offer. We used to have a guy around here named Rasputin007.. and his signature said - "Nothing's impossible" and he had the most inventive ways of getting things done with code. I learned a lot from him - and also never to say 'it can't be done'. I'm still an 'intermediate coder' at best.. But when I read your question - I was already able to envision the code to accomplish it.

Hang in there... Someone will implement this..

iPhone? More like MyPhone Splatty79's Avatar
    Thanks

@koh: hey mate were u going to release this to the public? Is there any chance u could send it to me to have a play with?

Keep up the awesome work mate!