Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HTC Animated Weather Widget Question

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,643 Times in 6,721 Posts

Probably by the end of the week bro. I'm getting closer to it on my list. I've looked it over and have a plan in mind.
    Widget-Weather App Currently Being Updated for iOS 8!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    If you need to generate the MyLocation.txt file in the mean time for widgets, install the MyLocation app from here:
    http://cydia.myrepospace.com/kohidevice/

Ok dude, if I can add any assistance I will

Ok...I've been playing around with the lockscreen widget some more. I can finally display the calendar (current month only, no ability to go forwards or backwards to display other months). Still can't add the hourly forecast to the forecast page. This is about as far as my feeble coding skills can go.

**Notes***
    There is a bug in the "touch" code (no doubt from the fact my methods are completely whacked ) that requires I touch the clock/date region after the phone has been locked. Touching the weather region does not work until the clock/date region is touched. Probably has to do with the 'addEventListener' parts of the code.

King...if you can manage to add the hourly forecast (with the ability to swipe left/right) and fix the aforementioned bug, I'll be a happy camper. Adding the ability to move back and forth in the calendar would be a bonus.

The best version I have so far can be grabbed here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...eatherKing.zip

No rush on any of this.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-17-2014 at 09:09 PM.

Thanks

Update

Ryan,

We have the HTC iWidget done with the exception of the 24 hour option. Still working on it.

Dragon,

I'll look at what you have, we did mess with it, but was also having some difficulty with the calendar. I'll keep you posted.
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-18-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    If you need to generate the MyLocation.txt file in the mean time for widgets, install the MyLocation app from here:

5. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (04-18-2014)

Can this widget be used on springboard as well as lockscreen as I don't use one on LS

Sorry king just saw your post, I was referring to dragons widget

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    Update

Ryan,

We have the HTC iWidget done with the exception of the 24 hour option. Still working on it.

Dragon,

I'll look at what you have, we did mess with it, but was also having some difficulty with the calendar. I'll keep you posted.
    Great news!

BTW...still waiting on that link to the PayPal account of the developer you mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanDC View Post
    Can this widget be used on springboard as well as lockscreen as I don't use one on LS

Sorry king just saw your post, I was referring to dragons widget
    Sure it can. Simply copy the "LS_ClockWeatherKing" folder to the iWidgets folder (/private/var/mobile/iWidgets). Then add the widget to your springboard the way you normally add iWidgets. One caveat...the way iWidgets works there must be at least 1 app icon on your springboard (dock icons don't count). You can use iBlank so the icon is not visible.

A warning about iBlank...if you ever decide to stop using it, be sure to restore your icon cache (I think there's an option for this within iBlank) before uninstalling it. Failing to do so will result in the mini versions of your app icons not displaying properly (or at all) in other apps on your phone (like the iPhone's 'Settings' app).

UPDATE...
    I just added it to my springboard and discovered one more caveat...the dock icons cover the last day of the forecast list when you call up the forecast page. I suppose you could modify the layout (move things around, decrease font sizes, etc.) so it fits better. I would wait until King provides the 'fixed' version before you do this, though.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-18-2014 at 01:13 PM.

ImageUploadedByModMyi1397842268.513433.jpg

Is this how it's supposed to look?

Well...aside from the fact you're using a different font...yeah.

I assume you have disabled user interaction, otherwise you would not be able to access your folders as the widget rides on top (dock icons are still accessible, though). Disabling user interaction does mean you won't be able to get to the calendar page or the forecast page. If this is not an issue for you I have another version of the widget that is much smaller (it only takes up about a 1/4 of the screen) and has a forecast function (no calendar function as this would require more screen real estate). Let me know if you want it.

UPDATE
    Nevermind...disabling user interaction has no effect...you still can't get access to springboard icons as the widget covers the entire screen. Dock icons must reside at the topmost layer as they are not effected.

Here's the smaller version of the widget:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...atherSmall.zip

If you want the widget to be transparent you have to set 'Background Opacity' to 0 (zero) and disable 'Use Gradient'. To see the forecast make sure 'User Interaction' is enabled (I believe that's the default). Simply touch the City/Weather region to reveal the forecast. Touch it in the same place to go back.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-18-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Thanks

FYI, if you move all your icons off from the first page of your SB, it will remain blank. No iBlank needed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (04-18-2014)

I did not know that. Great tip. Thanks.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dragonjo8 For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (04-18-2014)

Thanks guys I'll give that a try, sorry for the late reply been drinking and karaoking

Thanks

Sorry guys, but I've been sick as a dog too. So I'm a little slow getting things finished up.

Sorry guys, but I've been sick as a dog too. So I'm a little slow getting things finished up.
    No worries, King. Take your time. I've figured out the addEventListener bug so you can cross that off the list. The updated main.js can be grabbed here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60257852/main.js

Get well soon!!!

FYI, if you move all your icons off from the first page of your SB, it will remain blank. No iBlank needed.
    I use gridlock 2.0 no need for iblank although I used to use it a long time ago back in the 5.0.1 days

@dragon. Is the main file you've uploaded for the mini widget you uploaded the other day?
    I confirm what was said bout it overlapping the springboard folders.
    If it was a similar layout to the HTC widget with weather animating across the widget and a little forecast bar underneath then that's all is be happy with.
    Not too bother about tapping to get a calendar view, although I can see where some people might find this useful.

No...it's not for the mini widget. It's for the widget with the calendar. The mini widget works fine.

I also use gridlock. It will not help if you try to add a widget to a springboard page other than the home page. There has to be at least 1 icon on it. Let's say you add a widget to a 2nd springboard page without an icon on it...you can add the widget but as soon as you hit the home button you can't get back to that 2nd page.

I'm not sure if you know this...the HTC widgets (black and white) I uploaded earlier (the ones King is working on) have a forecast function. If you touch the 'city/weather' region the forecast slides in from the right.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-19-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Thanks

Ok, here is a screen shot of both clock colors working as an iWidget. 12/24 hour should be working. The touch forecast works and there are some other options. I'd like to add an option for the font color, but not sure yet. I will still need to package up for my repo, but I will be posting soon.

Last edited by King_O_Hill; 04-19-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Looks good king, hopefully see some animations soon

Dragon I didn't know that, thanks for saying

Can you tell me if there's a difference between the setups of a lockscreen widget and a springboard widget?
    I mean like does a lockscreen need a lockbackground.html file or something?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragonjo8 View Post
    No worries, King. Take your time. I've figured out the addEventListener bug so you can cross that off the list. The updated main.js can be grabbed here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60257852/main.js

Get well soon!!!
    The cal code does not have an option for additional months. Have you seen one that does? It would be easier for me.

@King
    AWESOME!!!!!! I'm in the US and would probably never use it, but the 24-hr clock not working has bugged me to no end. Thanks for the work, King! Please post the PayPal account of the developer so I can send a little something his way (I would really like to send you something but I understand your decision not to accept donations).

Hopefully you can make sense of the corrections I made to the Lockscreen widget. If the ability to move forward and backward through the calendar is still posing an issue, go ahead and put it on the back burner (it's really just icing, anyway). Having the hourly forecast functional would be MORE than good enough.

@ryan
    Well...there really isn't much of a difference with respect to the widgets themselves. You have to download an app that allows HTML based widgets to be put on the lockscreen (kind of like how iWidgets lets you put widgets on the springboard) I have used three different apps that I will outline for you. Please keep in mind these will be based solely on MY opinion/experience of/with them. My particular tastes/circumstances will more than likely NOT coincide with yours (or anyone else's, for that matter).

GroovyLock -
    This is a free download from Cydia and works rather well. It's the first app I tested and was happy with it until I tried a widget from either Dacal or The Durben (one with lots of animation) that abruptly crashed my phone. Since the widget worked on an earlier version of iOS, I assumed the problem was with GroovyLock. A brief search resulted in my stumbling across LockHTML3.

LockHTML3 -
    This is a paid download ($1.99, I think...I really don't remember and since I have already purchased it, the price no longer shows) from Cydia. It has a little more functionality (hiding screen elements like grabbers, clocks, blur effects, etc.) than Groovylock and, most importantly, doesn't crash nearly as hard. But it does crash. After more research, I have learned the crashing occurs when a passcode is set (mandatory for me to receive my Exchange based email at work) and the widget used has a lot of animations. Since the lockscreen widget I have been working on has minimal animation, my phone does not crash. LockHTML3 is the app I currently use to get widgets that do not have heavy animations on my lockscreen.

Convergence -
    I had no idea this even existed. As I have stated before (and by my relatively low number of posts) I don't spend a lot of time here (in fact this thread has been the most time I have spent, concurrently, in a LONG time). Hell...there might even be others out there that I am unaware of. At any rate...a big thanks to King for letting me know about it. Convergence requires a minimum $2.00 donation and your UDID. The concept is very cool and does not cause crashes when you have a passcode set. Unfortunately I use other tweaks that are not compatible with it (Prowidgets, for example).

In short...if you do not use a passcode, Groovylock is probably the way to go since it is free. If you want additional features and a slightly more stable (for me, heavily animated widgets crash immediately with GroovyLock) experience (and don't mind paying for it) go with LockHTML3. Convergence is a different experience altogether that sort of moves away from the stock iOS look/feel, but hey, you're a jailbreaker...isn't that the point?

The cal code does not have an option for additional months. Have you seen one that does? It would be easier for me.
    I just posted a comment before I saw this. If it is going to be troublesome, don't bother. Trust me, fixing the 24 hr clock on that other widget and adding the hourly forecast to the forecast page of the calendar widget is WAY more than enough. Like I said, moving through the months is just icing.

If you are, however, motivated to implement this...one of the very first widgets I ever played around with is the calendar widget that I believe comes packed with iWidgets. If I'm not mistaken, it was originally a desktop widget made by Apple for OSX (or maybe 9). At any rate...it does not have complete functionality on the iPhone (it seems there is a third pane that never quite slides open all the way) but it does allow you to move through the months. I didn't care too much for the colors so I changed it to look like Microsoft's calendar widget for Vista/7 and got rid of the 3rd pane that doesn't open all the way. You can grab my modified version here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ndarOrange.zip

Let me know if it's doable.
    Last edited by dragonjo8; 04-19-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Thanks

Ok, here's where we stand.

HTC clock just needs to have animation added to it. I am going to use Dacals latest version as the animations are just awesome. He is helping me by supplying an animation only version, so I can merge the both of them.

Forecast Plus (Thats what I'm calling it) is just about complete for the LS version. I have all the features that you asked for working! I also made an iWidget version, but need to remake the overlays to better suit the SB and then adjust the positions.

I'm hoping to wrap these up by the end of today.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

dragonjo8 (04-20-2014)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast