+ Reply
Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Interesting idea.. That would be fabulous.. But probably hard to code...
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,440 Times in 4,286 Posts

Interesting idea.. That would be fabulous.. But probably hard to code...
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,319 Times in 5,974 Posts

It would be similar to the way NGUI displays theme previews. Might actually be easy to adapt.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-01-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Yea King, that's exactly where I got the idea! I made my own preview image for emitter and resized the one for badgen7 so they're all uniform. Would love to do the same for groovy lock themes. ImageUploadedByModMyi1393655638.991480.jpg

Thanks

I know that jake is focusing on NGUI more than GL, but I'll ask him anyway.
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 396 Posts

Can do that when I get a chance, sorry last stretch of my degree so I'm a busy bee!

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

DutchMaster22 (03-02-2014), King_O_Hill (03-01-2014), lostinthemes (03-01-2014), RKO1195 (03-01-2014), Simon (03-01-2014), tito12 (03-02-2014)

Thanks

Thanks bro, no worries. I always wished that iWidgets had this too!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-01-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

so today was a bit boring... so I restored my i5s with 7.0.6
    and did NOT restore my settings, and configured my i5s as "new iphone".
    (did not use itunes to restore anything)

installed everything.. and after 1h with groovylock and the "77 groovytheme" my i5s
    still crashes to safe mode, when passcode is activated.

so a fresh restore does not solve the problem, just a deactivated passcode solve the problem

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Can do that when I get a chance, sorry last stretch of my degree so I'm a busy bee!
    Thanx groovy, that would be awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue2000 View Post
    so today was a bit boring... so I restored my i5s with 7.0.6
    and did NOT restore my settings, and configured my i5s as "new iphone".
    (did not use itunes to restore anything)

installed everything.. and after 1h with groovylock and the "77 groovytheme" my i5s
    still crashes to safe mode, when passcode is activated.

so a fresh restore does not solve the problem, just a deactivated passcode solve the problem
    Hi Blue, I did exactly the same as you a couple days back, I have SIMPLICIFY LS - For LockHTML & Groovylock and active passcode, no crash at all on mine...
    Last edited by tito12; 03-03-2014 at 05:47 AM.
    iPhone 5s, 7.0.6

Thanks

Hi guys, since apparently my tweets go further than I thought a lot of people have already downloaded GroovyLock which is a HTML LockScreen theming platform, you can switch between themes in the Settings app without the need to respring.

It isn't on Cydia at the moment and there are several bugs that seems to be caused by conflicts, so I'm gonna try and talk through them all and why it's been so difficult to get a simple HTML LS platform for iOS 7.0. First of all I should mention that iOS 7.0's UIWebView class and JavaScript interpreter is pretty awful compared to iOS 6, Apple attempted to make a step forward but really took a step back - so some LockScreens simply don't work well any more and there's not much that can be done about that, I just recommend lying off the intense animations to prevent crashes.
    More information: to supplement this, Simon has informed me that using GroovyLock with 7.1b3 has significant performance improvements and no crashes, it seems logical to assume that the issues experienced in with the iOS 7.0 UIWebView will be stuck until 7.1 - at which point we can't confidently say there will be a jailbreak for it

Another bug, that also seems to be an issue with iWidget, is that when WinterBoard themes with plists are active it some how breaks the UIWebView that loads local files - not entirely sure why or even have much information on this bug, it's purely speculation by me and @_Matchstic at the moment but be aware if your LS isn't running then chances are this is why - I'd suggest just disabling all WB themes first of all and then add them back on.

Finally there seems to be issues with crashing on A7 devices, pretty sure it's if you check the 'Hold LS in memory' switch and something gets released from memory when it shouldn't

So the download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpfklaaop4...GroovyLock.zip
    I update that link with the latest version, if I remove the link it's because it's unstable and causing people problems so just wait on more information if that happens.

Usage
    Themes go into /User/Library/GroovyLock/ just as they would in winterboard, no need for the .theme on the folder but shouldn't make a difference really

Then just go into Settings -> GroovyLock and switch on the theme you want, it'll appear in the LS when you lock the device.

And just because pictures are pretty:

The best support for this will come from those that have tested this for the last few days but please just post any issues in here if the above information does not resolve them, please don't directly message people asking for help as this thread is to aggregate all this information

Changelog
    WebView is transparent, unless otherwise dictated by the HTML loaded
    Fixed iPad landscape rotation
    Possibly fixed localStorage issue but iOS 7 is funny about this in terms of security
    Performance improvements

Fixed bug with spaces in theme folder names causing white screen
    Adding option to retain the LS in memory - this means that instead of it being release and regenerated when the device is locked it will stay in memory constantly, this may cause performance and battery drain issues, only recommend using this if there really is a need

1.0.0 (On Cydia as 1.0.1 because I was hungover when I wrote that up)
    Initial release
    Hey I've been having an issue with Groovylock. there is a type of delay..

say its 1:30. I set my 5S on 7.0.6 down. then at 1:35 I press a button to wake it, it will say 1:30 then quickly flash to 1:35.

Is this normal?

Thanks

I'm working on a simple theme, but I'm curious, is it possible to support user interaction on these lockscreens? Like recognise a swipe gesture or tap?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,552 Times in 4,071 Posts

No need to either use cydgets, lockhtml2 or I believe convergence
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is a great tweak, I finished my package for it about a week ago. Really easy to use and place your own themes in

Package I made : ios7 tech lock screen

Green Apple
    Thanks

i have a question. is it possible to make groovylock themes slide like when you slide to unlock? i mean the animation. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,784 Times in 6,877 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuga29 View Post
    i have a question. is it possible to make groovylock themes slide like when you slide to unlock? i mean the animation. thanks
    No, you would need lockhtml3 for that. Groovylock runs on the background layer so it won't slide with the slide to unlock.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (06-01-2014), RKO1195 (05-30-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,601 Times in 396 Posts

All those struggling with GroovyLock crashes are invited to test this 1.1 which should be far more stable and in theory support cycript, though this is untested.

GroovyLock 1.1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv8cbuo0bd...Lock-1.1.0.deb

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-14-2014), lostinthemes (07-16-2014), NewdestinyX (07-14-2014), Simon (07-14-2014)

Thanks

All those struggling with GroovyLock crashes are invited to test this 1.1 which should be far more stable and in theory support cycript, though this is untested.

Thanks, Jake!! From lots of testing and observation these last 6 months - the vast majority of people's crashing, with 'any' Lockscreen player, EVEN Cydgets - was coming from how unstable iOS7, itself, + "any" Jailbreak (evasi0n or Pangu) makes WebView - when the Apple Passcode Lock is on. As soon as we turn off our Apple Passcode Locks -- stability is achieved by 99% of people using 'any' LS Player (GL, LH3, Cydgets, Convergence). With my Passcode Lock on - even Cydgets, formatted properly with a Background Layer (any animations) and a Homescreen Layer (weather info itself) will randomly crash all day..

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 3,570 Posts

Nice addition. Now maybe people will take the time to learn the benefits of cycript.

Days of end users editing .js files over? Should be.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Nice addition. Now maybe people will take the time to learn the benefits of cycript.
    Except this newer version of GL crashes just as much now -when Passcode lock is on and medium to high animation running- as the last version did. That's on my test phone ip5 with only GroovyLock and MobileSafety mobile substrates running.

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,771 Times in 3,570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Except this newer version of GL crashes just as much now -when Passcode lock is on and medium to high animation running- as the last version did. That's on my test phone ip5 with only GroovyLock and MobileSafety mobile substrates running.
    That really has nothing to do with what you quoted. If it has issues with passcode or animations. Either turn off passcode, or code the animations to be better on the device.

There are both memory limits and Javascript execution time limits on Mobile Safari. They are limits not bugs. How to determine these (I think) are yet unknown, at least I cannot find documentation that explains in detail.

I do know things that attribute to these issues. A few. -webkit-transform, translateZ, pages sizes, image size, and much more. It isn't a bug. It is just limits. With iOS7 these achieved very easily. I do not think there is anything that anyone (LS platform makers) can do about it. If you have a passcode, and you have something that runs animations. Then you have to choose one, or code these animations better.

On LB I have an animation plugin deal. You can add any animation html. I tested this for many many hours/days. Coming up to the point if I added 10 more rain drops I could always cause a safemode with passcode set. Remove the 10 and run for days no safemode. Shows that it isn't cydget causing it. Clearly shows that it has to do with how things hit these limits.

I am sure these tests can be done with GroovyLock and all the other LS Platforms. I dunno what GC did to make this somewhat 'better' than the previous version, but these limits are still the same. He more than likely just cleaned up code. I cannot say for sure, but thats about the best you can do. Unless he went all in and made it a springboard plugin, which is why Saurik praises Cydget the way he does.

On your tests. Did you ever remove part of the animation? Did you cut out one cloud, maybe change how the transition between the animations happen? Many ways of doing this, wether coded with keyframes, translate, or even javascript. When I perform these test all these come into play. I am pretty sure you can take this animation that is causing the crash, and make it not crash by changing how it runs.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 07:47 PM.