Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 37 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

I'm working on a simple theme, but I'm curious, is it possible to support user interaction on these lockscreens? Like recognise a swipe gesture or tap?

No need to either use cydgets, lockhtml2 or I believe convergence
    Click My Sig For my auros Mods

This is a great tweak, I finished my package for it about a week ago. Really easy to use and place your own themes in

Package I made : ios7 tech lock screen

i have a question. is it possible to make groovylock themes slide like when you slide to unlock? i mean the animation. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 15,462 Times in 7,081 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tuga29 View Post
    i have a question. is it possible to make groovylock themes slide like when you slide to unlock? i mean the animation. thanks
    No, you would need lockhtml3 for that. Groovylock runs on the background layer so it won't slide with the slide to unlock.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (06-01-2014), RKO1195 (05-31-2014)

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

All those struggling with GroovyLock crashes are invited to test this 1.1 which should be far more stable and in theory support cycript, though this is untested.

GroovyLock 1.1.0: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yv8cbuo0bd...Lock-1.1.0.deb

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-14-2014), lostinthemes (07-16-2014), NewdestinyX (07-14-2014), Simon (07-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    All those struggling with GroovyLock crashes are invited to test this 1.1 which should be far more stable and in theory support cycript, though this is untested.

Thanks, Jake!! From lots of testing and observation these last 6 months - the vast majority of people's crashing, with 'any' Lockscreen player, EVEN Cydgets - was coming from how unstable iOS7, itself, + "any" Jailbreak (evasi0n or Pangu) makes WebView - when the Apple Passcode Lock is on. As soon as we turn off our Apple Passcode Locks -- stability is achieved by 99% of people using 'any' LS Player (GL, LH3, Cydgets, Convergence). With my Passcode Lock on - even Cydgets, formatted properly with a Background Layer (any animations) and a Homescreen Layer (weather info itself) will randomly crash all day..
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

Master Theme Creator June'sIphone's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,285 Times in 3,746 Posts

Nice addition. Now maybe people will take the time to learn the benefits of cycript.

Days of end users editing .js files over? Should be.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by June'sIphone View Post
    Nice addition. Now maybe people will take the time to learn the benefits of cycript.
    Except this newer version of GL crashes just as much now -when Passcode lock is on and medium to high animation running- as the last version did. That's on my test phone ip5 with only GroovyLock and MobileSafety mobile substrates running.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    Except this newer version of GL crashes just as much now -when Passcode lock is on and medium to high animation running- as the last version did. That's on my test phone ip5 with only GroovyLock and MobileSafety mobile substrates running.
    That really has nothing to do with what you quoted. If it has issues with passcode or animations. Either turn off passcode, or code the animations to be better on the device.

There are both memory limits and Javascript execution time limits on Mobile Safari. They are limits not bugs. How to determine these (I think) are yet unknown, at least I cannot find documentation that explains in detail.

I do know things that attribute to these issues. A few. -webkit-transform, translateZ, pages sizes, image size, and much more. It isn't a bug. It is just limits. With iOS7 these achieved very easily. I do not think there is anything that anyone (LS platform makers) can do about it. If you have a passcode, and you have something that runs animations. Then you have to choose one, or code these animations better.

On LB I have an animation plugin deal. You can add any animation html. I tested this for many many hours/days. Coming up to the point if I added 10 more rain drops I could always cause a safemode with passcode set. Remove the 10 and run for days no safemode. Shows that it isn't cydget causing it. Clearly shows that it has to do with how things hit these limits.

I am sure these tests can be done with GroovyLock and all the other LS Platforms. I dunno what GC did to make this somewhat 'better' than the previous version, but these limits are still the same. He more than likely just cleaned up code. I cannot say for sure, but thats about the best you can do. Unless he went all in and made it a springboard plugin, which is why Saurik praises Cydget the way he does.

On your tests. Did you ever remove part of the animation? Did you cut out one cloud, maybe change how the transition between the animations happen? Many ways of doing this, wether coded with keyframes, translate, or even javascript. When I perform these test all these come into play. I am pretty sure you can take this animation that is causing the crash, and make it not crash by changing how it runs.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 08:47 PM.

Default GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)
    That really has nothing to do with what you quoted. If it has issues with passcode or animations. Either turn off passcode, or code the animations to be better on the device.
    All I'm saying is, on 7.x.x + evasi0n or Pangu jail breaks + pass code lock on + medium to high animation written any way = random low memory crashing.

Not even Cycript expert programming will be able to avert the low memory crashing given the above variables..

Low animation and/or no Passcode lock are the only ways to stability on 7.x.x

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    All I'm saying is, on 7.x.x + evasi0n or Pangu jail breaks + pass code lock on + medium to high animation written any way = random low memory crashing.

Not even Cycript expert programming will be able to avert the low memory crashing given the above variables..

Low animation and/or no Passcode lock are the only ways to stability on 7.x.x
    Like my previous post mentions. It has nothing to do with the LS Platform. That is including cydget. Thats the point I was trying to get across, but looks like it was completely over looked/mis-understood. The comment medium to high animations written anyway I believe is absolutely false. There are many ways around animations writing to the DOM to be more efficient.

For example I have a canvas animation on a few animated htmls. That if you wrote in keyframes would set you to safemode immediately, same with translate. I don't think you are much of a coder, so I don't think you completely understand what I meant. Not putting you down, but your written anyway statement is not correct.

I only make the statement "not much of a coder" because, I explained to you what an if statement was. Like I said not putting you down. Just explaining it can be written better. Always, and thats for almost anything that involves code whatsoever.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Like my previous post mentions. It has nothing to do with the LS Platform. That is including cydget. Thats the point I was trying to get across, but looks like it was completely over looked/mis-understood. The comment medium to high animations written anyway I believe is absolutely false. There are many ways around animations writing to the DOM to be more efficient.

For example I have a canvas animation on a few animated htmls. That if you wrote in keyframes would set you to safemode immediately, same with translate. I don't think you are much of a coder, so I don't think you completely understand what I meant. Not putting you down, but your written anyway statement is not correct.

I only make the statement "not much of a coder" because, I explained to you what an if statement was. Like I said not putting you down. Just explaining it can be written better. Always, and thats for almost anything that involves code whatsoever.
    Every word out of your mouth is usually a put down, June. It's just who you are. You can't help yourself, bro. It doesn't phase me anymore. So I just expect it from you - let it roll off and move on to what I can learn from you. I don't respect you as a person. But as an artist and a dev/coder I have a lot to learn from you. So I keep listening.

As an Obj.C coder I'm not a coder at all. But at JavaScript I'm now better than some here and worse than others.

I didn't qualify my statement well enough. Within the confines of WebKit animation the crashing will always happen with the pass code lock on and copious WebKit animation. And we agree - the LS player is not in the equation. I said that in my post. You must have missed it.

I DO believe that other animation processes as you mentioned could make things more stable on iOS 7&8 and I hope you and Jake and Dacal can figure out a way for animation to still look cool but not bring the low memory safe modes.

Here's to the hunt!!! I'm all ears, as to how you guys think the low memory crashing bug (I'm no longer calling it the WebView bug - 'cause it's not - as you and Jake both have claimed) can be alleviated with new animation paradigms.

Lead on, O Great One! Happy to keep learning. The For Loop you taught me - and the next natural level of syntax I discovered thru that - has enabled me to reduce 200 lines of code to nearly 50 in my one current project. I'm all about the learning.. !!
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-15-2014 at 10:19 PM.

Thanks

Honestly Grant? What I did was explain. Nothing near a put down. Did I say that the for loop was one of the first things you learn about javascript. Very basics. I could go on, but it benefits me none whatsoever. Do I find satisfaction in explaining that you are wrong? No I get satisfaction for people understanding.

Same reason I took many paragraphs to explain to you what a for loop was. Even made examples. You think you know me, but you seriously don't have the slightest clue.

For some odd reason I feel the need to elaborate on things people don't understand. Specially when it deals with something I do everyday. Here in the Jailbreak community, and also in my job. Then with you it leads to these one off conversations where you blatantly disrespect my intentions. I don't respect you as a person June, but you know more than me so I will just benefit from that while disrespecting you. Damn. This will be the absolute last time I ever mention anything to you.

I would just like people to understand where these problems are coming from, rather than making up their own idea. Test some code, rather coming up with conclusions, and saying its someone else's fault or problem.

Beat around the tree, until you knock an apple out of the tree. Thats what you just did there. Three statements that no way explain the same thing. I am done Grant. I know I said it before, but I will no longer take the time to explain things you totally get wrong.
    Last edited by June'sIphone; 07-15-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Nevermind... futile.,
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 07-16-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Thanks

So... June can you confirm cycript is working? I will try and get touch functionality in too over the next week

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

Krima (07-16-2014)

Thanks

So... June can you confirm cycript is working? I will try and get touch functionality in too over the next week
    Yes, seems to be working just fine. I have only loaded a dictionary from preferences, but that itself is a great addition. Will explore more this weekend, and will let you know of any issues.

Thanks

Yes, seems to be working just fine. I have only loaded a dictionary from preferences, but that itself is a great addition. Will explore more this weekend, and will let you know of any issues.
    Excellent, should hopefully get touch in and then integrate a bit more smoothly so that maps can be used and whatever else though I'm unfamiliar with the SB plugin model so I might need to do some reading around that

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

June'sIphone (07-16-2014), lostinthemes (07-17-2014), NewdestinyX (07-16-2014), Simon (07-18-2014)

Thanks

GroovyLock 1.2.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/eso4eqvlxh...Lock-1.2.1.deb

Changelog
    Bug fixes, evaluates javascript:lowMemoryWarning(); and javascript:memoryPressureRelieved(); for developers to make use of to reduce lockscreen memory load

Added touch support, tested with Ezra cydget

Added cycript support, to utilise use: <script type="text/cycript"> and that will allow you to use objective C code in your JavaScript.
    For example: [[UIDevice currentDevice] batteryLevel] will return a float 0.0-1.0 indicating battery level as explained here in the UIDevice class documentation
    Last edited by GroovyCarrot; 07-18-2014 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Updated

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

daddykool (07-18-2014), gdd2010 (07-18-2014), jawonder (07-18-2014), June'sIphone (07-18-2014), King_O_Hill (07-18-2014), Krima (07-18-2014), lostinthemes (07-21-2014), NewdestinyX (07-18-2014), oldskoolsk8r (07-18-2014), Ramses2 (07-18-2014), RKO1195 (07-18-2014), Simon (07-18-2014), st0n3parad0x (07-18-2014)

Thanks

GroovyLock 1.2.1 will forward when SpringBoard receives memory warnings to your LockScreen via javascript:lowMemoryWarning(); and javascript:memoryPressureRelieved();. During this time it is recommended that you override any animations/ajax or heavy JavaScript and destroy any heavy resources in order to spare the user safe mode/respring. I have updated the above and first post. This isn't tested but should work fine and is best I can provide for the instabilities on iOS 7

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (07-18-2014), Krima (07-18-2014), MamaJaay (07-18-2014), NewdestinyX (07-18-2014)

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 37 ... LastLast