+ Reply
Page 26 of 46 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Originally Posted by NewdestinyX I have no crashing of any kind with GroovyLock and passcode on - on 5S. So it's not any problem with GroovyLock. You have a tweak
    sju
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    I have no crashing of any kind with GroovyLock and passcode on - on 5S. So it's not any problem with GroovyLock. You have a tweak conflict or it's time to restore to get rid of corrupt files. I had the same crashing you had - with AND without passcode lock on - until I restored.

No crashing anymore with GroovyLock. None.
    did a restore a week ago maybe i wil try to uninstall all the tweeks i have and se how it works installing them one by one

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm on iphone 5 and have just tried groovylock again with an animated lock screen this time I turned OFF passlock ...... No crashes for 12 hours since I did this.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to davehh For This Useful Post:

lostinthemes (02-18-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by davehh View Post
    I'm on iphone 5 and have just tried groovylock again with an animated lock screen this time I turned OFF passlock ...... No crashes for 12 hours since I did this.
    yeah seems to be working much more better, since I de-activated passcode too, no crash yet

edit: still no crash after another 24hours...

so we found the solution: to de-activate the passcode
    Last edited by deepblue2000; 02-19-2014 at 04:02 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Did you test with all MobileSubstrates turned off except GroovyLock and WinterBoard and Libhide?
    Yes I did. I will try to set the passlock off, maybe that will work.
    Thanks for you're answer.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Still no crashes with passlock off. Maybe it has something to do with the fingerprint activation.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,013 Times in 4,525 Posts

Edited--- I just did some new testing.. And I too, with passcode lock on - and high animation LS running in GroovyLock will crash after about 10 min. With low animation on LS no crash - even with passcode lock on.

Passcode lock off and I get no crashing at all with any level of animation running in GroovyLock.

So it's that darn WebView bug in 7.0.4 that's giving us headache.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 02-18-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Edited--- I just did some new testing.. And I too, with passcode lock on - and high animation LS running in GroovyLock will crash after about 10 min. With low animation on LS no crash - even with passcode lock on.

Passcode lock off and I get no crashing at all with any level of animation running in GroovyLock.

So it's that darn WebView bug in 7.0.4 that's giving us headache.
    The great news is that we find the bug. Now hope that groovyCarrot can fix this

sju
    Thanks

i also had a lot of crashes, updated today from 7.04 to 7.05 before crashes with passcode on and off, after update still some crashes with passcode on, wil try over the next days to see if passcode off helps.
    the bug is in IOS7 ? i doent think it has anything to do with any tweeks.
    apple will fix it in 7.1 but jailbreak looking not so good for 7.1.
    so i hope someone can make a fix that works without a update from apple

Thanks

There is a bug with something called WebView in iOS7.0.4 and 7.0.5 - that affects whether or not the phone can handle high animation on the Lockscreen. So this has been true for a long time. We had a lot of random crashing with Lockscreens after the jailbreak that had to do with leftover bad files from early tweaks that weren't updated well. So that was causing crashing ALL THE TIME with Lockscreens with high animation and even with Passcode Lock OFF. A simple Restore cleared that up for those who did. But the WebView bug still exists. And the final 'trigger' for it make our phones crash (if we don't have other bad files or tweak conflicts) is when passcode lock is on. This triggers the crash with high animation lockscreens for most people in GroovyLock and LockHTML. LockHTML has solved many issues and I can put my passcodeLock on now with a high animation LS in LockHTML3 and no crashes. But GroovyLock hasn't been updated for a long time and is still 'very touchy' with passcode lock on.

The only one that has no issues from Passcode is Cydgets.

So hopefully Jake will update GroovyLock eventually to get it more stable. In the mean time you can run all GroovyLock Lockscreens in LockHTML3. Though LockHTML3 isn't free.

But 7.0.5 doesn't clean up the WebView bug. Sadly - 7.1 does. And we don't have a jailbreak for 7.1 and likely won't get one.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

Destan (02-19-2014), harleysat (02-19-2014)

sju
    Thanks

There is a bug with something called WebView in iOS7.0.4 and 7.0.5 - that affects whether or not the phone can handle high animation on the Lockscreen. So this has been true for a long time. We had a lot of random crashing with Lockscreens after the jailbreak that had to do with leftover bad files from early tweaks that weren't updated well. So that was causing crashing ALL THE TIME with Lockscreens with high animation and even with Passcode Lock OFF. A simple Restore cleared that up for those who did. But the WebView bug still exists. And the final 'trigger' for it make our phones crash (if we don't have other bad files or tweak conflicts) is when passcode lock is on. This triggers the crash with high animation lockscreens for most people in GroovyLock and LockHTML. LockHTML has solved many issues and I can put my passcodeLock on now with a high animation LS in LockHTML3 and no crashes. But GroovyLock hasn't been updated for a long time and is still 'very touchy' with passcode lock on.

The only one that has no issues from Passcode is Cydgets.

So hopefully Jake will update GroovyLock eventually to get it more stable. In the mean time you can run all GroovyLock Lockscreens in LockHTML3. Though LockHTML3 isn't free.

But 7.0.5 doesn't clean up the WebView bug. Sadly - 7.1 does. And we don't have a jailbreak for 7.1 and likely won't get one.
    did i restore and set up as new yesterday, still crashes on 5s 7.05 when i have weather animatede iwidgets on springbord, when i have iwidgets with out animation it runs super, passcode on alle the way in this test, and my lockscreen is miWeather made by June.
    so now 12 h + without a singel crash

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    did i restore and set up as new yesterday, still crashes on 5s 7.05 when i have weather animatede iwidgets on springbord, when i have iwidgets with out animation it runs super, passcode on alle the way in this test, and my lockscreen is miWeather made by June.
    so now 12 h + without a singel crash
    The crashing for me is unrelated to the animation level running in iWidgets. I can have full animation running in iWidgets on Springboard and low animation to no animation on LS in GroovyLock and Passcode ON and NO crashing. As soon as I put high animation on LS with pass code lock ON I get crashing - even with no iWidgets at all. I've heard same report from others. For me - the crashing with GroovyLock is confined to the level of animation on LS + passcode Lock ON.

My iPhone is a Part of Me bliken's Avatar
    Thanks

i restored my 5S as new and GL works well with no animation, just running widget-weather-base theme

running High Animations on my SB with Iwidgets 6.4 UNIAW rainy day

Passcode lock on...

no crashes at all....but if i try any animation on LS.....crash city
    Last edited by bliken; 02-20-2014 at 09:13 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Another 24hs gone.... Still no Crash without passcode. Works now perfect without passcode. ( and we had a lot of rain in Germany the last few days ;-) so a lot of animation)

I did test lockhtml3 with passcode and it crashes ...

So back to groovylock ... Then we have to use it without passcode, till there will be a fix, or a jailbreakable ios7.1

I do not restore my i5s just for a tweak. (that will maybe work after restore)
    I disable the passcode and all is fine
    Last edited by deepblue2000; 02-21-2014 at 05:30 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue2000 View Post
    Another 24hs gone.... Still no Crash without passcode. Works now perfect without passcode. ( and we had a lot of rain in Germany the last few days ;-) so a lot of animation)

I did test lockhtml3 with passcode and it crashes too.
    GroovyLock runs in the Background Layer - by design. LockHTML runs in the HomePage Layer - which is more prone to crashing with or without passcode on. Though I have NO crashing in either one with Passcode off. If you have restored recently and set up as new phone - you won't have crashing in LockHTML3 without passcode either. If you DO have crashing in LockHTML3 with passcode lock off - then there's something unstable on your phone.

BUT if after a restore to get rid of old unstable junk - you need to run passcode lock on - for your job - then all you need to do in LockHTML3 is is go into Widget Position and change it to BACKGROUND. Then it will run 'essentially' like Groovy Lock does. And crashing will be practically gone with passcode lock on -- and totally gone with passcode lock off.

sju
    Thanks

The crashing for me is unrelated to the animation level running in iWidgets. I can have full animation running in iWidgets on Springboard and low animation to no animation on LS in GroovyLock and Passcode ON and NO crashing. As soon as I put high animation on LS with pass code lock ON I get crashing - even with no iWidgets at all. I've heard same report from others. For me - the crashing with GroovyLock is confined to the level of animation on LS + passcode Lock ON.
    your are right, just the same problems here.
    Edit:after 3 days of not having animated iwidgets on springboard 0 crashes.
    nice and i can live with that, but still waiting for a fix form someone i here, apple hopefull wil fix it in 7.1 but doent want to live without jailbreak
    Last edited by sju; 02-25-2014 at 03:59 AM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-21-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue2000 View Post
    I do not restore my i5s just for a tweak. (that will maybe work after restore)
    I disable the passcode and all is fine
    Some people have to have passcode lock on for their Exchange work emails. It's to those people I'm primarily giving the advice to restore.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

guys can someone do me a favor.. i just need a basic html file which will show time in left and date on right.. GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)-subtlelock1.png

basically its the lsame as subtlelock tweak in cydia.. i will like to have groovy version because subtelock crash with forecast+jellylock..
    ---------
    iPhone 5S lastest iOS

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    guys can someone do me a favor.. i just need a basic html file which will show time in left and date on right..
    basically its the lsame as subtlelock tweak in cydia.. i will like to have groovy version because subtelock crash with forecast+jellylock..
    Can you play with the files? if yes you can use this lock as a base and change the size SIMPLICIFY LS - For LockHTML & Groovylock
    iPhone 5s, 7.0.6 running 3 4 All , a free theme by Sk37cH

Other free themes here

Thanks

Default Thanks!
    Wow. You all are good and I have proof (in case anyone doubts!) I don't comment much here but try to read frequently. You all did a fantastic job helping me figure out how to get my iOS 6 JB set up with UNIAW 6 thread, tweaked it, mod'd it, made me feel like I knew what I was doing. Life was good....

Along comes SSL bug and I felt the need to upgrade to iOS 7.0.6. Maybe I didn't need to, but I did. I travel a lot and am on WiFi networks alot (now in fact). I read through the UNIAW thread, WW thread, and this one. It's been a few days reading, re-reading, digging, and about a thousand resprings, but once again the generous gift of your knowledge has allowed me to mod my phone with an animated lock screen!

I will be making some donations as soon as this thank you goes through. I truly appreciate all you guys and gals share!

GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)-abc123.png

23. The Following User Says Thank You to mfisherbsu For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-26-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Groovy, been rocking this for awhile and adding new groovylocks to my collection, such a sick tweak. I have a bunch now and its damn near impossible to remember what each one looks like... Is there anyway to get a small preview image next to each one in the "theme" list menu under groovylock settings??? I have no problem making my own and sharing them, I just wanted to know if its possible.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to DutchMaster22 For This Useful Post:

tito12 (02-28-2014)