Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GroovyLock (HTML LockScreen Platform)

Quote Originally Posted by sju View Post
    did i restore and set up as new yesterday, still crashes on 5s 7.05 when i have weather animatede iwidgets on springbord, when i have iwidgets with out animation it runs super, passcode on alle the way in this test, and my lockscreen is miWeather made by June.
    so now 12 h + without a singel crash
    The crashing for me is unrelated to the animation level running in iWidgets. I can have full animation running in iWidgets on Springboard and low animation to no animation on LS in GroovyLock and Passcode ON and NO crashing. As soon as I put high animation on LS with pass code lock ON I get crashing - even with no iWidgets at all. I've heard same report from others. For me - the crashing with GroovyLock is confined to the level of animation on LS + passcode Lock ON.
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

i restored my 5S as new and GL works well with no animation, just running widget-weather-base theme

running High Animations on my SB with Iwidgets 6.4 UNIAW rainy day

Passcode lock on...

no crashes at all....but if i try any animation on LS.....crash city
    Last edited by bliken; 02-20-2014 at 10:13 AM.

Another 24hs gone.... Still no Crash without passcode. Works now perfect without passcode. ( and we had a lot of rain in Germany the last few days ;-) so a lot of animation)

I did test lockhtml3 with passcode and it crashes ...

So back to groovylock ... Then we have to use it without passcode, till there will be a fix, or a jailbreakable ios7.1

I do not restore my i5s just for a tweak. (that will maybe work after restore)
    I disable the passcode and all is fine
    Last edited by deepblue2000; 02-21-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deepblue2000 View Post
    Another 24hs gone.... Still no Crash without passcode. Works now perfect without passcode. ( and we had a lot of rain in Germany the last few days ;-) so a lot of animation)

I did test lockhtml3 with passcode and it crashes too.
    GroovyLock runs in the Background Layer - by design. LockHTML runs in the HomePage Layer - which is more prone to crashing with or without passcode on. Though I have NO crashing in either one with Passcode off. If you have restored recently and set up as new phone - you won't have crashing in LockHTML3 without passcode either. If you DO have crashing in LockHTML3 with passcode lock off - then there's something unstable on your phone.

BUT if after a restore to get rid of old unstable junk - you need to run passcode lock on - for your job - then all you need to do in LockHTML3 is is go into Widget Position and change it to BACKGROUND. Then it will run 'essentially' like Groovy Lock does. And crashing will be practically gone with passcode lock on -- and totally gone with passcode lock off.

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post
    The crashing for me is unrelated to the animation level running in iWidgets. I can have full animation running in iWidgets on Springboard and low animation to no animation on LS in GroovyLock and Passcode ON and NO crashing. As soon as I put high animation on LS with pass code lock ON I get crashing - even with no iWidgets at all. I've heard same report from others. For me - the crashing with GroovyLock is confined to the level of animation on LS + passcode Lock ON.
    your are right, just the same problems here.
    Edit:after 3 days of not having animated iwidgets on springboard 0 crashes.
    nice and i can live with that, but still waiting for a fix form someone i here, apple hopefull wil fix it in 7.1 but doent want to live without jailbreak
    Last edited by sju; 02-25-2014 at 04:59 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sju For This Useful Post:

NewdestinyX (02-21-2014)

I do not restore my i5s just for a tweak. (that will maybe work after restore)
    I disable the passcode and all is fine
    Some people have to have passcode lock on for their Exchange work emails. It's to those people I'm primarily giving the advice to restore.

guys can someone do me a favor.. i just need a basic html file which will show time in left and date on right.. -subtlelock1.png

basically its the lsame as subtlelock tweak in cydia.. i will like to have groovy version because subtelock crash with forecast+jellylock..
    ---------
    iPhone 5S lastest iOS

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Om3r View Post
    guys can someone do me a favor.. i just need a basic html file which will show time in left and date on right..
    basically its the lsame as subtlelock tweak in cydia.. i will like to have groovy version because subtelock crash with forecast+jellylock..
    Can you play with the files? if yes you can use this lock as a base and change the size SIMPLICIFY LS - For LockHTML & Groovylock
    iPhone 5s, 7.0.6 running 3 4 All, a free theme by Sk37cH

Other great free themes here

Default Thanks!
    Wow. You all are good and I have proof (in case anyone doubts!) I don't comment much here but try to read frequently. You all did a fantastic job helping me figure out how to get my iOS 6 JB set up with UNIAW 6 thread, tweaked it, mod'd it, made me feel like I knew what I was doing. Life was good....

Along comes SSL bug and I felt the need to upgrade to iOS 7.0.6. Maybe I didn't need to, but I did. I travel a lot and am on WiFi networks alot (now in fact). I read through the UNIAW thread, WW thread, and this one. It's been a few days reading, re-reading, digging, and about a thousand resprings, but once again the generous gift of your knowledge has allowed me to mod my phone with an animated lock screen!

I will be making some donations as soon as this thank you goes through. I truly appreciate all you guys and gals share!

-abc123.png

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mfisherbsu For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (02-26-2014)

iPhone? More like MyPhone DutchMaster22's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey Groovy, been rocking this for awhile and adding new groovylocks to my collection, such a sick tweak. I have a bunch now and its damn near impossible to remember what each one looks like... Is there anyway to get a small preview image next to each one in the "theme" list menu under groovylock settings??? I have no problem making my own and sharing them, I just wanted to know if its possible.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DutchMaster22 For This Useful Post:

tito12 (02-28-2014)

Interesting idea.. That would be fabulous.. But probably hard to code...

It would be similar to the way NGUI displays theme previews. Might actually be easy to adapt.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

16. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-01-2014)

Thanks

Yea King, that's exactly where I got the idea! I made my own preview image for emitter and resized the one for badgen7 so they're all uniform. Would love to do the same for groovy lock themes. ImageUploadedByModMyi1393655638.991480.jpg

I know that jake is focusing on NGUI more than GL, but I'll ask him anyway.

Evil Genius Developer GroovyCarrot's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,147 Times in 472 Posts

Can do that when I get a chance, sorry last stretch of my degree so I'm a busy bee!

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GroovyCarrot For This Useful Post:

DutchMaster22 (03-02-2014), King_O_Hill (03-01-2014), lostinthemes (03-01-2014), RKO1195 (03-01-2014), Simon (03-01-2014), tito12 (03-02-2014)

Thanks bro, no worries. I always wished that iWidgets had this too!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

RKO1195 (03-01-2014)

so today was a bit boring... so I restored my i5s with 7.0.6
    and did NOT restore my settings, and configured my i5s as "new iphone".
    (did not use itunes to restore anything)

installed everything.. and after 1h with groovylock and the "77 groovytheme" my i5s
    still crashes to safe mode, when passcode is activated.

so a fresh restore does not solve the problem, just a deactivated passcode solve the problem

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Can do that when I get a chance, sorry last stretch of my degree so I'm a busy bee!
    Thanx groovy, that would be awesome

iPhone? More like MyPhone tito12's Avatar
    Thanks

so today was a bit boring... so I restored my i5s with 7.0.6
    and did NOT restore my settings, and configured my i5s as "new iphone".
    (did not use itunes to restore anything)

installed everything.. and after 1h with groovylock and the "77 groovytheme" my i5s
    still crashes to safe mode, when passcode is activated.

so a fresh restore does not solve the problem, just a deactivated passcode solve the problem
    Hi Blue, I did exactly the same as you a couple days back, I have SIMPLICIFY LS - For LockHTML & Groovylock and active passcode, no crash at all on mine...
    Last edited by tito12; 03-03-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    iPhone 5s, 7.0.6 running 3 4 All, a free theme by Sk37cH

Other great free themes here

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyCarrot View Post
    Hi guys, since apparently my tweets go further than I thought a lot of people have already downloaded GroovyLock which is a HTML LockScreen theming platform, you can switch between themes in the Settings app without the need to respring.

It isn't on Cydia at the moment and there are several bugs that seems to be caused by conflicts, so I'm gonna try and talk through them all and why it's been so difficult to get a simple HTML LS platform for iOS 7.0. First of all I should mention that iOS 7.0's UIWebView class and JavaScript interpreter is pretty awful compared to iOS 6, Apple attempted to make a step forward but really took a step back - so some LockScreens simply don't work well any more and there's not much that can be done about that, I just recommend lying off the intense animations to prevent crashes.
    More information: to supplement this, Simon has informed me that using GroovyLock with 7.1b3 has significant performance improvements and no crashes, it seems logical to assume that the issues experienced in with the iOS 7.0 UIWebView will be stuck until 7.1 - at which point we can't confidently say there will be a jailbreak for it

Another bug, that also seems to be an issue with iWidget, is that when WinterBoard themes with plists are active it some how breaks the UIWebView that loads local files - not entirely sure why or even have much information on this bug, it's purely speculation by me and @_Matchstic at the moment but be aware if your LS isn't running then chances are this is why - I'd suggest just disabling all WB themes first of all and then add them back on.

Finally there seems to be issues with crashing on A7 devices, pretty sure it's if you check the 'Hold LS in memory' switch and something gets released from memory when it shouldn't

So the download link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpfklaaop4...GroovyLock.zip
    I update that link with the latest version, if I remove the link it's because it's unstable and causing people problems so just wait on more information if that happens.

Usage
    Themes go into /User/Library/GroovyLock/ just as they would in winterboard, no need for the .theme on the folder but shouldn't make a difference really

Then just go into Settings -> GroovyLock and switch on the theme you want, it'll appear in the LS when you lock the device.

And just because pictures are pretty:

The best support for this will come from those that have tested this for the last few days but please just post any issues in here if the above information does not resolve them, please don't directly message people asking for help as this thread is to aggregate all this information

Changelog
    WebView is transparent, unless otherwise dictated by the HTML loaded
    Fixed iPad landscape rotation
    Possibly fixed localStorage issue but iOS 7 is funny about this in terms of security
    Performance improvements

Fixed bug with spaces in theme folder names causing white screen
    Adding option to retain the LS in memory - this means that instead of it being release and regenerated when the device is locked it will stay in memory constantly, this may cause performance and battery drain issues, only recommend using this if there really is a need

1.0.0 (On Cydia as 1.0.1 because I was hungover when I wrote that up)
    Initial release
    Hey I've been having an issue with Groovylock. there is a type of delay..

say its 1:30. I set my 5S on 7.0.6 down. then at 1:35 I press a button to wake it, it will say 1:30 then quickly flash to 1:35.

Is this normal?

Page 26 of 48 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 36 ... LastLast