+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime for region locked iOS 7 devices.

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi everyone. I had been using facetime hacktivator and middlewhat for my saudi arabian/dubai based iPhone 5 to activate facetime on iOS 6. The recent update to iOS 7 is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Facetime for region locked iOS 7 devices.
    Hi everyone.

I had been using facetime hacktivator and middlewhat for my saudi arabian/dubai based iPhone 5 to activate facetime on iOS 6.

The recent update to iOS 7 is perhaps incompatible with the current versions of these tweaks. I've emailed these devs too but no response. Can anybody create a tweak that enables facetime on these region locked iOS 7 devices?
    Last edited by chayewala; 01-08-2014 at 04:32 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I have also emailed Sbinger, the author of MiddleWhat, requesting updates for ios 7. Hope they add support for iOS 7 soon.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ateeb For This Useful Post:

chayewala (01-09-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I did the same thing, need that update for th 5S desperately, I didn't know I won't be having that feature while buying the phone in Dubai..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonTokiRoma View Post
    I did the same thing, need that update for th 5S desperately, I didn't know I won't be having that feature while buying the phone in Dubai..
    Yes this is indeed a huge drawback for middle eastern handsets. It should definitely affect the price value. Its very stupid since skype whatsapp and now even viber is working along with many other audio/video apps. How does facetime affect their telecom?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by chayewala View Post
    Yes this is indeed a huge drawback for middle eastern handsets. It should definitely affect the price value. Its very stupid since skype whatsapp and now even viber is working along with many other audio/video apps. How does facetime affect their telecom?
    I think they just believe that the majority o iDevice users are more or less like my sister: she enjoys the iPhone, but has never installed any app since she's not using any. So if you forbid those people to use facetime they won't hustle to look for a different solution.. Don't know, that's just a thought. Most of my friends, especially those from abroad, connect with me with FaceTime so I often find myself in a situation where I see missed calls on the iPad because I don't have facetime on my iPhone and it's siriously frustrating.. Plus skype doesn't work as well as facetime..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DonTokiRoma For This Useful Post:

chayewala (01-14-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    repeatedly sent messages and tweets to sam bingner, no response on middlewhat

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chayewala For This Useful Post:

ateeb (01-17-2014)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I will try backing up and restoring the region-locked iphone 5 bought from Dubai in iTunes. Hope it is smart enough to detect that I'm not in Dubai and enable facetime. Will update the progress in a while.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ateeb View Post
    I will try backing up and restoring the region-locked iphone 5 bought from Dubai in iTunes. Hope it is smart enough to detect that I'm not in Dubai and enable facetime. Will update the progress in a while.

NOpe. It is linked to the phone's serial number. Take any phone from middle east anywhere out, whenever you restore, the software configuration is implemented using the serial number. We need some dev to figure out a tweak that enables like before.

Facetime.app is present in applications folder in the iPhone system. If I knew objective c, I'd work on it. Unfortunately we have to rely on someone else