+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Disable Power Off In Lock Screen!!

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey Guys Is There A Way To Disable "Slide To Power Off" In Lock Screen?? I Remember I Installed A Tweak In My iPhone 2G Way Back, But I Dont
    Thanks

Default How To Disable Power Off In Lock Screen!!
    Hey Guys Is There A Way To Disable "Slide To Power Off" In Lock Screen??
    I Remember I Installed A Tweak In My iPhone 2G Way Back, But I Dont Remember Its Name. I Dont Even Know If It Will Work On iOS 7
    I Also Want To Disable & Hide The Camera Icon On Lock Screen, Is There Any Tweak For This??
    Thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The name of the tweak is Nopowerdown but unfortunately doesn't work on ios 7.Is there any alternative?
    Last edited by dirkdirgler; 01-02-2014 at 08:44 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Before you go through the effort of restoring, try a reset: Simultaneously hold down the Home and On buttons until the device shuts down. Ignore the off slider if it appears. Once shut down is complete, if it doesn't restart on it own, turn the device back on using the On button. In some cases it also helps to double click the Home button and close all apps BEFORE doing the reset.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    Hey Guys Is There A Way To Disable "Slide To Power Off" In Lock Screen??
    I Remember I Installed A Tweak In My iPhone 2G Way Back, But I Dont Remember Its Name. I Dont Even Know If It Will Work On iOS 7
    I Also Want To Disable & Hide The Camera Icon On Lock Screen, Is There Any Tweak For This??
    Thanks

check out "PowerDown Enhancer" in Cydia. i installed in on a iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.4 and it's pretty cool... let's you set a passcode lock for the power down and assign different functions.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks cyberjunkyfreak,
    It worked!

My iPhone is a Part of Me thevmax's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkyfreak View Post
    check out "PowerDown Enhancer" in Cydia. i installed in on a iPhone 5s running iOS 7.0.4 and it's pretty cool... let's you set a passcode lock for the power down and assign different functions.
    Yes, this will work...but only for one function.
    In other words, if you assign a password for Power down, and try to power down, it will ask for the password.
    BUT, if you do a reboot, it will just reboot without asking for the password.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thevmax View Post
    Yes, this will work...but only for one function.
    In other words, if you assign a password for Power down, and try to power down, it will ask for the password.
    BUT, if you do a reboot, it will just reboot without asking for the password.
    I think the idea here is to keep the phone on so it can be found with "Find my iPhone"... so if the phone reboots it will still be trackable. At least that's my purpose for using it. Sure... somebody smart enough could put the phone in DFU mode... nothing is completely secure.

If you have an iPhone 5s with fingerprint scanner... use BioProtect along with Powerdown Enhancer... this will prompt for a fingerprint scan to reboot. Powerdown Enhancer is not really needed with Bio Protect however I like the options (power off / reboot / respring) that Powerdown Enhancer offers.
    Last edited by cyberjunkyfreak; 01-28-2014 at 11:09 AM.