Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AppMask

Question AppMask
    Hello, i am working on my first iPhone/iPad theme but my AppMask don't work... I try to save to the web but it does not work...
    As you can see on the picture below, the AppStore icons that I modified have a black outline and the others icons are not changed...

Can you help me please ?

Excuse me for my English, I'm French ...

-appmask-marchepas.png

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,000 Times in 6,544 Posts

Check out this thread and if you are still having trouble, post your question there.

iOS6x Theme GUIDE
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-31-2013), Sk37cH (10-31-2013)

Hello, i follow the instruction of the link you send to me. It work but now my icons have a black outline round ...
    Could someone look at my folder please ?
    You can find it here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wu2iqr6ctebdn6o/C_glGeAQyq
    -petitcontournoir.png

Quote Originally Posted by dem0 View Post
    Hello, i follow the instruction of the link you send to me. It work but now my icons have a black outline round ...
    Could someone look at my folder please ?
    You can find it here : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wu2iqr6ctebdn6o/C_glGeAQyq
    -petitcontournoir.png
    Salut !

You can always try putting the white circle from your AppIconMask against a black background instead of the clear canvas'...

BTW how are your AppStore applications' icons dimensioned ? These are meant to be 114x114px instead of the 118x120px reserved for system icons.

Tu peux toujours essayer de mettre un fond noir en lieu et place de la transparence autour du cercle blanc de tes AppIconMask...

Sinon tes icônes pour les applications venant de l'AppStore font-elles bien 114x114px ? Les icônes mesurant 118x120 pixels sont prévues pour les applications système (celles d'origine sur l'iDevice et celles installées via Cydia).
    The theme in my posts is 3 4 All, by Sk37cH.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (10-31-2013), King_O_Hill (10-31-2013), Sk37cH (10-31-2013)

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,000 Times in 6,544 Posts

Thanks Al!
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-31-2013), Jato_BZ (10-31-2013), Sk37cH (10-31-2013)

Bonsoir, merci de ta réponse. Non, elles sont en 118*120, je vais changer ça... Et pour les versions iPad, qu'est ce qu'il faut mettre à la place de 74 76 et de 148 152, je souhaiterais faire un thème iPad et iPhone gratuit... Pour le fond noir, j'ai déjà essayé, cela ne fonctionne pas.

Hello, thank you for your answer. No, they are 118 * 120, I'll change it ... And for iPad versions, what is the size for 74* 76 and 148 *152, I would like to make a free iPhone and iPad theme ... For the black background, I already try...
    Last edited by dem0; 10-31-2013 at 04:05 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dem0 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-31-2013)

Bonsoir, merci de ta réponse. Non, elles sont en 118*120, je vais changer ça... Et pour les versions iPad, qu'est ce qu'il faut mettre à la place de 74 76 et de 148 152, je souhaiterais faire un thème iPad et iPhone gratuit... Pour le fond noir, j'ai déjà essayé, cela ne fonctionne pas.

Hello, thank you for your answer. No, they are 118 * 120, I'll change it ... And for iPad versions, what is the size for 74* 76 and 148 *152, I would like to make a free iPhone and iPad theme ... For the black background, I already try...
    72x72 and 144x144 are my guesses.

The numerous versions released, and infinite versatility, beats IconOmatic mods. By quality.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (10-31-2013)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dem0 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (10-31-2013)

I modified the AppStore icons and I get this : -vpetitcontournoir.png

You have only resized the CANVAS the icons were sitting on, right ?

My guess is you did. But try with the artwork 1pixel lower on the clear 114x114 canvas.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:

Sk37cH (11-01-2013)

I try and the result is the same at the beginning with the little black outline ...

Did you scale the image down to 114x114 or did you change the canvas size to 114x114 ?

I can do the resizing for you if you wish to PM me the file.

I put my icon by resizing it to 110*110 on a transparent background 114*114.... I send you the fil by MP.
    Thank for your help.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dem0 For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (11-01-2013)

I put my icon by resizing it to 110*110 on a transparent background 114*114.... I send you the fil by MP.
    Thank for your help.
    Ok, had a look at your icons you hosted on imageshack.

I confess I didn't spend time analysing the dimension issues your masking reveals due to the jagged edges and heavy jpegification and surrounding stray pixels, all revealing something more disturbing to me : the icons are far from being your work.

Did you get permission for distributing them for free ?

Are they just screen rips ?

Alex.

Hi, it's my icons, I made them, I have all the xcf files if you do not believe me ....

I put my safari icon on imageshack to put it on my Macbook dock...
    Last edited by dem0; 11-01-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Hi, it's my icons, I made them, I have all the xcf files if you do not believe me ....
    Well, why not ? Thanks.

Well although the hosting process (through Modmyi) compresses this screenshot a lot, those circle's edges are clean, far from being as pixelized as your cutout versions you privately shared with me... What's up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Alfroggy View Post
    Well although the hosting process (through Modmyi) compresses this screenshot a lot, those circle's edges are clean, far from being as pixelized as your cutout versions you privately shared with me... What's up ?
    Ok, what do you want as proof ?

I don't need anymore proof. I'm wondering why it is so (pixelated edges) when you seem to know your way aroun gimp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast