+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydget and database driven Winterboard bug - NEED HELP

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
The MYO2 that you have is a winterboard theme which should work fine until you install cydget. There are 2 way to get it to work again. 1.) install the
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

The MYO2 that you have is a winterboard theme which should work fine until you install cydget.
    There are 2 way to get it to work again.
    1.) install the MYO2-cydget which will put a almost complete (just the 2 free API keys missing*) database in the right place which then also can be seen by the winterboard MYO2. Or
    2.) symlink the file_0 folder and the Databases.db file from /var/mobile/Library/Webkit/Databases to /var/mobile/Library/Caches, using iFile.
    I have both, winterboard and cydget, MYO2 running on the lockscreen (puts some strain on the iPod4, rather slow having one theme running twice ), but any change I make to the winterboard theme through the MYO-Setup webclip does not have any effect. Only changes I make through MYO2-Setup webclip (the cydget setup) changes both themes.
    The link to the MYO2-cydget in my previous post is so far just a demonstration, needs some fine tuning as cydgets are like widgets and start below the status bar, so everything needs to be moved up a bit, like sun and moon. Also the touch event for the forecast is rather slow, but that might be because running 2 copies of MYO2 at the same time (Winterboard and Cydget) is just too much for the iPod4 with all the animated weather etc.
    But it is nice to have now a cydget that updates the GPS position and therefore the weather info every time you open the lockscreen and because it saves the latitude and longitude to the database the winterboard version also uses the new GPS position and weather info.
    Will see if I can change the Google Maps cydget to read the GPS from the database and shows them on the map, so that by pressing the home button you could see your current location on an interactive Google map.

* a little hint: I have 2 txt files with the API keys in my /var/mobile/Documents folder for an easier copy & paste method. I am just to lazy to enter the code over and over again.
    Last edited by rasputin007; 10-12-2013 at 04:35 PM.

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,521 Times in 6,402 Posts

Ok, I think I got my plan here.

I do the same with my API keys too! Haha

Maybe we can just read the txt files for the keys? Then no work at all!
    Last edited by King_O_Hill; 10-12-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,140 Times in 490 Posts

Updated MYO2-cydget, see MYO-weather v.2

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rasputin007 For This Useful Post:

Krima (10-19-2013), The.Drifter (10-19-2013)

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12