Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Searching for 'current Time / Date' variable that can be used in PLIST (Like %@ string)

Default Searching for 'current Time / Date' variable that can be used in PLIST (Like %@ string)
    Hey everyone,

I have been searching trying to figure out (If there even is) a variable / string identifier for the " current time " of the iPhone, IN A WAY that can be displayed in PLIST files / strings (Such as how the %@ variable works) ...

As example I have noticed that [ \n ] means " return " , and have seen another one [ %@m ] (or something) but not sure what it is... And I realize the [ %@ ] variable is dependant upon a string that is passed to it, from a previous process.

Example PLIST String "The time is [%@CurrentTime]" <--NOT an actual string just what I want to do ... (All I can come across searching is either NSTime (Which is way out of my ballpark) or references to themes on Cydia.... And other blank pages with no responses...)

What I am trying to acomplish (And Why):

I edit the PLIST / Strings of the mobilephone.app
    Now when the phone rings it shows " Caller Name + ''currentime'' "
    Instead of just "Caller Name"

It would help me out to be able to see the current time in huge text next to the caller instead of going blind trying to see the statusbar, as call hours and time to answer certain calls are very important to me.

Thank you all for your time !
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BaLLZaCH; 08-30-2013 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BaLLZaCH View Post
    Hey everyone,

I have been searching trying to figure out (If there even is) a variable / string identifier for the " current time " of the iPhone, IN A WAY that can be displayed in PLIST files / strings (Such as how the %@ variable works) ...

As example I have noticed that [ \n ] means " return " , and have seen another one [ %@m ] (or something) but not sure what it is... And I realize the [ %@ ] variable is dependant upon a string that is passed to it, from a previous process.

Example PLIST String "The time is [%@CurrentTime]" <--NOT an actual string just what I want to do ... (All I can come across searching is either NSTime (Which is way out of my ballpark) or references to themes on Cydia.... And other blank pages with no responses...)

What I am trying to acomplish (And Why):

I edit the PLIST / Strings of the mobilephone.app
    Now when the phone rings it shows " Caller Name + ''currentime'' "
    Instead of just "Caller Name"

It would help me out to be able to see the current time in huge text next to the caller instead of going blind trying to see the statusbar, as call hours and time to answer certain calls are very important to me.

Thank you all for your time !
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not possible to do that via a .plist edit; you will need a MobileSubstrate hook into SpringBoard's incoming call UI and display the time that way. That being said, I may be able to help you out with such a tweak - throw me a mockup via PM how you would like it to look, and I'll write up the code for it

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Matchstic For This Useful Post:

2k1 (08-23-2013), Alfroggy (08-24-2013), BaLLZaCH (08-30-2013), Jato_BZ (08-23-2013), King_O_Hill (08-30-2013), The.Drifter (08-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,514 Times in 2,146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not possible to do that via a .plist edit; you will need a MobileSubstrate hook into SpringBoard's incoming call UI and display the time that way. That being said, I may be able to help you out with such a tweak - throw me a mockup via PM how you would like it to look, and I'll write up the code for it
    That's nice of u dude! 👍
    Twitter ID: @Jato_BZ
    .artwork Assassin / Emoji Extractor

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jato_BZ For This Useful Post:

Alfroggy (08-24-2013), King_O_Hill (08-30-2013), Matchstic (08-23-2013)

PM
    [Edit]: Forgot to say " IOS_5.1.1 " , if it makes a difference. Thx
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BaLLZaCH; 08-30-2013 at 06:18 PM. Reason: I forgot to say, if it matters, [ IOS_5.1.1 ] ...

Quote Originally Posted by Matchstic View Post
    If I knew that you were taking requests bro, I would have sent you a message.

Check out WW2 for iOS 8 - Widget-Weather 2.0

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Jato_BZ (09-01-2013), Matchstic (08-31-2013)