+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need help changing application permissions

is a discussion within the

File Mods

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Currently, all stock and Cydia applications are immediately crashing/closing whenever I attempt to open them. Earlier, I tried to manually delete a tweak through iFile (it was a dumb move,
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I need help changing application permissions
    Currently, all stock and Cydia applications are immediately crashing/closing whenever I attempt to open them.

Earlier, I tried to manually delete a tweak through iFile (it was a dumb move, I know), which caused it to crash, and continued to crash whenever I tried to reopen it. I rebooted the phone, and all my Cydia and stock apps were gone. Turns out, they ended up in the iFile trash (for a reason that still eludes me). I opened iFunBox, and transferred the context of the trash (the entire Applications folder) to my computer. I then navigated to the / directory and dragged the Applications folder from my desktop to there and rebooted.

Upon rebooting, the applications were back, but the stock and Cydia apps crash upon opening, which is my original problem.

Someone pointed out to me that it may be a permissions problem, but I'm not sure how to change them. My phone doesn't have OpenSSH installed, and I can't find my phone's IP address since Settings crashes upon opening.

Any help?

Thanks
    Thanked 9,620 Times in 5,899 Posts

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I can't; Cydia crashes when I try to open it

Thanks

If you have access to your router, you can look at your DHCP leases to determine your iPhone's IP address, then SSH in using apt-get or DPKG to install the RAT application. Since you don't have SSH installed, you'll have to install the bundle located here, but that will only work with A4 (iPhone 4, first-generation iPad, iPod touch fourth generation or older) devices.

However, if you altered files or applications on your system partition, iLEX won't touch those... so that may not solve our issue.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How would I view the DHCP leases from my router? I have the router physically in the room but I'm not sure how I would go about viewing the leases.

Also, could Semi-Restore be another option? I don't mind wiping my phone since I have a backup of everything.

Edit: Semi-Restore didn't work

MAJOR EDIT: Ok, so I Semi-Restored many times (and failed), but for some reason Cydia got reset and set up again. I downloaded OpenSSH, iLEX RAT, and MobileTerminal. I ran iLEX RAT, and after rebooting, I'm stuck at the apple logo. The good thing is that the device is still recognized by iTunes and iFunBox. Is there anything I can do?

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    If you have access to your router, you can look at your DHCP leases to determine your iPhone's IP address, then SSH in using apt-get or DPKG to install the RAT application. Since you don't have SSH installed, you'll have to install the bundle located here, but that will only work with A4 (iPhone 4, first-generation iPad, iPod touch fourth generation or older) devices.

However, if you altered files or applications on your system partition, iLEX won't touch those... so that may not solve our issue.
    Last edited by tcln1456; 08-10-2013 at 07:12 PM.