Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't find any IPSW files on computer

Default Can't find any IPSW files on computer
    I have a iPhone 2g, silver and black? I bought it sometime ago and ended up getting a new iPhone. My dilemma is, I'm trying to restore the 2g but when I bought it, the phone was already jail broken. I was told to download iREB and follow the instructions, which I did. Now it states for me to choose a custom ipsw file and I obviously have none of those on my computer since I was not the one that originally jail broke the phone. I am a complete amateur with iPhones and just would be appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction so I can at least get the phone to come on. The phone right now is throwing the 1603 error code and I cannot get it to go past the iBoot stage, where I can either pick android, console, or apple.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ltaylor0916 View Post
    I have a iPhone 2g, silver and black? I bought it sometime ago and ended up getting a new iPhone. My dilemma is, I'm trying to restore the 2g but when I bought it, the phone was already jail broken. I was told to download iREB and follow the instructions, which I did. Now it states for me to choose a custom ipsw file and I obviously have none of those on my computer since I was not the one that originally jail broke the phone. I am a complete amateur with iPhones and just would be appreciative if someone could point me in the right direction so I can at least get the phone to come on. The phone right now is throwing the 1603 error code and I cannot get it to go past the iBoot stage, where I can either pick android, console, or apple.
    do u want restore ur iphone?

Yes, I am looking to restore my phone. I can't get it to work though. I bought the phone jail broken so I don't have any of the files that were used.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yes, I am looking to restore my phone. I can't get it to work though. I bought the phone jail broken so I don't have any of the files that were used.
    what fw do u use?

If you're meaning firewall, I have McAfee. I've turned the firewall off and tried it again and it still throws the 1603 code.

Green Apple
    Thanks

If you're meaning firewall, I have McAfee. I've turned the firewall off and tried it again and it still throws the 1603 code.
    no! ios version? it's firmware