Page 95 of 211 FirstFirst ... 45 859394959697 105 145 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,900 of 4210

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Widget Weather

King Kong ain't got nothing on me! King_O_Hill's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 17,992 Times in 6,542 Posts

All of this has been duly noted. I'm sorry that there are .02% of people that we can't please. We have looked at everything that was sent to us and sometimes just because we get a report, there isn't anything there to help us fix the issue. This was an in depth tweak and we were very happy with the results. We would have loved to been 100%, but we were very close.

We are looking forward to iOS 7 as we've decided that it has reached it's maturity for this iOS. Other devices are also on the table too.
    Widget-Weather App Now Available! Also with MyLocation Support!
    Check out the thread here - Widget-Weather
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."
    It will allow you to bring your phone back to a fresh jailbroken state!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), Jato_BZ (12-01-2013), mcooper (12-01-2013), The_Durben (12-01-2013)

What King said up there ^

What the heck did I come back to read these last few pages....
    NewD dude, 99% of the time I'm just skimming (quickly) your posts. You gotta relax a bit

Ohhh Walking Dead is on
    Nite y'all

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-01-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013), RKO1195 (12-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by King_O_Hill View Post
    All of this has been duly noted. I'm sorry that there are .02% of people that we can't please.
    It's only .02% if the 10,000 is "users", bro. You said "downloads". I don't believe user count for WW is 10,000, King.
    We are looking forward to iOS 7 as we've decided that it has reached it's maturity for this iOS. Other devices are also on the table too.
    I agree - time to look forward - not back. SD should still place a "known bug" report about the crashing in his Cydia write up though. Don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Durben View Post

NewD dude, 99% of the time I'm just skimming (quickly) your posts. You gotta relax a bit

Ohhh Walking Dead is on
    Nite y'all
    I'm always relaxed, D. Never keyed up. Just like tweak developers to acknowledge to their user base - known issues and do their best to address them. That's all, D. Not too much to ask - is it?
    Here to help if I can. If I can't I know someone who can!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

Ohhh Walking Dead is on
    Nite y'all
    D, your killing me bro!

Grant it's only a known bug if its reproducible by every one. It does state that app sync and weather fix are known to cause issues, what more do you want?!?!
    To install the Widget-Weather app, just go to Cydia and install. This will also remove MyLocation, as it is built in!
    Want to protect your JailBreak! Add this repo http://cydia.myrepospace.com/iLEXiNFO/ & Install "iLEX R.A.T."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), The_Durben (12-03-2013)

Every phone that turns off Location Services while WW 1.5-26 is installed will experience springboard crashes, Brian. You tested it yourself, bro. We all did. The Cydia download should be updated to show that as a known bug. 1.4-7 and 1.4-8 did not have that. It appeared at 1.4-9.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-01-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Thanks

I'll have to revisit this, I haven't had a crash in forever oddly enough. But I doubt I will resubmit to cydia for this bug report, as I received 0 emails from cydia on this.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

I'll have to revisit this, I haven't had a crash in forever oddly enough. But I doubt I will resubmit to cydia for this bug report, as I received 0 emails from cydia on this.
    Most people won't turn off their location services. That's why you don't hear more about it. But we've had quite a few reports of it in the thread where people had to uninstall to get rid of the crashing. I think it would build better customer service. But whatever you and D think..

Thanks

I guess you get what you pay for.

Haha

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

I guess you get what you pay for.

Haha
    Lol! Yes.. WW is a brilliant accomplishment for free. That's why I try never to complain.. What gets a little tension-creating for me (and some others that don't talk as openly here but we chat "elsewhere" ) is that WidgetWeather has been proposed to be the replacement for myLocation and has wielded a huge amount of influence on modders to that end - even Dacal & Ian. But now that it has inconsistencies for a bunch of major players - including major modders like Ferlop & Hemp - it can really be a frustration for the average user trying to figure out which engine to use. That's the reason why I keep "questioning".. as I do....

Don't mean to be a pain.. Just wish such a critical engine as WW had a dev that could give a little more time. Many of us would HAPPILY pay for this.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Thanks

I agree, but I also think its a little unfair to compare this with MyLocation, as it is far more advanced and complicated.

Lets see what iOS 7 has to offer, if anything. Who knows, maybe we'll be right back here working it all out.

We tried to help Hemp, but like I said before, he's just too hard to work with

18. The Following User Says Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Fair enuff.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-01-2013)

Probably not applicable here but thought I would mention it anyway.

When I was having weather updating issues, I had a look at all of my installed tweaks and noticed I still had LibWeather installed! Removed that and not one updating issue ever since.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marty McFly For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), mcooper (12-02-2013), NewdestinyX (12-02-2013), RKO1195 (12-02-2013), The_Durben (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Marty McFly View Post
    Probably not applicable here but thought I would mention it anyway.

When I was having weather updating issues, I had a look at all of my installed tweaks and noticed I still had LibWeather installed! Removed that and not one updating issue ever since.
    Yeah. That wasn't/isn't my issue and I'm pretty sure that's one of the first questions King & Durben ask folks having trouble.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013)

Lol. I want to note that I gave up. Not the team. I had 5 people all trying to help me. And I got frustrated with it and quit myself. Even tho the WW team wanted me to push on. King and Durben have went up, above , and beyond their duties for everyone. And there is really no way I can show the appreciation for all they have done for me. I will say. I am
    Looking forward to having this tweak installed at some point. Even if it means I have to restore my device and start over at some time.

Thank you

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

EricB78 (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013), The_Durben (12-03-2013)

Yeah.. Good reminder, Hemp. King and Durben have been awesome and patient thru all of it will all of us. I too am grateful. You will LOVE it when you can finally use it!

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NewdestinyX For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-02-2013), King_O_Hill (12-02-2013), Marty McFly (12-02-2013)

Till the latest update of WinterBoard, my device crashes when its plugged in and respringed, so I download the tweak, uidevicecrasher from the repo below, it gives the below alarm but prevents the crash, so the latest argument may depend on the winterbord issue...

Add this repo in Cydia. rpetri.ch repo and download uidevicecrasher

-img_0271.png

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lostinthemes For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-03-2013), nik1975 (12-03-2013), The_Durben (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by NewdestinyX View Post

I'm always relaxed, D. Never keyed up. Just like tweak developers to acknowledge to their user base - known issues and do their best to address them. That's all, D. Not too much to ask - is it?
    Are you serious? Acknowledge our user base? I think we've gone well beyond what is expected.
    And really you of all people who received a reworked version of the tweak, literally just for you, and you come up with this?

Wonder why I'm absent from these threads lately? It's the condescending nature of your posts.

Like King said, we do not receive emails for issues. The large majority of the people using this have no problem at all.
    Then there's a handful that can't get it to work, most of which because they ballsed up their own phone with crap sync, some because their weather app is corrupt. Then there's you who on every page is complaining about your city off by a millimetre...writing a novel about it, making others not even want to read the thread. Give your head a shake dude, it's a tweak for weather. Everyone who could be helped was, those that couldn't I'm sorry they can't use the tweak but it works for the majority.
    Last edited by The_Durben; 12-03-2013 at 12:36 PM.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The_Durben For This Useful Post:

hemptation (12-03-2013), King_O_Hill (12-03-2013), Marty McFly (12-03-2013)

Mmhmm. Is where my thanks came in. I think they made 2-3 rebuilds for me. And that's going way above for the end user. Especially on a tweak that's offered for free. Just saying.

Little appreciation goes a long way.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hemptation For This Useful Post:

King_O_Hill (12-03-2013), rasputin007 (12-03-2013), RKO1195 (12-04-2013), The_Durben (12-03-2013)

Are you serious? Acknowledge our user base? I think we've gone well beyond what is expected.
    And really you of all people who received a reworked version of the tweak, literally just for you, and you come up with this?

Wonder why I'm absent from these threads lately? It's the condescending nature of your posts.

Like King said, we do not receive emails for issues. The large majority of the people using this have no problem at all.
    Then there's a handful that can't get it to work, most of which because they ballsed up their own phone with crap sync, some because their weather app is corrupt. Then there's you who on every page is complaining about your city off by a millimetre...writing a novel about it, making others not even want to read the thread. Give your head a shake dude, it's a tweak for weather. Everyone who could be helped was, those that couldn't I'm sorry they can't use the tweak but it works for the majority.
    I just never understand these defensive reactions from you, Derrick. I have been the most vocally supportive of this tweak. If you count the posts in this thread where I've given praise and thanks - no one person tops my grateful words, Durben. That's just a fact. Count 'em yourself. I did. When I ask a pointed question - you- always get defensive or say some deriding thing about me and blame me for the downturn of the thread. It's just NOT fair, Derrick. Not fair at all. If you can't take input and constructive criticism amongst the praise -- well I don't know what to tell you. Please don't see 'conspiracies' around every corner.

I have loved and still love this tweak.. And it's not about a millimeter off from my position. That's crap - and you know it.. The only things I've ever spoken up about... are major problems 'major' contributors have been having. And all in hope to try and help find a resolve. All in help.

It's just so distressing to get constantly beat up for things I don't do - or the worst being believed about every word I share.

It's so demeaning and so uncalled for.

If you think it's not necessary to give warning of a universal bug for every user that makes their phone crash -- well -- then -- I just don't know what to say.

I'm done trying to help this ungrateful bunch.

You're on your own...Peace out..

EDIT:
    Now.. having said all that - which I really do feel - I know how I can come across when I offer that 1 word in 10 that's "constructive", I need to be careful about the 'way' I express the concern. Fair enough. But, Lord.... I've been trying. It gets to be like I can never win. Are we really 'that sensitive'? wow..... I hear others state things even stronger than I do - bit it seems - I'm the one singled out.... feels unfair.. but I will try to 'measure my phraseology'.
    Last edited by NewdestinyX; 12-03-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Thanks

We refer to it as Grantology.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to King_O_Hill For This Useful Post:

Heine (12-05-2013), Krima (12-03-2013), The_Durben (12-04-2013)

Page 95 of 211 FirstFirst ... 45 859394959697 105 145 195 ... LastLast